Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lobok posted:

The Superior Spider-Man, you say?

Didn't that event kick off with Otto learning that he's dying because Peter punched him in the head too much?
It's a perfect fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SilverSupernova posted:

Didn't that event kick off with Otto learning that he's dying because Peter punched him in the head too much?
It's a perfect fit.

And then decided to move in to Peter's head, which was somehow in better condition.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

please stop

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Will this be the first smug faced appearance appearance of our new Newspaper universe president to negotiate the fountain of youth with Tyrannus?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aunt May is either plotting something nefarious or she's looking at Mole Man and is seriously DTF.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
panel 2 may is terrifying

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lobok posted:

Aunt May is either plotting something nefarious or she's looking at Mole Man and is seriously DTF.

Why not both. She may want to peg moley with his stick

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lobok posted:

Especially since he is the famed co-creator! It wouldn't be as appealing if the writer was just some random hiree.

The Superior Spider-Man, you say?

The superior Spiderman, aka Newspaper Spidey. Doc didn't transfer to a new mind, he just created an alternate reality where Parker could be defeated by thrown bricks and then transferred himself to that reality's Ockbrain. Unfortunately the general ineptitude of everyone in this new universe got to him too and now he pales in comparison to such villains as mole man who has the power to creepily peer at Peter's aunt in ways the old Ock never could.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Tyrannus hs clearly already taken control of tracking and kerning because these aren't even sentences, just one long word after another.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
How does taking over the entire world even work? That seems awfully difficult and not worth the amount of concentrated, extended effort needed to even do that. Like, managing the sheer number of forces to keep all 196 countries in line, including disaster areas like North Korea and poo poo, some of which have literal billions of people? I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Mole Man just needs to calm the gently caress down about the stupid thing some idiot said to him.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 7, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

redbackground posted:

How does taking over the entire world even work? That seems awfully difficult and not worth the amount of concentrated, extended effort needed to even do that. Like, managing the sheer number of forces to keep all 196 countries in line, including disaster areas like North Korea and poo poo, some of which have literal billions of people? I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Mole Man just needs to calm the gently caress down about the stupid thing some idiot said to him.

If cartoons taught me anything, it's that you conquer the world by taking over a single building/street in New York and then demanding that the world capitulate to your rule. What's the world gonna do? NOT hand over global authority and risk the loss of a New York building or street!?! :rolleyes:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

redbackground posted:

"Ruling the world would be awful and tons of work" is literally the key to the resolution of Emperor Doom.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

You all forget they're talking about the entire newspaper world, the conquering and ruling of which would be relatively undemanding.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes, but as members of said world they are as challenged as the rest.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

mind the walrus posted:

Yes, but as members of said world they are as challenged as the rest.

I dunno, Tyrannus overcame the whacking stick. He might be something special in this world.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Time for high fives everyone!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

MJ is actually bemused because if mole man wins she has an in to a way to prolong her acting career, and if not she'll just give herself over to Tyrannus. What's Peter going to do? Stop her?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mary Jane: Submit, Peter. There can be no other way.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Every time I see that "!" it's accompanied in my head by the Metal Gear Solid sting. I keep expecting tense music to kick in and a bunch of guys wearing facemasks to bum-rush Peter.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I'm staring at all the hands in panel 2 and the composition just keeps getting weirder

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ZeroCount posted:

I'm staring at all the hands in panel 2 and the composition just keeps getting weirder

Peter's hand is covering his face. He's doing a talk to the hand to himself.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm liking that the thread title is relevant again as both a reference to the subterranean world and because Mole Man is so short. "Yo, Spider-Man! Down here!"

Jerusalem posted:

If cartoons taught me anything, it's that you conquer the world by taking over a single building/street in New York and then demanding that the world capitulate to your rule. What's the world gonna do? NOT hand over global authority and risk the loss of a New York building or street!?! :rolleyes:

In the real world you don't really have to occupy every single square inch of land of a country. As long as you capture and maintain the key institutions and infrastructure the rest of the world eventually recognizes you as the legitimate leader. So maybe just capture the UN Building, grab hold of the Internet, and play King of the Hill for a while until the world recognizes your global authority.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MJ welcomes her new subterranean overlords.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
You know what is also great and feels like newspaper spider-man? Spider-man 67

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You ain't kidding.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey so this origin story from 2001 just got posted in the other thread.

Haifisch posted:

2001 Spiderman

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

loving incredible.

Anyway:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Mole Man gets discovered as the new Danny DeVito.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, either that guy is so coked up he is about to die or an alien parasite is controlling his body.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wow, either that guy is so coked up he is about to die or an alien parasite is controlling his body.

He's in Hollywood, so it's the coke.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

making Venom/Snowflame a new Amalgam character was a bold move

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mover posted:

making Venom/Snowflame a new Amalgam character was a bold move

Where'd that white spider on his chest go? It was there a second ago...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Yes... Melvin Mann. Mel for short."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Odds on Jacky being a Tyrannus stooge?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nil. He's going to stop Tyrannus by offering him a movie deal.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

RandallODim posted:

Odds on Jacky being a Tyrannus stooge?
I'm gonna take the "Tyrannus in disguise" dark horse.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MJ's agent being a long term tyrannus plant is extremely unlikely

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

MJ's agent being a long term tyrannus plant is extremely unlikely

agreed, it is more likely that he is tyrannus himself.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

CapnAndy posted:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Aww, that's what I was gonna say.

• Locked thread