Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Wow, is Tyreek Hill the greatest WR to every play football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No but he does have a rare combination of quickness, acceleration and top-end speed combined with a nose for the ball. He roasted defenders and was ignored by Smith a lot last year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

WHOOPS posted:

He's a big hit off the field too!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hate this team

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do the Chargers move for Maclin now?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

WHOOPS posted:

no

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Diqnol posted:

Apparently Shady has been working his own angles to get Maclin to Buffalo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Whoa that's actually a pretty good idea that I now hate

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Cleveland really has to stop making wise decisions.

quote:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns have "inquired" on free agent Jeremy Maclin and done their "due diligence."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday morning that Maclin could make a visit to Cleveland. When asked about the team's reported interest, coach Hue Jackson said "that's a good thing." The Browns have intriguing pieces at wideout, but no proven depth behind new No. 1 Kenny Britt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
New #1 Kenny Britt will be former #1 Kenny Britt if they sign Maclin

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are the Browns really marching Cody Kessler out there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tankin' hard for Darnold

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was trying to withhold judgement for a while on the whole Kaepernick thing, but I think we've maybe reached a breaking point.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796523423715331
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796971371192320

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Are the Browns really marching Cody Kessler out there

It's him or Brock. Kessler at least has 1 year in Hue's offense. You can't really think Kizer will really be ready this year or probably ever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

I was trying to withhold judgement for a while on the whole Kaepernick thing, but I think we've maybe reached a breaking point.

https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796523423715331
https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/871796971371192320

Uh oh someone lit up the Warcrimes signal

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

Uh oh someone lit up the Warcrimes signal

oh who cares, this is more fun

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/872190266609770496

Nov 6, 2002

Eh, I mean you think Paul Allen would care about the controversy around Kaepnerick? The Seahawks already have a lot of locker room problems and a lot of players who hate their starting QB. I can see how adding Kaepernick into that mix would maybe not be a great idea.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want Kaep to go somewhere fun like Jacksonville.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Eh, I mean you think Paul Allen would care about the controversy around Kaepnerick? The Seahawks already have a lot of locker room problems and a lot of players who hate their starting QB. I can see how adding Kaepernick into that mix would maybe not be a great idea.

Kap is a great locker room guy, by all reports.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Kap is a great locker room guy, by all reports.

That's not what I mean. A number of Seahawks - mostly the defense apparently - really do not like Wilson and feel that the team doesn't hold him accountable. If you suddenly throw in another viable starting QB into the mix.. what happens? If the reports of the team coddling Wilson and protecting him are true, then I can see this move in that scenario making sense.

Of course, overall I agree it's dumb because Kaep would be a great fit for what they do.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diqnol posted:

He'll stumble on the tarmac in LA and blow out a hamstring

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Of course, overall I agree it's dumb because Kaep would be a great fit for what they do.
Except Kaep was at his best behind a top-5 OL, which Seattle definitely does not have.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's not what I mean. A number of Seahawks - mostly the defense apparently - really do not like Wilson and feel that the team doesn't hold him accountable. If you suddenly throw in another viable starting QB into the mix.. what happens? If the reports of the team coddling Wilson and protecting him are true, then I can see this move in that scenario making sense.

Oh. Yeah, that's true, but then I wonder why they even brought him in in the first place. And, of course, it's insanely dumb that the Seahawks would opt to make their team noticably worse rather than just hold Carroll accountable and ensure his moron team doesn't revolt against their obviously great quarterback, but teams do insanely dumb things all the time.

Nov 6, 2002

I don't doubt that there are many teams out there who would never sign him now because the owners or FOs don't want any part of him for protesting. But I just can't believe *ALL* 32 teams are colluding to keep a viable NFL starting QB unemployed.

I mean, why would the Seahawks bring him in for a visit and spend all this time talking about him and supposedly considering him if they were just going to blackball him? Appearances? That would involve some serious fifth dimensional conspiracy planning. Or you'd have to think that someone in the NFL called up Seattle after his visit and told them not to sign him, and I have a hard time believing anyone in Seattle would kowtow like that to the NFL over such a critical position. Maybe I'm being naive.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

He's a big hit off the field too!

Oh ho ho hoooo! I see what you did there!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I don't doubt that there are many teams out there who would never sign him now because the owners or FOs don't want any part of him for protesting. But I just can't believe *ALL* 32 teams are colluding to keep a viable NFL starting QB unemployed.

Yeah, but Joe Mixon just got drafted so...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, but Joe Mixon just got drafted so...
What did he ever do wrong? Its not like the NFL *actually* cares if players assault women.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hey remember those Madden commercials where we got to see Russ and Kaep training as kids? Those were good times.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/872210026550743040

why all this today

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is he healthy? Pick him up Howie!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

None of these late rear end releases make sense, but this is such a barren time of the year for NFL news that I welcome Free Agency Part II and hope it becomes an annual event.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

12 touchdowns in 2015.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is he healthy? Pick him up Howie!
Out most of the year after hip and shoulder surgeries so no one really knows. Decker is an awesome #2 but he serves no purpose to the Jets at this point.

Jets beat clucking their gums like its a shame vets getting released on a rebuilding team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets may also have been holding onto guys hoping to trade them for future late round picks, and that just never materialized.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Where did the jets rank in that ranking of nfl teams skill positions a week or so ago? Were they last or did some team like Cleveland sneak in below them? And that was with decker.

I live in the market that forces jets games on me every week and I don't have any special TV package that gives me other options. They're going to be a special kind of unwatchable this year.

Thank God for (completely legal) streams.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So, Matt Forte next?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
has this angle of the Ryan bros bar fight been covered

http://deadspin.com/report-rex-ryan...dium=socialflow

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Seattle should sign Kap and run the dragonfly with him and Wilson.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

has this angle of the Ryan bros bar fight been covered

http://deadspin.com/report-rex-ryan...dium=socialflow

Comments made me laugh out loud at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm paying $3500 this year for my Jets season tickets. :toot:

fsif posted:

So, Matt Forte next?
They should but they dont save any money by cutting him.

• Locked thread