Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
The heroes we need
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/06/millwall-fan-roy-larner-london-bridge-attackers

quote:

A football fan has spoken of how he was stabbed eight times by the London Bridge attackers as he attempted to single-handedly fight off all three of them unarmed.

Roy Larner, 47, told reporters he shouted “gently caress you, I’m Millwall” – in an allusion to the club’s association with football violence – as he charged into the attackers in the Black & Blue restaurant and bar in Borough Market.

The Peckham resident told the Sun he was knifed in the head, chest and both hands by the terrorists, now known to be Khuram Butt, Rachid Redouane and Youssef Zaghba.

Larner was taken to St Thomas’ Hospital for surgery, where he was later pictured recovering with a Learn to Run book placed on his chest. He was taken off the critical condition list on Sunday.

Recalling the events of Saturday night, he said “They had these long knives and started shouting about Allah. Then it was, ‘Islam, Islam, Islam’.

“Like an idiot I shouted back at them. I thought, ‘I need to take the piss out of these bastards’. I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘gently caress you, I’m Millwall’. So they started attacking me.”

“I didn’t think of my safety at the time. I’d had four or five pints – nothing major,” he said. “I can handle myself. But I was out with an old person and it was out of order.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jesus

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Jesus christ the brass balls on that guy.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Stultus Maximus posted:

quote:

“I didn’t think of my safety at the time. I’d had four or five pints – nothing major,” he said. “I can handle myself. But I was out with an old person and it was out of order

:britain:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Someone get that guy and the Canadian parliament's sergeant at arm together to start an A-Team already.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'd name my next child after that hooligan holy poo poo.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Linking from the Middle East thread:

Sinteres posted:

Holy poo poo, read this list of demands being made of Qatar, it's insane. Two of the demands are to cease broadcasting Al Jazeera and to apologize to Gulf countries for abuses by Al Jazeera.

https://twitter.com/faisaledroos/status/872251817110806528

Maybe it's just because I'm on the last chapter of The Sleepwalkers, but bullet point ultimatums with deadlines measured in hours are starting to get uncomfortably close to Bad poo poo Going Down.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

Her Democratic opponent in the August primary, Joe Garcia, “also made a large misstep during the campaign saying ‘communism works,’ which did not sit well in an area with a large Cuban refugee population,” the document says. “More embarrassingly, Garcia was caught on a C-Span feed picking his earwax and seemingly eating it, and the video made the rounds on the internet.”

Mr. Garcia was the first to use the material as a tool to attack his opponent, showing up at a televised debate with a printout of the documents and accusing Ms. Taddeo of hiring a private detective to follow him, an allegation she disputed. It was the first of many attacks based on the leaked material.

After Mr. Garcia defeated Ms. Taddeo in the primary using the material unearthed in the hacking, the National Republican Campaign Committee and a second Republican group with ties to the House speaker, Paul Ryan, turned to the hacked material to attack him.

In Florida, Guccifer 2.0’s most important partner was an obscure political website run by an anonymous blogger called HelloFLA!, run by a former Florida legislative aide turned Republican lobbyist. The blogger sent direct messages via Twitter to Guccifer 2.0 asking for copies of any additional Florida documents.

“I can send you some docs via email,” Guccifer 2.0 replied on Aug. 22, according to a cellphone screen shot of the message that the blogger, who writes under the pen name Mark Miewurd, provided to The New York Times. “Great! Editor@hellofla.com. I’m just getting my kid from school but I’ll be able to get it up pretty quick after I get it. Thanks!”

“Do u have a size limit?” Guccifer 2.0 replied, a question that led the Florida blogger to set up an anonymous Dropbox account so he could take thousands of pages of stolen information from the Russian operative, data that the blogger immediately recognized would have an extremely high strategic value for the Republicans.

“I don’t think you realize what you gave me,” the blogger said, looking at the costly internal D.C.C.C. political research that he had just been provided. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

quote:

By September, Guccifer 2.0 had expanded his releases to include documents related to House races in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois and North Carolina, working with individual political bloggers like Miscellany Blue in New Hampshire.

“Exclusive: Leaked D.C.C.C. documents reveal effort to replace Shea-Porter with ‘fresh face for 2016,’” said one of the first dispatches posted in New Hampshire, on Miscellany Blue, referring to Carol Shea-Porter, the Democratic candidate for the House, who ended up narrowly winning the seat, despite the intense criticism directed at her by Democratic leaders that was revealed by the leaks.

quote:

In Pennsylvania, the leaked documents showed that Democratic Party officials did not like their own candidate for one House seat — a local businessman named Mike Parrish — and worked aggressively to recruit an alternative. Mr. Parrish, the internal party documents noted, owned a company in Pennsylvania that had been sued eight times, had been delinquent on his taxes and had been named in a 2013 lawsuit “alleging racketeering and corruption,” the D.C.C.C. internal report said.

Concerned, the party tried to recruit a local businesswoman, Marian Moskowitz, to challenge Mr. Parrish. But Ms. Moskowitz ultimately declined to run for the seat, so the party was left with Mr. Parrish, whose standing was further hurt when the details about the Democrats’ misgivings about him drew coverage from bloggers and newspapers.

