Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I just spammed archers/fliers like a punk and ended up taking them out as they spawned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I just spammed archers/fliers like a punk and ended up taking them out as they spawned.

Archers

That would be a nice thing to have

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I had Bow Knight Serena, and the Divine Ruler Mozu (A stat blessed Mozu who I grew so fond of, I put Point Blank on her.) to help me through the Pegasus Swarm.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tae posted:

Archers

That would be a nice thing to have

you're just too strong for archers

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Frankly, the "Nohrian Royals obey Garon because they believe it's physically impossible to beat him" thing is already my headcanon. We saw in Birthright that he is, in fact, obscenely strong - if Xander, for example, had ever seen him at even a fraction of that strength, it's not unreasonable that he'd doubt anyone's ability to kill him. And if Xander says someone can't be killed, the other Nohrian siblings are likely to follow suit.

Eh, Ryoma and that mysterious chuckling hooded swordmaster could take him.

Oh hey, there was an update! And typos!

Tae posted:

Yes. I will not let Castle Shirasagi fall, even to my own brother/sister. Don't let even a single person breach the throne room! If I can't at least stop that, I'm a sorry excuse for a princess.

Meanwhile, I take care of some sudden aggro Onie Chieftains.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 6, 2017

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tae posted:

He does want to rebel against Garon

in his A support

THe problem with Xander is that he's basically two different characters. In-story we get a weak willed man who can't get over his attachment to his childhood attachment enough to see his father is a walking villain cliche and stand up. The kind of moral coward who would die rather than face a real dilemma and act on his conscience. In supports, we have a good and honorable guy you'd be glad to have as a brother.

AriadneThread posted:

azura keeps giving me secret villian vibes

That would be interesting and logical, so we can't be having that in this plot.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is some reason for why Xander is so unwilling to break away from his father. I forget which support that mentions it but that the only reason why the infighting between Garon's mistresses ended was because the surviving children (the Nohr siblings) rallied around Xander. So in order to keep those who he cares most about safe he has to keep his position as strong as possible, for if that ever stops being the case then once again all the siblings are back on the chopping block.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That bit of lore could've been mentioned in the multiple filler chapters

Like maybe after killing the Kitsune randomly

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have no pity for cheaters that use boss tiles while flying.

Lay down your weapon, Hinoka. It's over.
Hmph! If you're going to kill me, just get it over with. I won't beg for mercy. All I ask is that you spare the lives of my remaining soldiers.
No, milady! You don't know what you're saying. You are a princess of Hoshido. You must not fall!
You can't do that, Lady Hinoka... If you die, I'll die with you.
Azama, Setsuna... I need you to stay strong for me.
I'm...I'm afraid I have no choice.

But...how...who...Sakura...??

I'm sorry , but...I must do what I must do.
I understand. Please, make it quick.
Of course. *sigh*

This is random to suddenly kill.

Also Setsuna still has her bow, come on.

Ugh!

*A moment pass*

...Huh?

It's amazing you saw that,

But why?
Yes, tell us. Why did you spare her?
Corrine?

As of this moment, you are dead to the world. Leave this place, and do it now. I beg of you, take your retainers and find somewhere to hide. I hate to send you out unarmed, but I must ask for your weapon. Quickly.

Wait, that works?? Then why wouldn't you just...do that to all the other times...goddamnit

What are you saying?! You're really going to let me go?
Yes. I am not my father, Hinoka. The last thing I want is meaningless bloodshed. I will not kill you nor your remaining soldiers, but you must leave now.
No! Let me come with you, Sister! I knew you were on our side. I knew it! If I explain things to Ryoma, maybe we can end this war before things go any further!
I can't let you do that.

He would kill you. He's literally said "I'll kill you" multiple times for failing.

In fact, he has specifically tried to kill you multiple times in a span of two hours one time.

I know it won't be easy, but I need you to go far away from here. If you can just stay hidden until the war is over, everything will be OK. You don't have to die here. Please, choose to live.
How can I run...when everything I hold dear is on the brink of ruin...?

