Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just noticed this re: the upcoming Lucky Draw

quote:

The Relics included are for FF V, FF VIII, FF XIV, or FF Tactics Ultra, Overstrike, Burst, or Super Soul Breaks released before 5:00 PM 5/9 PST (1:00 AM 5/10 UTC).

That means nothing from the most recent FFT/FF8/etc. events, yeah? Thats kind of disappointing but expected, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Edit: nvm

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
That's really disappointing actually, a lot of the top prizes were from recent banners. Huh.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I wonder if someone mistyped the month or something because usually its set to the day of release of the banner, and the Global team is known for random minor fuckups like this

Either way I really need the V/VIII synergy so disappointment inbound

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
A good medica is the only real necessity for the CMs. If you have one you can RW a good DPS burst. If you don't have one you need to RW one and have native BSBs or hastega.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Just noticed this re: the upcoming Lucky Draw

That means nothing from the most recent FFT/FF8/etc. events, yeah? Thats kind of disappointing but expected, I suppose.

Sounds like they just copy-pasted the text from last DU and didn't change it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Someone grill DeNa over this so we get an apology mythril or two.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hm, whether or not the latest stuff is in the pull is probably going to be a determining factor to me since I'm trying to save up for several of the fest banners. Hopefully by the time it drops theres some clarification.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
It'll be very clear once the relic list is viewed.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sigh, had a perfect Apoc run going right up until the final counter flare, evidently some mitigation fell off (this game *really* loving needs some kind of timers for that) and it instagibbed 5 level 99 characters from 100% health.

What a lame-rear end way to lose mastery.

It would be doable if they'd allow status icons on a 720p screen instead of letterboxing the screen.

But then iphones would have issues

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It would be doable if they'd allow status icons on a 720p screen instead of letterboxing the screen.

But then iphones would have issues

I've seen some fan mock-ups of good ways to display the various statuses. Seems doable on even the existing screen, but considering how poorly optimized the game is for Android now, I doubt it'd work well in real time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ETB posted:

It'll be very clear once the relic list is viewed.

I'm pulling either way; some V and Tactics synergy would be really appreciated (especially one of the V buffing relics), and I'd like even some of the older VIII bursts like Quistis and Edea's. Hoping to avoid the XIV pile though unless it's Papalymo BSB, since I'm already loaded with healer BSBs and don't even really need Y'shtola's outside of CMs. But I can see people who pulled heavily for Tactics/XIV in the past to be leery of this one; V in particular has a kinda crappy pool.

Man, the FFI U++ Cid's Mission is going to be terrible isn't it? I have one piece of synergy gear.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm naturally pulling on the DU Lucky but my fear is getting flooded with more Tictacs relics when the next 3 DUs after all have it in the pool too.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i have Warrior of Light's and Master's BSB and Garlands drain strike, Echo's MAG/RES breakdown, and Matoya's ATK/MAG boost SSBs somehow

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i assume i'm going to get a miraculous 11/11 pull from any lucky draw i attempt and they'll all be tactics relics at this point

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

I've seen some fan mock-ups of good ways to display the various statuses. Seems doable on even the existing screen, but considering how poorly optimized the game is for Android now, I doubt it'd work well in real time.

Link to any of them? I'd like to see what it looks like.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm pulling for Minfilia's and Papalymo's BSBs. Someday...

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Who's a good replacement for tyro that has drawable relics right now? I don't have any relics for tyro and I'm not particularly interested in using him anyway, but his versatility seems unmatched right now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

g0lbez posted:

Who's a good replacement for tyro that has drawable relics right now? I don't have any relics for tyro and I'm not particularly interested in using him anyway, but his versatility seems unmatched right now.

That depends, who else do you use right now? Whatever role you're missing matters.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Ramza certainly has a larger and weapon skillset than most characters with similar buff capabilities to boot.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

RagnarokAngel posted:

That depends, who else do you use right now? Whatever role you're missing matters.

Yeah I left out a lot of pertinent info asking for advice my bad. Here's my main group (I'm still too new to have resources to level up anyone else)

Rydia with eidolon emissary (osb)
Yuna with miracle veil (Medica)
Dark Cecil with dark flame (just murders)
Ramza with history's truth (delays action for everyone and ups atk and mag)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
If you're willing to wait a few weeks to draw, we should be getting Extreme Fest soon for super awesome fun drawing time.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Or if you love Mog like I do, spend it all on his BSB... !

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

HPanda posted:

If you're willing to wait a few weeks to draw, we should be getting Extreme Fest soon for super awesome fun drawing time.

What is extreme fest? I can't find any info on it anywhere

edit: also can someone explain why the best final fantasy game released in years is a f2p mobile game

g0lbez fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 6, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

g0lbez posted:

Yeah I left out a lot of pertinent info asking for advice my bad. Here's my main group (I'm still too new to have resources to level up anyone else)

Rydia with eidolon emissary (osb)
Yuna with miracle veil (Medica)
Dark Cecil with dark flame (just murders)
Ramza with history's truth (delays action for everyone and ups atk and mag)

Honestly, your last slot is pretty interchangable, and Rydia is too - mixed teams are certainly possible, but they're harder to pull off in later game than full-physical or full-magic due to the number of buffs you want going.

