Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

In Cott is the water guardian summoning bugged?

I have my redstone inlay over the ocean. I throw in my bucket of water and a boat while it is raining and nothing happens.

What am i missing?

Make sure it's a ring of inlays, so nothing in the centre block, and it has to have nothing between it and the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Not sure if it matters, but use an oak boat. I don't think it detects boats made from other wood types.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The Curse (now Twitch) launcher is saying it's going to straight up stop letting me use it if I don't merge/change to using a Twitch account. Like it's going to actively take away my access to the stuff I was already using it for.
What a loving pile of trash.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Why is that a problem? It takes all of 2 minutes even if you don't have a Twitch account already. I was honestly glad to have one less login to worry about, and it's got the added bonus of acting as a launcher for most of the free stuff you get through Twitch Prime after the merge if that matters to you.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

The Curse (now Twitch) launcher is saying it's going to straight up stop letting me use it if I don't merge/change to using a Twitch account. Like it's going to actively take away my access to the stuff I was already using it for.
What a loving pile of trash.

It's likely Curse doesn't have a choice. They're owned by Twitch, so.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
If I had to guess it's because I don't have Twitch, I don't have any free stuff from Twitch Prime that I need a launcher for, and this gives me one more login, not one less.
This feels needless and forced in the wake of a rebranding that looked unnecessary in the first place. But more than that I dislike any program that just shuts down access to poo poo you already have because they're merging brands and you gotta get on this new service.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's actually the same as before because curse is no longer a thing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
All right, well, I understand they have their reasons and they're not doing it for spite's sake, and I recognize that it's a petty complaint, so I'm hardly gonna argue it. It still bugs me though.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Black Pants posted:

Make sure it's a ring of inlays, so nothing in the centre block, and it has to have nothing between it and the sky.

Yep, yep and yep

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Not sure if it matters, but use an oak boat. I don't think it detects boats made from other wood types.

This might be it, mine is made of acacia. Ill knock out an oat one a bit later tonight and see.

(And i ended up turning off piranahs and creeper fish when i was getting frustrated with it not working. I doubt i will turn those back on)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Since Minecraft is 32 bit, is it limited to 3.2 billion RF/t?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Ak Gara posted:

Dunno but fwiw you can represent about 2.147 billion (2^32) numbers with 32 bits.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Ak Gara posted:

Afaik the limit is that you can only have 2.1 billion RF/t running through a single route. So if you wanted to fill a draconic evolution storage core faster than 2.1B/t you would need to attach another RF input to a side of the core you're using to feed RF into it, and route the spare RF through that.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Ah that should be okay then. I'm using multiple Tesseracts (each turbine on it's own channel) to transfer power to a Mekanism capacitor.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Oh, so that's why the DE book says energy pylons are limited 2.1bil per side.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ak Gara posted:

What makes you think Minecraft is 32-bit? Any Java program has access to 64-bit numbers, and you can run Minecraft in a 64-bit JVM.

If the API for RF uses 32-bit numbers, it's limited to ~2.1 billion.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

In order to reduce lag, I set the MFR's Mining Laser work needed from 300 to 30, and power needed from 5,000 to 50,000, and reduced the chunks used from 100 to 10, and this works fine.

I would like to reduce it by 10 again but if I try to set power needed from 50,000 to 500,000 per laser, they receive no power at all, even with a Tesseract directly connected to the pre-chargers. :confused:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Does the latest RFTools (rftools-1.1x-6.01 || rftoolsdim-1.1x-5.02 || mcjtylib-1.1x-2.3.11 ) work with 1.7.10? The website says they do but dropping them into the mod folder like I normally do when adding mods didn't seem to work?

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

Does the latest RFTools (rftools-1.1x-6.01 || rftoolsdim-1.1x-5.02 || mcjtylib-1.1x-2.3.11 ) work with 1.7.10? The website says they do but dropping them into the mod folder like I normally do when adding mods didn't seem to work?

No, those are specifically for 1.10+ via McJty's Compat Layer.

His website also says nothing of the sort, what it does say is

quote:

Note! This mod works on 1.10.2 *and* 1.11.2 with the same JAR!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

This has the 1.7.10 tag
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2229562-rftools-dimension-builder-teleportation-crafter

And this lists the Minecraft version "1.7.10"
https://ftbwiki.org/RFTools

It's also in several 1.7 modpacks so there should be a 1.7 version somewhere?

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
RFTools does exist for 1.7.10, but only older releases of it. Newer releases are only for 1.10/1.11.

If you're looking for a specific compatible version, it's probably best to look on CurseForge and use their filters, like this:
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/rftools/files?filter-game-version=2020709689%3A4449

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Ah great, thanks! :)
I was confusing curseforge.com with mods.curse.com

[edit] I still can't find RF Tools Dimentions for 1.7.10, but I can't even get the RF Tools jar + mcjtylib to load. :(
[edit 2] Opps, needed to delete the old config folder to the new files!