I completely forgot I gave her that.

What?!
Oh dear, how did my naughty blade get so close to your vulnerable little throat?
If you move even a tiny bit, I may just slice it open like a ripe tomato.
You're insane! What do you think—

...who is not yours, by the way... Well, the sweet thing chose to spare your meaningless life. It's rather precious.
I support her choice, of course. But only so long as you keep your end of the bargain. If you cause my darling sister any harm... If you disobey her and refuse to run away... When you least expect it, my naughty little blade might just slip. Understood?

This is more disturbing than I thought.

Keep that up, and you'll positively terrify Princess Sakura when you see her again.
Sakura is alive?!

Oh god, the bounce with that face

That's MY sister, darling. Not yours. In case you were keeping score. Now be a good girl and go hide somewhere safe like Corrine ordered you to. After all, how would young Sakura feel if she found out her sister was dead?
*sigh* Fine! You win. I will do as you say.
Wonderful! I'm so glad we had this little chat.

Somewhat similar to Corrine's. Fully adorable and quite pretty.
What am I supposed to say to—
Look at that! Absolutely lovely. You even blush like Corrine!
Um...Camilla?
Oh, my apologies. I got carried away. It seems we must be going. Farewell, princess of Hoshido.

I really just want to leave now. You're not helping your cause for going incognito

Corrine, wait! You should know that Ryoma is waiting for you inside the castle. You said you wish to avoid bloodshed, and I'm choosing to believe you. So whatever happens...don't kill him. Please, find a way to spare my brother.
We've already lost Mother. We couldn't bear to lose Ryoma too... If he fell, it would tear the heart out of our kingdom. I couldn't survive that.
You have my word, Hinoka. I will not take Ryoma's life. I swear on the Yato of salvation that I will find a way to protect him.
Thank you, Corrine.

Even if Iago wasn't already spying, he would probably have noticed by now.

I know the awful things my kingdom has done to Hoshido and to your family. I know that because of those things, I can never hope for forgiveness.
But when all this is over, and peace has been restored to our world... I dearly hope that one day we can all come together as siblings again.
Corrine...
I'm sorry. Perhaps I should not have spoken. Feel free to cry and scream at me, and to tell me that wish can never come true.
But even still, I won't let go of that dream. I just thought you should know.

*Corrine's team leaves*

...Good-bye, Corrine.

It's time to go, milady. If we stay here, they'll catch us for sure.
Yes. Let's get going.
Sister... You're right about one thing. I cannot forgive the Nohrian army. They started this war, and they're winning it like cowards. They're all barbarians! Yet Corrine's dream of us all uniting as siblings in a world without war...

Ryoma... Please don't hurt Corrine. Don't kill that lovely dream...

"Pure" is certainly a description for Corrine's plan.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hmmm
This is reminding me of something

hmmmm

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 6, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Stoneborn Mask is a wonderful thing. :allears:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hmmm
This is reminding me of something

hmmmm

Giant Mom is way better than Giant Dad here at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe the descriptions will be more consistent in not spoiling in Revelation.

Sometimes I think these titles are just lazy when you can add some fun adjectives.

Corrine's been running around the place, apparently.

*pant...pant...* This is taking too long. Where is he?! If we don't find Ryoma soon, Iago's troops might get to him first. If that happens...
I wonder if he went...there. No, that would be too awful...
Azura, if you have any idea where he might be, now's the time to fill me in.

Yes, please. Now is definitely not the time to start your usual secret self.

You must pass by it to get to the throne. I can't think of where else he could be. He's likely planning a last stand should we make it that far.
In front of the throne room?! But that's where we're meeting up with the others...
If you're right, we won't be able to reach him before regrouping with Father!
I know. I'm sorry, but things don't seem to be going our way at the moment.
This can't be happening! If I don't find Ryoma first, they'll kill—

How are you more annoying on this route, a route supposedly being on the same side? I actually think Iago has attempted more murders on Conquest than Birthright.

Hello, Iago.
We were able to take down the Hoshidans with few Nohrian casualties. All thanks to King Garon's divine strength.
Father...actually fought?
He insisted. The Hoshidan soldiers were mere babes compared to his might! Not a single enemy soldier escaped with their life. It was most glorious! How did your troops fare?
It was the same on our end. They were no match for our power.

Here... Take her weapon as a trophy from my latest conquest.
A bloody lance? Hmmm. A compelling case, but I wouldn't say this counts as proof, much less a trophy. Why didn’t you bring us her head instead?

I'm deciding if I'm annoyed this lance thing was Plan A after all or this was the one time Iago didn't have spies.

I...had no time for show. We're fighting a war here, Iago.
Hmmm. You didn't happen to let the princess escape, now did you?
How dare you!
Iago.
King Garon! What is it, my liege?

Is she seriously going to be saved by Garon?

Do you truly believe this small matter is more important than conquering Hoshido?
No, my king! But if the princess DID allow her to live, it might affect our campaign...
Ha! And what exactly could a little mouse like her do against my army? Even if she is alive, it would be all too easy to crush her once Hoshido has fallen. How long do you intend to make me wait over something so trifling?
M-my apologies. You are right, as ever. Let us be on our way.
Don't fall behind, Corrine. I have my eye on you.
Of course, Father.

*Everyone but Iago leaves*

But that's just fine. After all, from here on out, your life will be nothing but misery.
I hope you're ready to crush the life out of Prince Ryoma... Heh heh heh.

Someone tell me what's Iago's motivation now after it's clear he doesn't have Garon's backing of his "Troll Corrine" method.

Just being a dick? On the same team?

*Some time passes*

We are. After we pass through here, we'll be in the throne room.
Gods! Is that...Ryoma?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujrAQnAkRgA

Hi Ryoma.

How long have been working on that?

But that was just practice.

Ryoma uh...you're kinda on fire

No more games—to the death!

How observant of you, Prince Ryoma. Your troops have been obliterated. Hardly anyone remains. Princess Sakura is our prisoner, and Prince Takumi jumped off the Great Wall in shame.

How do you know the Takumi jump but not...augh my head

Oh, I almost forgot... *throws Hinoka's lance*

Hinoka's lance...
You! I swear, you will pay for this!!

Either Ryoma only cares about Hinoka or he's unaffected by Takumi jumping off a giant wall. Like he does it all the time or something.

Oh, but sadly it wasn't I who killed her. That honor goes to Lady Corrine. Isn't that right, milady?
Y-yes. It was I.

You killed Hinoka? Our sister?!
This is madness! Do you really mean to tell me the blood on this lance is Hinoka's?!
Answer me, Corrine! ANSWER ME!!
It's...it's true. I killed her... I killed Hinoka.

Now I'm annoyed that Ryoma assumed Corrine just didn't kill anyone for weeks or months or whatever

I mean, Corrine and Ryoma ain't technically related but they might as well be.

(Ryoma runs away from the view of the camera)

YOU MURDERING FIEND!!

At least this is more relatable than whatever the hell Xander did in Birthright.

Argh!
Corrine!

Calm yourself, Prince Ryoma.
Ryoma, what are you—
I will have revenge for my sister! I challenge you to a duel!! I will not rest until I kill you myself, you traitorous scum! When the sun sets on this day, one of us will be dead. No one will get between, me and my revenge!
Ryoma...

Wait. How did everyone just...

Aren't those just screen doors?? Just punch it through or something.

Soldiers! Protect Corrine from this madman at once!
Stand down, soldiers. Your assistance will not be necessary.
Iago! What is the meaning of this?!
If our princess is as strong as you claim, she shouldn't need any help.
Or are you suggesting Lady Corrine doesn't have what it takes to win?