At this point, you're looking for effects on SBs more than skill versatility - anyone who gets a party-wide haste on their SBs will be a shoe-in if you get it, and some secondary stat debuffs would be nice.

g0lbez posted:

What is extreme fest? I can't find any info on it anywhere

Every three months or so we get a festival with a bunch of limited time, relic-stacked banners. Usually has the best of the best, and various other mini-events (like an orb-grinding stage, usually) alongside it. Next one should be hitting near the end of June.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The next festival that happens every three months. Typically has a new banner every couple of days with a combination of good new relics and a "best of" collection to fill out other slots. Even the consolation prizes tend to be good.

This usually is accompanied by an orb fest and some other fun stuff. Oh, and if it follows Japan's setup, there should also be three themed lucky draws (half price draws, one for Curaga-level medicas, one for Imperils, and one for BSB's).

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

KataraniSword posted:

At this point, you're looking for effects on SBs more than skill versatility - anyone who gets a party-wide haste on their SBs will be a shoe-in if you get it, and some secondary stat debuffs would be nice.

Doesn't ramza have some sort of haste SB? I should pull for that shouldn't I? But also extreme fest is apparently super amazing and I should probably hoard some mythril for it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ramza's Shout was top king for a real long time and is still highly rated now. Hastega + 50% ATK is really good.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

What is the deal with Tactics showing up on so many lucky banners, anyway?

My last two lucky pulls (not counting this current wave of nightmare ones) have been good, but they were also 100% Tactics relics and I really, really do not need any more. I have like twice as many relics for it as any other realm even though I've never specifically pulled on a Tactics banner, and there's honestly not even anything else that I want from it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Tactics didn't have it's own realm of dungeons until recently and with other games running dry on content to stall around with Tactics has plenty to do.

It's kind of silly that the result is we get 4 DUs in a row with Tactics showing up but alas.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ramza's Shout was top king for a real long time and is still highly rated now. Hastega + 50% ATK is really good.

Does shout stack with history's truth at all?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

What is the deal with Tactics showing up on so many lucky banners, anyway?

My last two lucky pulls (not counting this current wave of special ones) have been good, but they were also 100% Tactics relics and I really, really do not need any more. I have like twice as many relics for it as any other realm even though I've never specifically pulled on a Tactics banner, and there's honestly not even anything else that I want from it.

Tactics is just a relatively new realm, so it has a lot of backlog in Realm Dungeons to add while every other realm is at or approaching final dungeons. If it wasn't for the Lucky Draws, it makes perfect sense Tactics to keep showing up.

We are getting into Crisis Core, X-2 and XIII-2 dungeons in Japan though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tactics didn't have it's own realm of dungeons until recently and with other games running dry on content to stall around with Tactics has plenty to do.

It's kind of silly that the result is we get 4 DUs in a row with Tactics showing up but alas.

The flipside is that I/II/VI is pretty much almost completely squeezed dry at this point.

You might be able to argue the Soul of Rebirth dungeons for II and maybe some Crisis Core/DoC stuff for VII, but otherwise there's not much room for them to add future DU stuff.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

g0lbez posted:

Does shout stack with history's truth at all?

It does. The basic rule of thumb to know about buffs and debuffs is to look at the stats they affect. Shout buffs only ATK while History's Truth buffs ATK/MAG/DEF, so since they buff different unique combinations of stats they'll stack. Conversely, Shout and Lenna's Flames of War (30% ATK) would overwrite each other.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So what happens when they get to endgame content for all the major realms?

What I'm saying is that I want Mystic Quest, Secret of Mana, and other Square titles in the game :allears:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It does. The basic rule of thumb to know about buffs and debuffs is to look at the stats they affect. Shout buffs only ATK while History's Truth buffs ATK/MAG/DEF, so since they buff different unique combinations of stats they'll stack. Conversely, Shout and Lenna's Flames of War (30% ATK) would overwrite each other.

So what you're saying is that if I get shout and combine that with mog's teachings and history's truth then I win?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

1st AD posted:

What I'm saying is that I want Mystic Quest, Secret of Mana, and other Square titles in the game :allears:

I hope Square isn't stingy and let's Dena go full ham. I'm talking Chrono Trigger, the Bouncer, Tobal no.1, Einhander

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Your ATK will be horrendously high yes.

Worth noting is there are a handful of exceptions to the buff stacking rule. Rikku's Hyper Null-All is an ATK/RES buff that is randomly coded as separate buffs unlike everything else and so will not stack with Shout or RES buffs and stuff. There's also a couple of things like Lulu's Focus (MAG/RES) which are completely unique buff IDs and thus will even stack with other MAG/RES buffs.

The general rule of thumb works for most cases though and if you ever aren't sure one of us hyper nerds in the thread will know.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

1st AD posted:

There WAS a Secret of Mana event. In the Japanese version. Got skipped in Global.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Well they've done events for IV: The After Years, Crisis Core, X-2, and XIII-2 so they could theoretically start doing realm dungeons for those games. There's also Tactics Advance they could dip into. They also still haven't added XV content either outside of events.

• Locked thread