Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bag em and tag em posted:

How are republicans not making GBS threads their pants daily over the approval ratings for EVERY action the administration is taking?

I like hat he's actively doing anything and everything to look guilty as sin. Just a casual dinner invite!

We

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

phasmid posted:

The Bush elections were the most absurd and sleazy national elections I've ever witnessed. Sadly, his family had the media in their pockets and they told all dissent to shut up. Smdh.

"Our consideration is limited to the present circumstances, for the problem of equal protection in election processes generally presents many complexities."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

twit666 posted:

Time did and article about it. 18 months between '71 and '72, 2,700 bombings in the US. http://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/

Ever since I learned just how crazy the 70s were in terms of bombings I've always been confused as to how any boomers are so bent out of shape about the amount of terrorism we have now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

turn off the TV posted:

Ever since I learned just how crazy the 70s were in terms of bombings I've always been confused as to how any boomers are so bent out of shape about the amount of terrorism we have now.

9/11 broke lots of brains. even here in the UK where the IRA bombed and killed far more than any muslims

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

runupon cracker posted:

Kushner is The Beast? Plausible.

Revelations states that followers of the Antichrist will have their right hand or forehead marked with his number and Kushner is Trump's right hand.

:tinfoil:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

turn off the TV posted:

They weren't Muslim?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

http://time.com/4807915/karen-pence-bees-beehive/

Climate change doesn't exist, but bees going extinct does

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

I like hat he's actively doing anything and everything to look guilty as sin. Just a casual dinner invite!

We

I like that he's edging closer and closer to dropping all pretense with his actions now. Like the constant referral to "political correctness" in his London Mayor tweets. He's one step from tweeting pepes and calling the democrats Liberal Cucks to their faces.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I like that he's edging closer and closer to dropping all pretense with his actions now. Like the constant referral to "political correctness" in his London Mayor tweets. He's one step from tweeting pepes and calling the democrats Liberal Cucks to their faces.

I bet his private lawyer is like "umm, do I really need this?" Heard a story on him this AM on NPR.

E the take away I got was that the "whitehouse counsel" of 30 lawyers has no obligation to protect him, but the "office of the president" and they have a duty to report misdeeds. Hence the private lawyer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

reminder that bannon calls people he doesn't like in the white house cucks to their face

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/872165222789861376

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol i thought you meant barron

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/872156970261897217
https://twitter.com/JohnBrownlow/status/872155052982579200

lol i pray that the entire family ends up in jail

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

There's a lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jesus.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm sure attorney general sessions will get right on that lol

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

Lol that if his family goes to jail that it's because people bothered to investigate the Trumps only because Donuthole Jejunum Trump is the President.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It.
just.
doesn't.
ever.
loving.
stop.

Every single day.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

It.
just.
doesn't.
ever.
loving.
stop.

Every single day.

No lol is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every lol is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a lol be washed away by the sea,
Our hmbol is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any lols death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in lolkind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell lols;
It lols for thee.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalLossBrain posted:

It.
just.
doesn't.
ever.
loving.
stop.

Every single day.

Get ready for game day son.

Good summation of some of the poo poo that may, or may not go down Thursday.

How the James Comey hearing is Washington's Super Bowl
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/donald-trump-james-comey/index.html

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jose posted:

i'm sure attorney general sessions will get right on that lol

There are so many gently caress ups this is on page 15 of WaPo

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Let's divert charitable donations away from sick kids and use them for our own selfish purposes!

Signed,
a broke-brain person

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol this entire article basically, but here are the choicest bits imo

quote:

Especially since the person who specifically commanded that the for-profit Trump Organization start billing hundreds of thousands of dollars to the nonprofit Eric Trump Foundation, according to two people directly involved, was none other than the current president of the United States, Donald Trump.

quote:

THE COSTS FOR ERIC'S golf tournament quickly escalated. After returning, in 2012, to a more modest $59,000--while the event brought in a record $2 million--the listed costs exploded to $230,000 in 2013, $242,000 in 2014 and finally $322,000 in 2015 (the most recent on record, held just as Trump was ratcheting up his presidential campaign), according to IRS filings. This even though the amount raised at these events, in fact, never reached that 2012 high.

quote:

Eric Trump, in speaking with Forbes, maintains that "our expenses on a tournament that made us somewhere in the $2 million range every year was somewhere around 100 grand," even though his foundation's tax records show costs soaring to $322,000. When asked for an itemized list of expenses, the Eric Trump Foundation declined to respond.

