Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/872196582074134530

Maybe something, probably nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

ReidRansom posted:

That's vanilla these days. Almost quaint in retrospect.

Especially when you consider that he married into the Kennedy family.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Lol
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/871169731260276736

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

arbybaconator posted:

His team didn't get a payout?

No, the founders took a $2.5B buyout and left the developers.

Notch himself took about $1.7B

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

Can you name any Trump appointee who is preferable to a random civil servant?

James Mattis

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
Have we talked about TrumpLeaks yet? Didn't see it in there.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-michaelmoore-trump-idUSKBN18X2OR

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

repeating posted:

Have we talked about TrumpLeaks yet? Didn't see it in there.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-michaelmoore-trump-idUSKBN18X2OR

I would not trust that over WaPo, at all.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ReidRansom posted:

That's vanilla these days. Almost quaint in retrospect.

Yeah, oh no, consensual sex

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
I was simply saying it was a thing. I'm still with WaPo for facts and CNN for hatertainment.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Boon posted:

James Mattis

I disagree. Mattis's actions in Haditha and Fallujah should've disqualified him from his job.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

mcmagic posted:

I disagree. Mattis's actions in Haditha and Fallujah should've disqualified him from his job.

Care to explain why?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

No, the founders took a $2.5B buyout and left the developers.

Notch himself took about $1.7B

There's gotta have been some decent retention bonuses for key contributors. It's not a portion of the sale on paper, but it might as well be. There's no way MS paid that kind of money for Mojang without SOME kind of assurance it wouldn't immediately catch fire.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/bungdan/status/872188792953749504

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ice Phisherman posted:

Care to explain why?

Because he showed a wanton disregard for civilian casualties and swept war crimes under the rug.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ice Phisherman posted:

Care to explain why?

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/38620-james-mattis-is-a-war-criminal-i-experienced-his-attack-on-fallujah-firsthand

Worth a read.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

Which games are these?

7 Days for zombies. Also has pvp should you wish.
Starbound / Terraria for 2D.
Fortress Craft evolved if you want to make a military industrial complex so you can kill the big monster and get off the planet.
Factorio if you want to build a military industrial complex from an overhead view while polluting everything that has a lot in common with computer chip design so you can get off the planet.
Infinifactory if you want puzzles to solve to see art in function.
Space Engineers if you want to be on an asteroid.
From the Depths if you want to make planes, boats, subs, blimps, airships, tank, aircraft carriers, big bases and spaceships fighting all in one space.
Star Made. Don't know much as I bounced off this game pretty quickly. Included for completeness.

Some are not strictly not minecraft clones but are building games I have played and they all fill in some sort of speciality. Hence why Minecraft is vanilla. Most don't have the "Pure" exploration aspect but that is massively overrated in MC as I see it as same poo poo just tossed around so no matter where you go you see the same thing no matter how random it is.

Things on the fringes would be:

Prison Architect
RimWorld

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

Don't really care if you agree or disagree, you asked a question and I answered. Random civil servant would be objectively worse than James Mattis as SECDEF. In terms of baseball, his WAR is significant.

Now gently caress off.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

And despite Comet's various missteps and the mixed feelings about him around parts, he's a clever dude. He's not going to be dunked on easily.

Nobody dunks on James the Giant Impeach.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boon posted:

Don't really care if you agree or disagree, you asked a question and I answered. Random civil servant would be objectively worse than James Mattis as SECDEF. In terms of baseball, his WAR is significant.

Now gently caress off.

No, you should actually gently caress off. Unless you have an argument that the average civil servant working at DoD has committed war crimes.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mcmagic posted:

There are career civil service people in all these jobs who I would much rather stay in place than anyone Trump would nominate.

Again, most offices have power that can only be exercised by a confirmed nominee and can not be delegated to a civil servant.

Also, this particular nominee's predecessor, who was nominated by Obama, said it was a great pick. So, the only reason to vote no would be purely partsan hackery.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/872199867665440769

lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

No, you should actually gently caress off. Unless you have an argument that the average civil servant working at DoD has committed war crimes.

the average civil servant working at the DoD is an active-duty military officer and has legally less ability to tell Trump to go gently caress himself or to resign rather than follow orders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rigel posted:

Again, most offices have power that can only be exercised by a confirmed nominee and can not be delegated to a civil servant.

Also, this particular nominee's predecessor, who was nominated by Obama, said it was a great pick. So, the only reason to vote no would be purely partsan hackery.

I would prefer government agencies not be able to exercise their power than exercise their power in a way a Trump appointee would direct.

evilweasel posted:

the average civil servant working at the DoD is an active-duty military officer and has legally less ability to tell Trump to go gently caress himself or to resign rather than follow orders

They would have to resign to be the defense secretary. It can't be an active duty person.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The new Green Monster.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

They would have to resign to be the defense secretary. It can't be an active duty person.

you don't want anyone at all confirmed as defense secretary, hence the problem

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Liberals like solar panels, so if I put them on The Wall, then they'll obviously support it

Bing bong, Art of the Deal :downs:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

you don't want anyone at all confirmed as defense secretary, hence the problem

There are civil servants working in the pentagon who aren't active duty. One of those would have to be the acting Secretary.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Haha the kids are alright.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Some are not strictly not minecraft clones but are building games I have played and they all fill in some sort of speciality. Hence why Minecraft is vanilla. Most don't have the "Pure" exploration aspect but that is massively overrated in MC as I see it as same poo poo just tossed around so no matter where you go you see the same thing no matter how random it is.

Exploring/mining in large procedural cavern networks is pretty relaxing and probably the main reason I enjoyed MC a lot. Don't find that sort of thing as enjoyable in 2d so don't have much playtime in Terraria or Starbound.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/ReutersTech/status/872183197362212865
Oh my god please let there be some sort of dumb supreme court case about why that goon calling Trump an inbred dogfucker can't be constiutionally blocked on Twitter

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Boon posted:

Now gently caress off.

is there a word for "iraqi civilians murdered" starting with W I was not aware of

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Oh my god please let there be some sort of dumb supreme court case about why that goon calling Trump an inbred dogfucker can't be constiutionally blocked on Twitter

Hm. Spicer did say they are official statements.

Could probably roll up him deleting government records (tweets being official now) with this case as well.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

the average civil servant working at the DoD is an active-duty military officer

The "civil" in "civil servant" is "civilian", see also: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/5/2101

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/872185449141465088

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

There are civil servants working in the pentagon who aren't active duty. One of those would have to be the acting Secretary.

Lol shut up mcmagic, you're such a disingenuous poo poo.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Spaced God posted:

What a world we live in.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/872203965680599041

quote:

Trump told the lawmakers they could talk about the solar-paneled wall as long as they said it was his idea.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So thirsty for that w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Wouldn't that be a tiny amount of solar power? Not much land area.

• Locked thread