Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

zen death robot posted:

But goons hate change and the font will have different kerning or something and drive off 500+ users is my guess

This also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
where is elixir titan guy

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i want to try elixir titan

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pram posted:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

If the mobile apps are structured correctly itd just be a matter of swapping out the html scraper with the api fetcher but we're talking peak goon project here so

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the forums rewrite is in fact the ultimate goon project

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

redleader posted:

the forums rewrite is in fact the ultimate goon project

*changes install bar to wheel*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

someone just copy the forums structure and make a patreon. alternatively, change "general bullshit" to "total bullshit", "YOSPOS" to "YOSPIS" so the taxman can't sue.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RISCy Business posted:

HANDHELD VIETNAM is the name of my dick
i love the smell of my palm in the morning

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Blue Train posted:

I imagine it will break the mobile apps and that alone will be enough to drive off a large amount of people

Progressive JPEG posted:

If the mobile apps are structured correctly itd just be a matter of swapping out the html scraper with the api fetcher but we're talking peak goon project here so
since the forums are probably differently structured it'll be a bit more than just replacing the data-parsers, but honestly for basic functionality it wouldn't take more than a weekend I guess. I once refactored Awful.apk to a json version for the interface :choco: provided and it took me like 2 days.

And in the meantime

zen death robot posted:

Also you'd be able to just use mobile safari or whatever and it would work fine as well

also lol at lowtax going "my 95 corolla hasnt broken down in almost a year so i dont need a new car RIGHT NOW" :iiaca:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

i love the smell of my palm in the morning

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
why my palm smells like sperm?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
groverhaus but for the forums

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i am Elixir James Titan, ama

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

zen death robot posted:

he disappeared shocking I know

did you ever see the source

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

it was production ready though!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but only like, half a forum

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he never said which half though

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the good half

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he finished the elixir but was still working on the titan

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
the elixir is piss

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

pram posted:

he posts once in a while but the whole elixer thing got dropped when it was obvious he wasn't going to be allowed to be radium 3.0

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

he posts once in a while but the whole elixer thing got dropped when it was obvious he wasn't going to be allowed to be radium 3.0

not even a probe

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

FamDav posted:

not even a probe

not like the elixer guy owed the forums anything since he never got paid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

people get probed for being idiots all the time tho

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

e. AAA is not the same thing as AARP. apparently I need to join the latter because my mind is going

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

e. AAA is not the same thing as AARP. apparently I need to join the latter because my mind is going

they do have a lot of membership in common

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKGOG-Pr81E&t=91s

pram
Jun 10, 2001
senior goons get a discount at the old country buffet, just mention 'stairs'

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

not like the elixer guy owed the forums anything since he never got paid

can this be confirmed

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

zen death robot posted:

he had offered to do it for free, which should have been the first sign that it wasn't gonna happen

god drat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ah hahaha.

yeah, that's usually a bit of a red flag

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
well did he at least get the wiki page up and running

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

There's nothing stock about the user accounts in savb:

code:
mysql> show columns in user;
+--------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------------------+----------------+
| Field              | Type                 | Null | Key | Default             | Extra          |
+--------------------+----------------------+------+-----+---------------------+----------------+
| userid             | int(10) unsigned     | NO   | PRI | NULL                | auto_increment |
| usergroupid        | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   | MUL | 0                   |                |
| username           | varchar(50)          | NO   | MUL |                     |                |
| password           | varchar(50)          | NO   |     |                     |                |
| user_secret        | varchar(40)          | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| email              | varchar(50)          | NO   | MUL |                     |                |
| homepage           | varchar(100)         | NO   |     |                     |                |
| icq                | varchar(20)          | NO   |     |                     |                |
| aim                | varchar(20)          | NO   |     |                     |                |
| yahoo              | varchar(20)          | NO   |     |                     |                |
| gender             | enum('M','F','U')    | NO   |     | U                   |                |
| signature          | mediumtext           | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| adminemail         | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| showemail          | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| invisible          | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| usertitle          | varchar(1000)        | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| usertitle_center   | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| usertitle_bbcode   | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| usertitle_locktill | datetime             | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| joindate           | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| daysprune          | smallint(6)          | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| lastvisit          | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| lastactivity       | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| lastpost           | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| posts              | mediumint(9)         | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| timezoneoffset     | varchar(4)           | NO   |     |                     |                |
| emailnotification  | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| ignorelist         | mediumtext           | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| pmfolders          | mediumtext           | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| receivepm          | tinyint(4)           | NO   |     | 1                   |                |
| emailonpm          | tinyint(4)           | NO   |     | 1                   |                |
| buddylist          | mediumtext           | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| options            | int(11)              | NO   |     | 15                  |                |
| options2           | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| birthday           | date                 | NO   |     | 0000-00-00          |                |
| maxposts           | smallint(6)          | NO   |     | -1                  |                |
| startofweek        | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 1                   |                |
| ipaddress          | varchar(20)          | NO   |     |                     |                |
| pmpopup            | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| inforum            | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| banreason          | varchar(255)         | NO   |     |                     |                |
| lastpasschange     | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| touched            | datetime             | NO   | MUL | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |                |
| probation_till     | datetime             | NO   |     | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |                |
| vec_options1       | int(11)              | NO   |     | 15                  |                |
| vec_options2       | int(11)              | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| vec_roles1         | int(11)              | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| vec_roles2         | int(11)              | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| vec_uiflags1       | int(11)              | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| vec_uiflags2       | int(11)              | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| is_hijacked        | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| is_mothballed      | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| has_archives       | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| date_pmchecked     | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| tvlm_status        | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | 0                   |                |
| options3           | int(10) unsigned     | NO   |     | NULL                |                |
| donated            | mediumint(9)         | YES  |     | NULL                |                |
57 rows in set (0.00 sec)
That's just one table, there are 3 others that deal with users, groups, etc alone

:eyepop:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
is_mothballed

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I'm maxposts

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

exploded mummy posted:

code:
touched            | datetime             | NO

its me

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

lol guess what you can delete all those columns problme solved that will be $1000000

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
im testing the new forum rn and they are so epic

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

im the tinyint(3) for boolean columns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre