Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Trabandiumium posted:

Gary go on Cum Town

Dave and Nick Mullen have Twitter beef so unfortunately this seems unlikely.

I thought Gareth was surprisingly good on the Lovett or leave it podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dave has twitter beef with someone???? what fuckin world is this

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
I've just bought the Dollop book, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I'm disappointed. Each story is just 4-5 pages and is reduced to just a factual recounting of the facts with the occasional isn't this poo poo so zany aside.

I can see why it would appeal to people who didn't know of the podcast but if you're a listener you can easily skip it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I expected that but bought it just because Fosdike owns and it's a way for me to channel money back into one of my favorite entertainment sources of the past couple of years. Still, agree 100% with what you're saying about the actual content.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gibfender posted:

I've just bought the Dollop book, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I'm disappointed. Each story is just 4-5 pages and is reduced to just a factual recounting of the facts with the occasional isn't this poo poo so zany aside.

I can see why it would appeal to people who didn't know of the podcast but if you're a listener you can easily skip it.

I've seen this be the case with some other podcasts-into-books. Greg Proops' Smartest Book in the World was terrible for that. I'm good with having bought a poster and paying into Patreon.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Serf posted:

Gareth's issue imo is that he drags out the bits for too long and also steps all over bits attempted by the guests if they're not assertive enough.

He throws a lot of spaghetti at the wall but the jokes that do land tend to be hilarious imo. He's miles better than Dave at least.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is too many live episodes in a row

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I dig it. That Wisconsin episode was incredible.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is too many live episodes in a row

......I mean, they are kindof on tour.....

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

......I mean, they are kindof on tour.....

if guy goodbody can't voice his incredibly inane complaints in every thread on the forum he isn't allowed to watch as much anime in a day.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dave's on a panel on Lovett or Leave It this week. Gareth was on last week. Gareth's was really funny, I haven't listened to Dave's, yet. LoLI is a panel show where they typically just make political jokes the whole episode, expect Dave to go fuckin' nuts if he's let off the leash.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

rotinaj posted:

Dave's on a panel on Lovett or Leave It this week. Gareth was on last week. Gareth's was really funny, I haven't listened to Dave's, yet. LoLI is a panel show where they typically just make political jokes the whole episode, expect Dave to go fuckin' nuts if he's let off the leash.

Gareth's appearance was funny, but Dave's was goddamn hilarious. Definitely a pro-listen this week.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Gareth's appearance was funny, but Dave's was goddamn hilarious. Definitely a pro-listen this week.

Seconding this. Lovett or Leave It is basically the show where Dave gets to take all the energy he usually uses to Tweet and instead yell at a live studio audience and it's fantastic.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
I'm kinda surprised Dave went on Lovetts podcast since he recently told Jon Favreau to go gently caress himself for supporting Clinton on Twitter.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
There needs to be a Dollop on Dave.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Copper Vein posted:

There needs to be a Dollop on Dave.

He did that episode of the Mental Illness Happy Hour.

It was insightful and sad. Poor kid Dave, sitting in a truck for hours and hours and hours, thinking about baseball, while his dad got drunk.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

adebisi lives posted:

I'm kinda surprised Dave went on Lovetts podcast since he recently told Jon Favreau to go gently caress himself for supporting Clinton on Twitter.

On at least one of these, Dave apologized later. Jon kinda ruefully referred to himself as a Dollop fan.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Favreau praised Dave's episode in the Pod Save America show they recorded today; I don't think there's any real beef there.

Lovett himself has become increasingly critical of the Democratic party and institutionalized politics in general since the election, and likely shares more than a little overlap with Dave. As the host of Lovett or Leave It, he plays the snarky peacemaker most of the time, but when he's on the more moderate Pod Save America, he'll let himself get well and truly furious.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Gibfender posted:

It would probably have been a better read if they had just plagiarized from drat Interesting again

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
AW DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMN

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I knew Uber was bad, but they are pure loving evil

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Libertarian techbros are poo poo eaters.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh god I hate this episode

Everyone sucks

JAMPAD?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This episode is unreal. So good.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

There is no way there wasn't a poo poo ton of coke being done at the jampad.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

Yup. The Uber episode has already been pulled from iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/thedollop/posts/1423092457782603

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what the gently caress

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
It's still up here (for now) http://thedollop.libsyn.com/271-uber?tdest_id=239482

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It was on iTunes for me yesterday; a program I opened for the first time in a year or so, specifically to check this.

Really seems like a minor, temporary technical glitch that someone (Dave Anthony) decided was a massive conspiracy. Uber is not exactly in Apple's good graces at the moment, I do not know why they would go out of their way to protect them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JethroMcB posted:

It was on iTunes for me yesterday; a program I opened for the first time in a year or so, specifically to check this.

Really seems like a minor, temporary technical glitch that someone (Dave Anthony) decided was a massive conspiracy. Uber is not exactly in Apple's good graces at the moment, I do not know why they would go out of their way to protect them.

I would not be surprised if Uber had issued some kind of legal threat, because that's the kind of classy folks they are.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

prefect posted:

I would not be surprised if Uber had issued some kind of legal threat, because that's the kind of classy folks they are.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Apple had taken it down briefly while they figured out if Uber had a leg to stand on. Anyway, it's back up on my podcast feed now. Just downloaded it to be certain.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

For a while no episodes released after Wednesday last week for any of the podcasts I listen to were showing up in iTunes but sure, Dave, it's all about you.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They open hire private investigators to stalk and threaten reporters.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The Dollop gets results:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/technology/uber-employees.html?smid=tw-share

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Dollop's facebook is asking for favorite quotes for a new intro.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

New intro should be all Irish accent quotes.

"Ain't I got a thirst!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like Rory​ Scovalds "ah ahs" from the 1904 Olympic Games episode

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
There was a noise baffled Garry made in 10 cent beer night that sticks out in my mind.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

One of my favorite quotes from the whole podcast is from the Mayor Frank Rizzo episode, but it's just a literal quote from Mayor Frank Rizzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

The Dollop's facebook is asking for favorite quotes for a new intro.
BOY SHE POPS