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 5, 2017

lolmer
Jan 21, 2014

Ak Gara posted:

Ah great, thanks! :)
I was confusing curseforge.com with mods.curse.com

[edit] I still can't find RF Tools Dimentions for 1.7.10, but I can't even get the RF Tools jar + mcjtylib to load. :(
[edit 2] Opps, needed to delete the old config folder to the new files!

In Minecraft 1.7.10, RFTools mod included RFTools Dimensions, they weren't separated until Minecraft 1.8. :)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Oh I see.
After placing rftools-4.23.jar and mcjtylib-1.8.1.jar into the mod folder, it crashes on load. I've no idea how to read the crash report.

Crash report:
http://textuploader.com/d0dkt

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Ak Gara posted:

Oh I see.
After placing rftools-4.23.jar and mcjtylib-1.8.1.jar into the mod folder, it crashes on load. I've no idea how to read the crash report.

Crash report:
http://textuploader.com/d0dkt

It's trying to register a new villager type, but there might be a conflict with a villager from a different mod. This might be one area where you still have to manually specify ID numbers; check the RFTools config file to see if there's somewhere where it lets you specify a villager ID and try changing it, if so.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
On a FTB Beyond server a friend and I play on, my friend stuck redstone ore and an orechid into a garden cloche and any time you get close you crash. Is there any way to remove that from inside the game? I have admin rights in game but can't do anything on the server itself.

Edit: Figured it out, found the coordinates of the cloche in the crash log and used setblock.

Depends fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 6, 2017

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Depends posted:

On a FTB Beyond server a friend and I play on, my friend stuck redstone ore and an orechid into a garden cloche and any time you get close you crash. Is there any way to remove that from inside the game? I have admin rights in game but can't do anything on the server itself.

Edit: Figured it out, found the coordinates of the cloche in the crash log and used setblock.

Yeah, turns out XU2 does something funky to render them and that causes it to gently caress your client if you're close enough.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is it just me or is Sunstone moronically rare in COTT? I just made a Ring of Liquid Banning and emptied it like 15 times clearing out lava lakes trying to find Sunstone and found a grand total of two of the god damned things after ~2 hours of searching. Finally said to hell with it and cheated in another 2 so I can just make seeds out of them.

Also, are there any good options for autofarming in COTT? I'm using the Actually Additions farmer but it's crap, and the Ender I/O one... ugh having to constantly replace tools in it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 6, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Magres posted:

Is it just me or is Sunstone moronically rare in COTT? I just made a Ring of Liquid Banning and emptied it like 15 times clearing out lava lakes trying to find Sunstone and found a grand total of two of the god damned things after ~2 hours of searching. Finally said to hell with it and cheated in another 2 so I can just make seeds out of them.

Also, are there any good options for autofarming in COTT? I'm using the Actually Additions farmer but it's crap, and the Ender I/O one... ugh having to constantly replace tools in it.

Just hook up a crafter under the i/o one to make hoes.

Or make a paper hoe with unbreakable on all the parts.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Or make a paper hoe with unbreakable on all the parts.

That gets you to like Unbreakable 5 unless you level the thing a bunch

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Magres posted:

That gets you to like Unbreakable 5 unless you level the thing a bunch

I believe there's some way to make it unbreakable fully... Maybe an aiot? I did something to get an unbreakable hoe like a month ago but I can't remember what now.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
It used to be fairly straightforward to get Unbreakable X in TC but I think since the material system revamp you can't do it anymore. IIRC you got a material with unbreakable III and put paper in every other slot.

There are some special materials in extraTiC that make the tool unbreakable if you make the entire tool out of it. Unstable Ingots, for one. I think Bedrockium is another?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I believe there's some way to make it unbreakable fully... Maybe an aiot? I did something to get an unbreakable hoe like a month ago but I can't remember what now.

In 1.10 you can make items that add levels of the durability/unbreakable modifier, I forget the name offhand, with any cast surrounded by eight obsidian. Five of those on a tool makes it unbreakable.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

think the item i made was a Mattock so if you can make one out of 5 paper parts (and i think you can) its unbreakable

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I understand the mechanics, but it's just a little weird/amusing to see "Want an unbreakable tool? Make it out of paper."

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Ak Gara posted:

And this lists the Minecraft version "1.7.10"
https://ftbwiki.org/RFTools
FTBWiki tends to be horribly out of date for most mods, it's not too bad as a general resource but a lot of 1.10 stuff and onwards it just doesn't have.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Wait what is all this cool poo poo in Tinkers Construct now? This is all moon language to me. Do the books actually describe any of this?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Yes. The different ranks of some modifiers takes some extrapolation, though.

That version of FTBWiki doesn't even seem like it's actively maintained anymore. It's missing a whole bunch of 1.10 stuff, including the major FTB pack releases. FTB Beyond and Skyfactory 3 aren't even on the front page, and they've both been out for months at this point.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/FTB_Wiki is more updated. No guarantees it's 100% up to date but it's better than the old FTBWiki.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/8721...agenumber%3D427

Guess they aren't playing GregTech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anyone else run into problems with Extreme/Big Reactor turbines and random crashes when using OC/CC programs to control them in 1.10.2?