Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Sekkira posted:

I read the OP daily, join in on every open world raid, map meta, for HoT, fractal and pvp dailies, guild missions and all wing clears weekly. I am a pro at GW2.

(I actually don't do one of these things, guess which)

I'm guessing.... you don't pro, bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Just a service announcement if you are on Maguuma.

Filthy casual PvE peasants are about to invade the sacred diamond encrusted Halls of WubWub. Obviously you don't want be a casual scrub so join the elite SFD PvP club for Wubwub on Wednesdays and resets on Fridays​.

Orv
May 4, 2011

dad on the rag posted:

Just a service announcement if you are on Maguuma.

Filthy casual PvE peasants are about to invade the sacred diamond encrusted Halls of WubWub. Obviously you don't want be a casual scrub so join the elite SFD PvP club for Wubwub on Wednesdays and resets on Fridays​.

I've only been kind of following, is WvW getting the old PvP system (or something similar) where you could just get ascended stuff for time put in without crafting, after they just took that out of PvP, or did I misread that?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are all the engineer backpacks gun for things like the flamethrower, elixir gun etc or can you get them back some how?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

quote:

06/06/2017 – June 6th Release Notes

World vs. World
As part of the June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack, updates to World vs. World will include improved LFG, new rewards, skirmishing updates, and more.
General

Power of the Mists has been disabled and has been replaced with the new Skirmish Reward UI.
The Standard Enemy Models option beneath Competitive now functions in WvW.

Skirmish Rewards

The WvW Match Overview tab has been reworked to include the new Skirmish reward track.
The Skirmish reward track is progressed by earning pips.
Pips are earned every tick and are awarded based on the following:
Your world’s position during the skirmish (first, second, or third).
Your WvW rank.
Commanding a squad containing at least five people.
Playing on the same world for at least three weeks.
Playing on a map in which you are outnumbered.
Pips cannot be earned if you have recently transferred or if you do not have enough participation.
You must play on a world for an entire match in order to be eligible for earning pips.
Crossing tiers and divisions gives various rewards including Skirmish Claim Tickets (which have replaced Tournament Tickets) that can be used at the Skirmish Supervisor Vendor.
The Skirmish Supervisor Vendor has replaced the Battle Historian on all WvW maps.
This vendor sells ascended and exotic WvW gear, including the brand-new Triumphant Hero’s armor and Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor, along with improvements, tactics, siege, siege decorations, tricks, traps, food, and more.

Match History

The second tab in the WvW Match Overview now displays the war score, victory points, and kill/death statistics throughout the entire match so it’s easier to track how well your world is doing.

Improved LFG

To promote squads and parties in WvW, the party/squad UI will now pop up when entering a WvW map and suggest three squads and three parties to join that are currently listed in World vs. World Squad Play or Party Play. This should make it easier to find other players to play with while in WvW.
This can be disabled by unselecting Automatically Expand LFG Preview.

WvW Legendary Backpack

The legendary WvW backpack Warbringer is now obtainable.
Talk to Commander War Razor in any WvW map to purchase tiers 1 – 4 of the wings.
Commander War Razor now sells the Commander’s Compendium.

Structured Player vs. Player
As part of the June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack, structured Player vs. Player will see PvP League Season 7 updates and changes to the Coliseum map.

General

The Shards of Glory Converter can now be used a consistent five times per day.
Audio cues have been added to capture points.

League Season 7

Season 7 begins June 13.
The Mini Princess Llama has been added to the Llama Mini Choice Box given out in the final Byzantium chest for League Season 7. The llama is also available from the League Vendor, but you must have already unlocked the miniature before purchasing additional ones.
We have revised the number of Ascended Shards of Glory given out in League chests for Season 7 as follows:
Cerulean: 25
Jasper: 50
Saffron: 75
Persimmon: 75
Amaranth: 75
Byzantium (repeatable): 100
The final chests in Persimmon, Amaranth, and Byzantium (not repeatable) now give a box containing one Grandmaster Mark of the player’s choice.
In Season 5, we decreased the volatility during placement matches. This had an unintended effect of making it harder to reach Platinum and Legendary. As such, we’ve revised the tiers for each rank:
|Rank|Min. Rating|Max Rating|
|Bronze|0|899|
|Silver|900|1199|
|Gold|1200|1499|
|Platinum|1500|1799|
|Legendary|1800|———|

League Vendors

Ardent Glorious armor and ascended weapons from PvP League Vendors now include Shards of Glory as part of their cost.
Ascended Salvage Tools have had their PvP League Ticket costs reduced.

Eternal Coliseum

Eternal Coliseum has received a visual update.
Gates have been added around the Sword of Reaping and Shield of Life enhancements that only open after they are captured. This prevents classes with teleports from having too much of an advantage in acquiring the enhancements.
Eternal Coliseum will be added to the Ranked map pool.

Revenge of the Capricorn

Revenge of the Capricorn will be added to the Ranked map pool.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions

A new Magic Carpet Glider is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems.
For two weeks, a different dye kit will return to the Gem Store every day. The Bloodstone Dye Kit has returned today and is available in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
The Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set has returned for a limited time and is found in the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
The Permanent Mystical Dragon Finisher and Permanent Minstrel Finisher have returned for a limited time and are found in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 800 gems each.

Improvements

Six new and exclusive eye colors have been added to Total Makeover Kits, which are available in the Services category of the Gem Store.
The Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock available inside the Black Lion Chest has been updated with over 700 new items.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Orv posted:

I've only been kind of following, is WvW getting the old PvP system (or something similar) where you could just get ascended stuff for time put in without crafting, after they just took that out of PvP, or did I misread that?

I am gonna assume that they are going to copy the current sPvP system and require some crafting now.