Spoiler: Not really

There you have it. Then there's no reason for us to intervene. Just sit back and enjoy he show, Lord Xander.
Scoundrel! The man you would have her slay is her brother by birth! There's no guarantee her divine blade will stay true under such duress! Father! End this! Or will you stand by and watch a princess of Nohr fall?

Yeah, about that Xander. Iago...kinda doesn't care, I'm sorry to say.

Father!

We are both eager to see how much Lady Corrine has grown with our own eyes.
And if the two end up killing each other... Well, lesson learned.
If you think I will stand and do nothing, you are grievously mistaken!

I'm actually amused that Xander is STILL hoping Garon helps him in one of these situations.

*Two ninjas appear*

Your trail of blood ends here, Nohrians. After our encounter in Mokushu, I had hoped I would never see you again.
On behalf of Lord Ryoma, Saizo and I will not allow you to interfere.
We will have our revenge for Lady Hinoka and all the Hoshidan lives you've taken!!
You have my attention. Ready your weapons. Brother! Sisters! Let's take these soldiers out and go help Corrine.
We're on it.
I will happily kill anyone who gets in the way of saving my precious sister!
I'll do my best, Xander! For Corrine!

So yeah, Ryoma and Corrine are locked in room until I defeat Saizo and Kagero. After 25 turns, Ryoma will start attacking Corrine.

Well, Ryoma is a tough dude. Astra+Swordfaire is dangerous, but just one Dragonic Hex will bring him down to manag-

...The hell is that? Goddamnit, Conquest.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I did this map legit the first time, and every time since I've doped Corrin up on stat boosters and proceeded to ignore the entire map

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I've done it legit a couple times, but yeah, this map is nasty if you take it head-on. And it gets absurdly evil on Lunatic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Conquest: "gently caress you and the dragon you rode in on."

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Oh oh! This map! Do we get to talk about what this map does on lunatic? Holy poo poo this is the worst map on lunatic, bar none, and anyone who's played Conquest on lunatic probably agrees with me.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'm pretty curious what the hell it does worse than the Hall Of Death with the loving Spy Shiriken Master Ninjas harassing you while a Certain Blow/Death Blow Great Club Master of Arms hides behind a Guard Naginata dude with some of the x weapon slayer weapons.

Oh wait, Inevitable End is a thing on Lunatic.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
The Story of the Lunatic Map is that Ryoma instantly bisected Corrin with a crit, ala The Last Blade. Meanwhile, the entire Nohrian force puked their organs out after they took a Shuriken each, or got crippling limb cramps that rendered them helpless. Trapped inside, Garon, Iago and Hans pondered why the Inevitable End technology wasn't more researched in Nohr, before Ryoma came for them.

In the timeline where the war wasn't brutally ended at this map, aka Classic Normal... My Corrin was doing well. drat well. Capped Strength, Speed, Skill, Defense, good HP, the works. So I knew about this chapter, and was more than ready for it.

She did about 12 Damage to Ryoma per turn. About 70 Hit. On a floor filled with heal tiles.

Ryoma does not gently caress around. Oh, and there's the chests, one of which has something that helped ALOT next chapter.

Emperordaein fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 22, 2017

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
On my first run, a normal casual run, my Corrin really didn't need the help. I went a little crazy getting skills from other castles so she had swordbreaker, and she was a ninja. Ryoma was getting around a sub 40 (if I'm recalling correctly, and that's probably a generous estimate) hit rate on her. Also I don't think he has resist status on normal.

And she had a raider weapon too, because I remember he was naked by the end of the fight.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This is the map I'm currently stuck on.

It reinforced my hatred of ninjas. Forever. Think of a ninja shuriken stomping a Nohrian face. Forever.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Yeah, you badly want a Corrin that can kill Ryoma for this map on Lunatic. I only ever play the actual map enough to get to that left chest.

Wyvern Lord Corrin is the best for this I think. Between Swordbreaker and the Dual Club, you can get Ryoma's hit rate down to single digits. Armored Blow from Great Knight or Duelist's Blow from Samurai are also good, because you get 25 turns of him doing nothing on the enemy phase.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

To echo everyone else, gently caress this map sideways. About the only thing that could make this map even worse would have been to add (as of this posting) Kagero's unique dagger in Fire Emblem Heroes, the Poison Dagger. No, it's not like the Poison weapons from the GBA games, the Poison Dagger is a weapon that is super effective against all infantry units. Out of our current team, that would mean the following would take bonus damage: Corrine, Azura, Ophelia, Selena, Soleil, Charlotte, and Forrest. Effie would probably not count because she's an armored unit, but I would not put it past IntSys to make a "Because gently caress You" exception for Knights/Generals.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
After about an hour on this map, Saizo took down Beruka with a crit. I gave up and continued on, because nothing would make me go through this map again.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Yeah I got to this map and looked at it for like a second and went... "gently caress this." I had mag boon witch corrin with a forged snake spirit for brave effect plus Crit blow(?) and Corrin is still in rally range so I threw down a rally rainbow and rally magic and one rounded Ryoma without even bothering with the rest of the map. I saw those ninjas and noped the gently caress out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I don't remember, can you Rescue Corrin out or Warp in?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

NOPE!

I had two witches on standby with the intent of warping 4 more characters for a Ryoma beatdown, but Intsys hates you too much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

corrin can duplicate, tho.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
There's also some fuckery with the central floor beyond the healing that it shows if you put the cursor on it. I think it reduces damage somehow? I couldn't be bothered to figure out the formula on it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It's not a standard healtile, it only restores a few hp per turn so it's possible to outdamage it, but yes, it also gives a stupid amount of damage reduction to both sides, so you have to be able to deal at least a decent amount of damage and with an okay hitrate to actually chip him down, though skills and crits help tremendously.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

NOPE!

I had two witches on standby with the intent of warping 4 more characters for a Ryoma beatdown, but Intsys hates you too much.

To be fair, you can't interfere because murderdad explicitly told the party not to, not because of a barrier keeping people out or something. The latter can have flaws to exploit, the former doesn't, unless Xander finally retrieves his backbone from where he diplaced it and told :moreevil: to stuff it.
Fat chance of that considering what Xander has already let happen.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
So if you haven't gotten a kid yet you and use their promotion item you get a unit at level 20/14. I had yet to pick up Silas' child and said child is able to find a way to get to Bow Knight. Bow Knight has Shuriken Breaker.

The kid saved my bacon and then some. This map is *mean*.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Arthur is back in the party by default because I have an extra slot I guess. To make up for Corrine being out, I guess.

So Ryoma is going to hang out and not attack Corrine for a long while, giving a semi-turn limit to beat both Saizo and Kagero. Did you know you only have beat one of them on Normal?

This map is hard or easy depending on if you have certain classes. Wyvern Lords with Swordbreaker, Bow Knigths with Shurikenbreaker, etc.

I don't have a single archer, let alone a bow knight, so...this is slightly harder than usual.

Effie leads the charge with some big chip damage while the rest of the army stay behind on the edge of the enemy range. I would generally recommend going as one big group unless you specialized your army for this mission.

Elise starts off with some big damage on that MoA, gaining her standard level. 35 magic/29 speed for only level 12 is very nukey.

Camilla finally breaks the curse and gains every stat but defense, and also learns Trample. Neat thing about the move is that it also applies to Savage Blow, so she can deal a ton of damage as the first attacker on a group.

I'm going to laugh if Leo is legit one of my three fastest units by the end of the game.

What's a blessing and curse is that ninjas are willing to attack even if they deal 0 damage. The downside is all the Poison Striking, but the good news is that baiting works again with high defense units.

Xander gets a terrible +STR/LCK level.

Percy clears the way thanks to Azura and gains a nice level. Sad thing is that he's getting good speed but Wary Fighter is way too important when the majority of units are rocking 30+ speed.

So this area is a bit problematic because this narrow corridor is being flanked by two Spy Shuriken ninjas, both which have Poison Strike+Grisly Wound, which means any unit is taking 20% HP guaranteed. And those MoA will finish off even the toughest enemies after all those debuffs.

Not a problem if you have a Shurikenbreaker Bow Knight but I have to improvise a bit.

I bait out one of the Spy ninjas to be in range of a weapon within the corridor. Hit him hard with Effie solo.

Shelter with Xander to both keep Effie safe and get her defense bonus. Azura Sings for him, and he finishes off the Spy.

Then use a Freeze staff to disable the other Spy and let Xander tank the incoming hits.

That MoA will target Laslow behind Xander with a Battering Club since he can deal more damage to him. He gains a +HP/STR/SKL/SPD/LCK level from chip damage.

Reset the situation and have Xander block off and counterkill those two following enemies. He also picks up Aegis.

And that basically takes care of the hardest part of Kagero's side.

It's still not a cakewalk, though.

She gains a meager +STR/MAG level but honestly, not much else she can gain offensively at this point.

Selena picks up a stray MoA to kill after some Poison injected into him. Only a +STR/LCK/DEF out of that villionous win.

A few turns later, the team assembles outside of Kagero's zone with more Spy ninjas. Fortunately they only have Poison Strike so they're not that dangerous.

Charlotte missed on speed but at 33, eh. She hit the 40 mark for strength which is cool.

Kagero is tough, speedy, and has Rend Heaven which can almost instant kill anyone outside of gimmick setups like Xander holding a Levin Sword. That signature Sting Shuriken means Effie is useless against her.

Even if our fate is worse than death, we will never give up on Lord Ryoma!

This is honestly my best chance at Kagero and it's pretty much leaving it to RNG on whether she activates Rend Heaven to kill Ophelia.

This is it. This is the end. Lord Ryoma... Saizo... It was an honor...to fight beside you both. If only I could have lived to see...Hoshido achieve...true peace...

Pretty bad when even Charlotte is barely getting good crit rates.

That chest nearby had 10k gold that Laslow opens up before the team moves to Saizo's side.

*Many, many turns later*

Okay, finally to Saizo's side.

Some sibling teamwork to start the clean-up. Camilla gets +STR/SKL/DEF/RES, going back to her slow ways.

Man, there's so many people on this army being carried by their class. Ironically Selena is actually worse off because Great Lord is utility-wise worse than a Bow Knight.

Saizo's side is less heinous but still pretty devious for setting up death zones. The Automatons have Lunge and Spy Yumis to pull allies far and pelt them with poison with Swordmasters to finish them off. Even has Seal Defense to just make sure they come in all soft.

Jokes on them, Effie is bulky enough with Wary Fighter and Rally Defense to barely get a tickle from the ambush.

Leo went to level 15 and learns Lifetaker.

That's uh...an interesting interpretation of Aether.

For that performance, Selena gets a lone strength for her level.

Soleil's disappointments would be massive improvements for some.

This Swordmaster? drat this Swordmaster. I can't goddamn hit him accurately even with weapon advantage. He has more evasion than Saizo on a boss tile, what the hell.

Oh my god, it took like five rounds to finally get him.

After cleaning up that mess, I eye another Lunge trap that Effie will tank through.

It's honestly kinda clever. The one-range doll Lunges the target into range of the Spy Yumi, who then gets pelted with two Silver Shuriken ninjas.

A shame Effie only took damage from Poison Strike.

Oh no, Ryoma started moving. Now as might wonder why Ryoma is doing so little damage. That's because we're on defensive tiles that heal for 5% health. I would be SO dead if it weren't for these helpful tiles.

Like, Corrine has almost 40 defense after meals, defense tonics, and a Draco Shield and Ryoma would still easily destroy that. drat.

