Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Oreimo also had flashes of good and an actually decent bait and switch on how it would end.

Yeah, and Eromanga is shaping up to have the exact same problem: developing an actual interesting relationship between the MC and one of the girls that just gets chucked out the window because IMOUTO. The author shows signs of being capable of being better, and less (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ inducing, than what he ends up churning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I hope he has a long and prosperous career of getting people to repeatedly watch and flip out over imouto shows going imouto

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fangz posted:

even the 50 and 60 year olds are watching Eromanga sensei.

That does not surprise me at all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paracelsus posted:

Yeah, and Eromanga is shaping up to have the exact same problem: developing an actual interesting relationship between the MC and one of the girls that just gets chucked out the window because IMOUTO. The author shows signs of being capable of being better, and less (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ inducing, than what he ends up churning out.

So the bear says to the guy, "you don't come here for the well-written non-incestual romance, do you?"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

So the bear says to the guy, "you don't come here for the well-written non-incestual romance, do you?"

natsu totally would say something like that

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Hay guys I have an opinion on euromanga sensei do you want to hear it

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

an actual dog posted:

Hay guys I have an opinion on euromanga sensei do you want to hear it

Sure

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzNIpat4mUk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
an actual dog fart

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My opinion on Eromanga Sensei is that the most recent episode of My Hero Academia is one of the best in the series.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

eromanga is okay and just about everyone on this forum has a show they like with something weirder going on

source: i like symphogear and lol @ the fine/chris scenes in s1

Can't wait for the next monogatari

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Doukutsu Monogatari is my favorite one.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

Can't wait for the next monogatari
A third of the season is a date with Gahara.

Also has anyone read the Kakegurui manga? The awesome one about crazy gambling girls?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Doukutsu Monogatari is my favorite one.

Its not as good as koimonogatari but its pretty good

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

eromanga isn't any different from any other harem where the main girl is boring because boring is safe and comfortable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

incest: safe and comfortable

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
technically true

E; wait, no, I take it back, please

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

technically true

You lack the strength of your convictions

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Colonel posted:

technically true

lol

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why would they need to make a poll, just post what shows got the most episode views. doing it the former way is just asking for creepy otaku to skew the poll

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Paracelsus posted:

It's worse this time since Elf is a better character than Kuroneko was, and you don't have the usual harem 'gently caress you, good girl' throwaway that Manami was. Ignore Muramasa, since she's obvious harem anime chum. Secondly, Sagiri has some pretty serious reasons to fixate on her one remaining close family member, and that will be completely ignored in a country where mental health issues are highly stigmatized.

It was easy to write off Oreimo because I wound up hating most of the characters, and the ending was supported by nothing but the author's caprice. Despite the ecchi, there's a lot of charm in Eromanga Sensei that's going to be subverted by nobody questioning a traumatized pre-teen hooking up with her step-brother, instead of addressing her grief. In a weird way, it's a more believable ending than Oreimo, and that's what makes it more depressing.

On a lighter note, I think I mostly watch Love Tyrant for the infectious OP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Somehow I don't think competing streaming sites would be keen on releasing hard numbers for viewership.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the main pair recovering from loss and rebuilding their lives by chasing dreams is good and i support it. it's nice that the show opens up with their motivations for attachment which makes the main theme stick better than it did in oreimo where you were just being led along until you reached the endgame.

also the director is a mad genius for giving Sagiri her own dedicated artist. the amount of character animation she gets every week is crazy, and the cutest

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Relin posted:

why would they need to make a poll, just post what shows got the most episode views. doing it the former way is just asking for creepy otaku to skew the poll

lol
even in this case you'll still have numbers skewed by lots of early episode views, followed by fall-off. it's how you get situations like the Crunchyroll maps. also,

Strange Quark posted:

Somehow I don't think competing streaming sites would be keen on releasing hard numbers for viewership.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Clitch posted:

On a lighter note, I think I mostly watch Love Tyrant for the infectious OP.

I'm glad Wake Up, Girls are still getting work post-anime. I just remember the WUG anime which for the first few episodes looked like it was going to highlight the not so good parts of the idol industry, then turned into a generic idol story more or less.

e: Or they've done a lot of work and I haven't noticed until now. :shrug: Either way, good for them.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 7, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ahhh, ballroom anime looks so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGGwyb0d0Y8

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They're keeping all the sweat and thats what I want the most.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Space Flower posted:

the main pair recovering from loss and rebuilding their lives by chasing dreams is good and i support it. it's nice that the show opens up with their motivations for attachment which makes the main theme stick better than it did in oreimo where you were just being led along until you reached the endgame.

also the director is a mad genius for giving Sagiri her own dedicated artist. the amount of character animation she gets every week is crazy, and the cutest

I agree with all of this, especially the initial part. The initial setup "Parents bring home new adopted daughter, then immediately die" is a bit forced, but the character interactions are cute, the characters are all unique and likeable and the plotline since that initial setup has been amusing.

That's all I really ask of it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Grouchio posted:

A third of the season is a date with Gahara.

Also has anyone read the Kakegurui manga? The awesome one about crazy gambling girls?

Yes, it is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the adaptation.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i miss when oreimo was bannable

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if it was bannable then we'd miss all the good stories of people putting two seasons of hope into it only to be let down when it simply lived up to the title

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also banning mention/discussion of a show is dumb as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

also banning mention/discussion of a show is dumb as hell

time to begin my 17 part feminist analysis of kodomo no jikan

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thanks, mari okada

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Endorph posted:

time to begin my 17 part feminist analysis of kodomo no jikan

Simulwatch Kodomo no Jikan when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Am I the only person still watching Sagrada Reset? It's been interesting the whole time... but it's getting much moreso.

• Locked thread