Thus it's hard to figure out what happened to the money. All the listed costs are direct expenses: Items like overhead and salaries appear elsewhere in its IRS filings. Even if the Eric Trump Foundation had to pay the full rate for literally everything, Forbes couldn't come up with a plausible path to $322,000 given the parameters of the annual event (a golf outing for about 200 and dinner for perhaps 400 more). Neither could golf tournament experts or the former head golf professional at Trump National Westchester. "If you gave me that much money to run a tournament, I couldn't imagine what we could do," says Patrick Langan, who worked at the club from 2006 to 2015. "It certainly wasn't done that way."

quote:

Until this board turnover, the Eric Trump Foundation pretty much did what it told its donors it would: send its money to St. Jude. But starting in 2011, more than $500,000 was redirected to a variety of other charities, many of which were personal favorites of Trump family members and several of which had nothing to do with children's cancer--but happened to become clients of Trump's golf courses.

quote:

Over the next five years, Abilis spent an estimated $240,000 hosting tournaments at the property.

quote:

Over the next three years, Little Baby Face spent an estimated $100,000 to hold golf outings on the Trump course. The foundation denies any direct connection between the two transactions.

quote:

In 2013, for example, Eric Trump used his foundation's money, rather than his own, to pay $1,600 to the American Society for Enology & Viticulture for a copper wine still and an antique bottle washer at a trade event and fundraiser that he was keynoting.

quote:

More recently, the foundation has rebranded itself as Curetivity. A spokeswoman for the organization said it would continue hosting golf tournaments to raise money for St. Jude. A Curetivity event was held this past May outside Washington, D.C., with Eric Trump in attendance, at the Trump National course.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Who's even donating money to the "Eric Trump foundation" to begin with, why not just donate it to St Jude? I mean, I get using it to filter bribe money now, but what about four or five years ago

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What's really hosed up is that before Cheetoface got involved it seemed like Eric was actually doing something good.

Then the lols began. :wtc:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Copy paste the forbes ad? Cant view with adblock

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
http://i.imgur.com/UKLs7qY.mp4

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Fitting, people always talk through the best part of the show.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yessssss, Trumpo is gonna be talkin bout GOD while Comey testifies.

This keeps getting better and better :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

And theeeeere it is!

:hmbol:

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

he could call his dad that it it would be true

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
With the tax return stuff I am beginning to think more and more that Trump is living the wealthy version of living paycheck to paycheck, that it's all a financial house of cards. Like why else would someone worth billions or even hundreds of millions care so much about money going to charity?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Hasn't that been confirmed for years? No bank in the US will loan him money, he has bankrupted multiple companies, and has sued multiple people for "misreporting his value" which is not really something that someone who is rich would probably care about. At least I wouldn't give a poo poo if someone said I was worth half a billion dollars and I was actually worth a billion dollars or whatever, it's not like money has any real meaning at that point.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

anyone who reports he's anything other than less than worthless is misreporting his value.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i am confident that the dems will once again manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Get ready for game day son.

Good summation of some of the poo poo that may, or may not go down Thursday.

How the James Comey hearing is Washington's Super Bowl
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/donald-trump-james-comey/index.html

That's a lol:

CNN posted:

The big three broadcast networks -- ABC, CBS and NBC -- announced they would be carrying the Comey hearing live, an unheard-of move for something so traditionally mundane as a congressional hearing. Please watch the hearing on CNN or stream it live at CNN.com.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am sad that my MAGA CHUD dad is too old to see the long lens of history pass final judgement on Trump as the literal worst president.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

What time (US) is Comey testifying? And what would that be GMT for us Brit goons? I want to tune in and :jerky:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

anyone who reports he's anything other than less than worthless is misreporting his value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

that's a lol