Mr. Parrish lost his bid for the seat.

quote:

After the first political advertisement appeared using the hacked material, Mr. Luján wrote a letter to his Republican counterpart at the National Republican Congressional Committee urging him to not use this stolen material in the 2016 campaign.

Ms. Pelosi sent a similar letter in early September to Mr. Ryan. Neither received a response. By October, the Congressional Leadership Fund, a “super PAC” tied to Mr. Ryan, had used the stolen material in another advertisement, attacking Mr. Garcia during the general election in Florida.

AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for Mr. Ryan, said he did not control how the material was used in the ad, although she did not dispute that the material had been stolen as part of an act of Russian espionage. “Speaker Ryan has said for months that foreign intervention in our elections is unacceptable,” she said in a written statement.

Listen to eggheads be eggheads in this thread below

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm on the last chapter of The Sleepwalkers, but bullet point ultimatums with deadlines measured in hours are starting to get uncomfortably close to Bad poo poo Going Down.

Ask Serbia how it went.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
popcorn.gif

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Oh for gently caress's sake, World War Twitter is about to start.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

11. We demand a shrubbery!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

One silver lining is that so far Iran hasn't stepped up to the plate to saber-rattle on plucky little Qatar's behalf YET:unsmigghh:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ask Serbia how it went.

KSA's certainly been trying on Austria Hungary's shoes if Yemen is anything to go by.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
What's the matter with Kansas?

Governor Sam Brownback's tax cuts, according to the Republican House/Senate. They just overrode his veto.

https://twitter.com/HunterMw/status/872283627551412224

https://twitter.com/BryanLowry3/status/872284076568432640

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article154684809.html

Didn't see that one coming.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 7, 2017

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/872282258064818177

goddamnit how do I embed tweets

....feel so old

edit: okay so it doesn't show as embeded in the post preview but works when you actually hit post

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Jarmak posted:

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/872282258064818177

goddamnit how do I embed tweets

....feel so old

I don't know how to do this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

copy the url of the tweet and paste it

it wont show up in preview

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Just screenshot in the event it gets erased.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

I can think of few better ways to go.

Bellyful of whiskey and a gun in my hand, but, yeah, fighting a Nazi barehanded is a good way to punch out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
AP reporting that Comey asked Sessions to Keep him from being alone with Trump

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-comey-sessions-20170606-story.html

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MA-Horus posted:

I'm disappointed with the way Justin has been handling his time in office

But goddamn I'm loving the shade he's throwing at Trump.

neoliberalism is the movement that says 'things are fine, nothing needs to be fixed or changed' so im sort of surprised why people are so infatuated with them

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Donald Trump's Russia links will dwarf the Watergate scandal, says James Clapper

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-07/donald-trump-russia-links-will-dwarf-watergate-scandal/8597874

I always laugh at that section section of the ABC site: 'Trump's America'

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Spacman posted:

Donald Trump's Russia links will dwarf the Watergate scandal, says James Clapper

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-07/donald-trump-russia-links-will-dwarf-watergate-scandal/8597874

I always laugh at that section section of the ABC site: 'Trump's America'

clap pls

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Iran's parliament was attacked by gunmen, something else got suicide bombed.

:piss:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apparently there is a gunman/hostage situation at the Iranian parliament.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

If a member of parliament gets killed then this is pretty much going to mean war. Time to invest in oil

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spacman posted:

god drat clapper

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

If this doesn't spark a goddamn war I don't know what will.

Jesus Christ.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If this doesn't spark a goddamn war I don't know what will.

Jesus Christ.

Actually, wait.. no, no it won't.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

This guy is my friend and he is going to post here on Thursday.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

make him ik

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Something Awful is once again connected to international events :tinfoil:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 7, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

u wot m8

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

His username had better be gently caress you, I'm Millwall!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

:eyepop:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump is so bad even the DPRK is getting in on the madness.

chickennoodlenetwork.com posted:

US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement has been criticized by major global powers from Europe to South America.
Now North Korea is getting in on the act.
In a statement Tuesday, Pyongyang said Washington's move represented "the height of egoism and moral vacuum seeking only their own well-being, even at the cost of the entire planet."
"The selfish act of the US does not only have grave consequences for the international efforts to protect the environment, but poses great danger to other areas as well," a spokesman for the North Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs said, according to state news agency KCNA.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ded posted:

Trump is so bad even the DPRK is getting in on the madness.

I want to get off MR BONES WILD RIDE.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Tehran Parliamentary attack.

Irans response should be.. fascinating.

Deathy? You studied the moon people.

Do tell us more.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

The most they can do is step-up troop numbers and supplies in Syria, I wouldn't trust trump's mental state to even attempt to be aggressive towards the Gulf, he might just invade you on a whim or at least declare war on twitter

edit:

https://twitter.com/ShamiRebel/status/872357809320603648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
Did anything come out of the idea of checking to see if Qatar rejected a Trump real estate deal proposal recently or something?

• Locked thread