Or does the Yato repel at your touch now that your heart and soul are dead?
Ryoma, stop this. I don't want to fight you! I can explain all of this, even Hinoka. Please, listen to me!
Ha! As though I would allow you to distract me with false remorse. How dare you pretend to be my sister after killing Hinoka! You are nothing to me. Just a filthy coward like the rest of your kingdom.
I have said all I wish to say to you. Nothing you can do will sway me.
You are no sister of mine, Nohrian princess! Watch as my blade takes back whatever Hoshidan blood remains in you!
Ryoma! No!!

You have to admit that's a pretty good line

Thankfully the defensive buffs are enough that Corrine is in no danger of dying anytime soon, so the "turn limit" is a lot longer. Unless he like Astra me for 10 turns in a row or something.

Saizo is a bit easier to deal with, as he has the inferior Luna and his PSkill will help whittle him down past a point.

I believe in Lord Ryoma!

Picked the wrong god to pray

I have failed...Lord Ryoma... Though I must die...my words remain true. I will always believe in Hoshido... We will win this war. The world...will one day...know peace...

Yay, those apparently invincible screen doors are opened now!

Laslow gets the other chest which is a Silence staff.

This Dragon Vein changes all that defensive goodness into tiles that make it easier to hit Ryoma.

It also makes it easier for Ryoma to kill Corrine so uh don't activate it until you're ready. Don't worry about Ryoma hitting anyone else, he'll only attack Corrine because Honor

A thing that Xander pretends to have but we know the real story

I had to.

Help people like Ryoma

And he drops a Dracoshield so the one Corrine ate wasn't "wasted"

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Tae posted:

A thing that Xander pretends to have but we know the real story

Oh yeah, and Ryoma is just overflowing with honour. *COUGH*ElisaMedicine*COUGHCOUGH*

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Inferno-sama posted:

Oh yeah, and Ryoma is just overflowing with honour. *COUGH*ElisaMedicine*COUGHCOUGH*

: Of course holding a child's an adult's life on the line to force a person who isn't related to me and who spend most of their life living with a different family to return to a place that they don't want to be is honorable!

Say what you will about Xander, but Ryoma doing this permanently made me hate him, and even playing Birthright afterwards didn't make me feel any better about him. In fact, it made me dislike him more, because there is never a point in any of the story or his supports that makes him relatable, whereas Xander is relatable in basically all of his supports.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Something that won't be covered is that this map is a lot harder on Lunatic not because of bigger stats and/or more enemies, but because of Lunatic specific skills that show up, like one called Inevitable End-Enemy will accumulate status reduction effects.

On regular debuffs, someone hit with a Spy Yumi with Seal Resistance will have their resistance reduced by 6, because Seal Resistance is the highest number applied. With IEnd, that -6 stacks with the -2 from the Spy Yumi.

So all those multiple ninja traps? Effie would be grinded with possibly -12 stats by end of a run.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tae posted:

Something that won't be covered is that this map is a lot harder on Lunatic not because of bigger stats and/or more enemies, but because of Lunatic specific skills that show up, like one called Inevitable End-Enemy will accumulate status reduction effects.

On regular debuffs, someone hit with a Spy Yumi with Seal Resistance will have their resistance reduced by 6, because Seal Resistance is the highest number applied. With IEnd, that -6 stacks with the -2 from the Spy Yumi.

So all those multiple ninja traps? Effie would be grinded with possibly -12 stats by end of a run.

Is it debuffs from separate sources or multiple applications? What happens if a ninja doubles you with a shuriken? What about attacking on two turns?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bruceski posted:

Is it debuffs from separate sources or multiple applications? What happens if a ninja doubles you with a shuriken? What about attacking on two turns?

I'd assume "gently caress you* that's what happens" is the correct response to your question. I'd like to know for sure though.

*player you not Bruceski you

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Debuffs stack from all sources with Inevitable End. Two Ninja smacking you with Shurikens not only poison strike you, they drop your stats to poo poo. They still only recover 1 per turn.

Basically, bring Shurikenbreaker or kill Ryoma with Corrin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Update on next page

• Locked thread