Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Thank you for making the thread look sad and happy at the same time iospace

No problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

iospace posted:

Alright, everyone who asked for a tag got it. Anyone else?

Wouldn't mind one. Don't care if centred or not, surprise me.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Gang check

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Yeah, it was too tall :smith:

It's okay, I was right up against the limits when I got this avatar. I was asking in case the rules had changed since then. :unsmith:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Thanks iospace!

Now I have the cycle of Alonso from first starting at Mclaren to now!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Man I would love Kubica to replace Palmer. The one armed man beating the one kidneyed dude to a factory seat would be amazing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

Man I would love Kubica to replace Palmer. The one armed man beating the one kidneyed dude to a factory seat would be amazing.

I had to google it but wow. Quad bike accident at 16. Lost a kidney, liver damage and was basically on his death bed.

Jolyon's gonna retire and start lugging around a dialysis machine around tracks when he gets older.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The reason why Jolyon's such a sourpuss all the time is not because of Renault, it cuz of his missing kidney.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ooh ooh, do I have a tag?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
YES I DO

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is there anyone autistic enough in this thread to go through literally every single F1 driver ever and figure out if Jolyon is the first one-kidney-having-fucklord-driver ever?

This is very important

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wirth1000 posted:

List of living F1 WDCs which no one ever thinks about or has spotted at a grand prix in a long rear end time:

Emerson Fittipaldi
Jody Scheckter
Alan Jones
Michael Schumacher

I always forget Lauda is a 3x WDC cause all I see is that crazy old man in the Mercedes pits.

AJ keeps making GBS threads up Australian F1 telecasts, usually starting every sentence with "Back when I was the Formula One champion"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The only reason he's rolling out is cus the fat old gently caress owes people money.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Is there anyone autistic enough in this thread to go through literally every single F1 driver ever and figure out if Jolyon is the first one-kidney-having-fucklord-driver ever?

This is very important

Depends on when you consider a driver's career to be over. By some definitions, Jim Clark and Taffy Von Tripps might qualify.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Let's go with "alive at all points of their F1 career" being the baseline criteria here.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
AJs is a funny one. He was always a tubby gently caress, there was criticism later in his career when it was pretty clear his performance was suffering because he wasn't fit enough.

But he was on the heels of the Hunt era, where exercise came from driving and shagging.

There is no denying when you go back and watch races anywhere around 1980 that Mr Jones is a force to be reckoned with.

There is a loving great video of him fighting with .. I think Prost.. and he pulls this amazing move with a backmarker.. I'll find it and challenge you not burst with Aussie pride when you see it

(not the Cronulla sort of Aussie pride for fucks sake)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuTBLrJFHeY

yeah so that's AJ sticking it up Prost's rear end and winning the race. The great Alain Prost. So when you're sitting at a table with a row of commentators, or maybe Mark loving Webber, I sort of understand AJ's frustration. You're all actually shitcunts, I'm the only one here that didn't suck. Please don't forget this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Let's go with "alive at all points of their F1 career" being the baseline criteria here.

Doesn't rule out my suggestions. :kheldragar:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

What was it like taking part in that?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nah Melbourne, not Sydney. Those guys are weird.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

iospace posted:

Alright, everyone who asked for a tag got it. Anyone else?

Sorry I'm late :smith:
Could I possibly get one centred too?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

poo poo, is a (most of the time) lurker too late to get it... uh... centered beneath my other tag?

Mostly related content: Anyone here ever go to the Canadian GP? Since I started watching a few years ago I've been banging around the idea of going to a race, the closest are Austin and Montreal, but I have no experience at either track.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Minto Took posted:

Gang check

what WHAT!! Squad in the houuuuse

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Bobby K is back!

Wirth1000 posted:

Jolyon Palmer, worse than someone with 1 1/2 arms.

This is very true. Did we ever figure out what happened to it?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Reutmann's performance at the '81 Vegas GP is among the more uninspiring ones I've seen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

AJs is a funny one. He was always a tubby gently caress, there was criticism later in his career when it was pretty clear his performance was suffering because he wasn't fit enough.

But he was on the heels of the Hunt era, where exercise came from driving and shagging.

There is no denying when you go back and watch races anywhere around 1980 that Mr Jones is a force to be reckoned with.

There is a loving great video of him fighting with .. I think Prost.. and he pulls this amazing move with a backmarker.. I'll find it and challenge you not burst with Aussie pride when you see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuTBLrJFHeY

yeah so that's AJ sticking it up Prost's rear end and winning the race. The great Alain Prost. So when you're sitting at a table with a row of commentators, or maybe Mark loving Webber, I sort of understand AJ's frustration. You're all actually shitcunts, I'm the only one here that didn't suck. Please don't forget this.

The '81 Renault was not very efficient chassis wise. That video is mislabed by the way.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Reutmann's performance at the '81 Vegas GP is among the more uninspiring ones I've seen.

That's up there with Abu Dahbi 2010 when it comes to curiously anticlimactic season finales

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I enjoy seeing the tag because it reminds me of the youtube broadcasts of Indy practice where it would be 4 hours straight of [Spanish?] people calling out every single object shown on camera and prefixing it with "GP2"

GP2 CATCH FENCE
GP2 YELLOW FLAG
GP2 TEAM OWNER
GP2 TIRE WARMER
GP2 PIGEON

It never got old.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Human Grand Prix posted:

The '81 Renault was not very efficient chassis wise. That video is mislabed by the way.

Yep, that was 81. Wasn't that the year that Prost had a turbo and Alan didn't through? The years of 'you can have either a 3 litre V8 or a 1.5 litre turbocharged, they're the same' except they totally weren't the same.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Kubica!!!!!!!!!!! He's totally coming back right!? Don't get my hopes up Renault!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He is absolutely not coming back and this is coming from Kubica's #1 Non-Polish Fan who sported a Kubica av for a bit.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Imagine if instead of his arm the guardrail in fact ripped off his dick?

We'd still have him in F1 and we could have the first dickless F1 WDC.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Wirth1000 posted:

He is absolutely not coming back and this is coming from Kubica's #1 Non-Polish Fan who sported a Kubica av for a bit.

Man, give me like 5 minutes of hope!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Man, give me like 5 minutes of hope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA13icbjAvw

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't see Kubica getting a seat so long as Big Two Armed Pastor is still out there on the market

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Tis oddly soothing.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The kart's front end handling is :discourse: thanks to the alignment

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Now get some tires and win.

How far were you off?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

AJ keeps making GBS threads up Australian F1 telecasts, usually starting every sentence with "Back when I was the Formula One champion"

God I hated when Nine had the coverage and it was him and "Big" Daryl Eastlake doing the extra commentating on a race that was always delayed an hour or more....

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

OhsH posted:

Now get some tires and win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
I'd like a GP2 tag. GP2. RAAAGH.

• Locked thread