Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i made it through dressrosa, i'll obviously make it through this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I believe in Helck saving everyone.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rafaed is interesting mainly in that we don't know what his deal is. The King was in the same position until his weirdly rushed outing. It'd have been way better if that hadn't turned into a fight.

Kurui Reiten posted:

I believe in Helck saving everyone.

he sure saved those ancients

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Rafaed is interesting mainly in that we don't know what his deal is. The King was in the same position until his weirdly rushed outing. It'd have been way better if that hadn't turned into a fight.

The king wasn't really a character before the reveal though, just a design. Rafead kinda comes off as legitimately liking Helck and caring about Charami but he's still an rear end in a top hat who's going along with Mikaros' stupid plan, and that's an interesting thing. Like Rafead doesn't come off as completely insane or anything so if he's going along with this plan maybe there's something more to it or to his motivation.

The King on the other hand was just a complete mystery, who we knew absolutely nothing about. And even if he didn't suddenly mutate into the final boss and they just talked it out he still wouldn't have been a very interesting or good character, since he'd only existed for a couple of chapters of exposition beforehand.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rafaed's deal appears to be that he doesn't see any other option as remotely feasible. He's a fatalist rather than being evil.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Rafaed is the most interesting of the villains, that's why he had to have him quietly exit stage left while bringing Mikaros back for the even finaler boss.

Though I guess he'll probably do something now that Mikaros is keeping his daughter under permanent mind control, probably incidentally bringing his secret counter sacrifice ritual sword.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this has been dragging on a bit too long, but i can see why the arc didn't end with the king. see, at the end the king was just a big dumb monster and vamirio and helck are very good at fighting big dumb monsters. the king even ruined his own mind to make himself into a perfect target. it was too easy. the new world is too big a threat for it to be so handily defused by helck getting mad and hitting stuff.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Except for the part where it's already been established there's agents of the new world all over the place and Mikaros was just a single one of them.

If anything Helck already metaphorically punched the new world thing out by just not caring enough to be affected by its mind-washing.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New non-omake chapter - http://bato.to/reader#5ecbba91cef7ef4b

And new omake chapter - http://bato.to/reader#c663ae214c56d972

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I still believe in Azudora's plan to save the humans which should hopefully reverse all this because seriously that still hasn't begun and it's gotta do something.

I'm still sad though. :(

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRK_OMQGQlc

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been playing Persona 5 recently so I just listened to Will Power while reading this chapter and it fit perfectly

You kids these days! Everyone knows you're supposed to listen to Final Fantasy boss music while reading Helck.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This arc made me like this story a lot more actually. I already knew it did comedy and place settings pretty well. The World's Will is a pretty nebulous villain but they've handled it pretty well. I don't think this has dragged on too long and it's about finished with this particular part of the story.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://bato.to/reader#019698037979d014

In which Helck gets shank(s)ed.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Hey what the gently caress I thought claymore ended?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
In today's episode: Ow.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

HELCK!

helck...

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Shugojin posted:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
This turned out to be one hell of a comedy manga :stonk:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Shugojin posted:

A good post.

For a rough chapter. :gonk:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Shugojin posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man I can't wait for them to wrap up this dark subplot so we can get back to some fun times again. Like Helck beating Beyblade protagonists by using acorns.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

RareAcumen posted:

Man I can't wait for them to wrap up this dark subplot so we can get back to some fun times again. Like Helck beating Beyblade protagonists by using acorns.

I think you need two hands to beyblade............

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I think you need two hands to beyblade............

Yeah, for people who can't use the [SPIN] maybe. Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VRKFIRAXc&t=119s

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Agronox posted:

This turned out to be one hell of a comedy manga :stonk:

Just 2 chapters ago Helck was just super invincible.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For all we know he's just going to grow another one. Doesn't he have regeneration or something?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Lobe posted:

For all we know he's just going to grow another one. Doesn't he have regeneration or something?

You're confusing this with Noblesse I think

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've been re-reading this and man.

I really miss Hyura and all those other Demon King contestants.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
TODAY, ON HELCKCLESS

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-096-002--Despair--002-?id=371466

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

what are you talking about we're not helckless he's right there

oh right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh snap.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Helck complainers be gone. Anne-sama wants you to get a grip on yourselves

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guys, I'm even more worried about the safety of Helck's friends now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Cless Helck - https://bato.to/reader#e4bce88d85350bd1

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So many bad things are happening that I can only imagine Azudora's plan is going to just completely reverse this. For real though this has been too many consecutive chapters of 'Everything goes wrong and Mikaros is there to gloat'.

Speaking of, Azudora better just do his plan now geez.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
we have like five more reversals to go, the demon emperor and his elite guard aren't even on the scene

that's a chekov's gun that's been hanging since the first couple of chapters

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre off fighting the north AAA threats.

Turns out this kind of thing happens daily on the north border. Better get ysed to this helck.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Uhh I hope Anne is also a level 60 demon therapist because that dude casually growing his arm back after his lover and bro got merc'd is going to need some counseling.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Cless isn't dead he's been transported magically to a distant island.

He'll come back in a couple arcs with his new friend Biuy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Considering the title for the latest chapter of Helck, I recommend playing this identically-named track on loop alongside it while you read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aUSc5Oqblg&hd=1

• Locked thread