E: oh nevermind, patch notes are out

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I am eagerly awaiting screenshots of mistforged triumphant hero's armor.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Trebuchet King posted:

I am eagerly awaiting screenshots of mistforged triumphant hero's armor.

It will look like poo poo. I am eagerly awaiting a gif of the new legendary backpack.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The T3 WvW armor looks good but you have to be upwards of rank 1500 to buy it.

e never mind it's just the t2 set with extra shine and some bits you can't dye.

That rating requirement increases by 100 down the line (2000 for the chest.) Maybe it has a particle effect that doesn't render in the preview?

Adhesive Gamin fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 6, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Maybe it has a particle effect that doesn't render in the preview?

edit: just look at the graphical improvements!

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 6, 2017

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
The chestpieces have those glowy tendrils if you're in combat, so preview them in Combat mode.

Have fun getting to rank 2000!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

space jellyfish

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
literally my fetish

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I'm not even rank 100, how the hell am I gonna get to rank 1500...

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

hm, it's the legs i was most curious about (been anticipating the release of what is now t2, i guess?) so I guess I'll just stick with triumphant hero's as a goal. Thanks, gentle goons.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm rank 30 :banjo:

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Good thing I'm rank 2300. Can't wait to get enough tickets to buy my dumb glowing armor.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I am a little sad over rank gating. I feel that a high badge cost would have been suitable.

E : now is a good time as any to remind people of the wvw exp 10% boost buff from guild hall taverns.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 6, 2017

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
As someone who has hardly touched WvW at all since launch, but very interested in the new rewards, does anybody have any advice on how to get into it? Usually I just find a zerg and follow them around and hope I get cool stuff, is this the right thing to do or am I a complete failure and disappointment?

At work currently but I'm looking forward to playing when I get home :toot:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I went to do some WvW as well last week to unlock the stalwart shoulders, mostly never done it before. Tried now to do some EOTM while queuing for EB and found out that if you stay on Eotm after the match ends it resets and boots you to the character select screen with a network error. Apparently this is common knowledge, but no WvW expert in my guild thought about warning us poor PvE folks about this. So I lost my ~20 spot in the queue and would have to start again at 160. Take this as your warning if you're a WvW noob like me. (and you won't get any new skirmish reward pips in EOTM either.)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

SkullMuffinz posted:

As someone who has hardly touched WvW at all since launch, but very interested in the new rewards, does anybody have any advice on how to get into it? Usually I just find a zerg and follow them around and hope I get cool stuff, is this the right thing to do or am I a complete failure and disappointment?

At work currently but I'm looking forward to playing when I get home :toot:

Yeah basically that's it. You'll want at least soldier's gear for the extra tank, and you'll want to be on Teamspeak/Mumble/whatever your server/server matchup is doing.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm guessing.... you don't pro, bro?

Trick question. I don't do any of those things.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Something with this update somehow broke my account to where it doesn't even register as existing. :iiam:

And getting a hold of support is a royal pain in the dick.

E: And no emails or anything from anet

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 7, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRCltmpEyZI

and I swore I wasn't going to buy gems this week

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
datamined stuff:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Apparently it is possible to AFK farm Bitterfrost as a Necro. How do? I also don't have the autoloot mastery yet :(

Also the streamer Gladomer is in NSP and I was in a zerg with him today. Cool.

lucifirius fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 7, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Glad to see there's still no incentive for anyone who doesn't give a poo poo about PvP or raids.

Perhaps someday, but not today.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Glad to see there's still no incentive for anyone who doesn't give a poo poo about PvP or raids.

what

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

lucifirius posted:

Apparently it is possible to AFK farm Bitterfrost as a Necro. How do? I also don't have the autoloot mastery yet :(

Also the streamer Gladomer is in NSP and I was in a zerg with him today. Cool.

Pretty sure they fixed the AFK farm now, at least the turret farming.

Gladomer is a pretty giant shitler IMO. But there aren't really many GW2 streamers so :shrug:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I had to wait since launch but I finally got my good drop. Just as an impulse, I decided to buy 4 named exotic axes and throw them into the forge - which I have never done before. I got another copy of Jaws of Death i threw in. So I bought 3 more and decided to try again. And I got Tooth of Frostfang. Which is a really strange coincidence since I only a little while ago decided that would be my first legendary I'll start working towards. I guess now I just have no choice but to start really working on it! (although at the moment I'm nowhere near a legendary with about 50 gold in my bank... been crafting another ascended set lately)

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Trolling re precursors is neither new nor nice to do.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

What

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Erdricks posted:

Trolling re precursors is neither new nor nice to do.

Sorry if you took it like that, I was just pretty stoked with getting an actual good drop in this game, something I thought was just a thing of legends.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Alteisen posted:

Honestly, WvW isn't so much a PvP experience like sPvP is. It's more about following a blob and doing blob things like being elementalist and using fire staff 5 and water staff 5 and earth staff 4 as often as possible.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lag in WvWvW last night was pretty terrible.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Alteisen posted:

What

(If you rule out endgame PvE & PvP, what exactly are you expecting to be left?)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Frush posted:

What

(If you rule out endgame PvE & PvP, what exactly are you expecting to be left?)

There's still great content in the LS3 zones. Bloodstone fen owns, Lake Doric owns, bitterfrost is okay.

I mean, I still do AB meta events more than any other content in the game, and my second favorite thing is Silverwastes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

jokes posted:

There's still great content in the LS3 zones. Bloodstone fen owns, Lake Doric owns, bitterfrost is okay.

I mean, I still do AB meta events more than any other content in the game, and my second favorite thing is Silverwastes.

Same, but let's be fair, we have gotten all those things while WvW sat there stagnant.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
my fav part is alteisen whining (again) about raids when this patch didn't touch raids at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I still despise the concept of raids and wish they've never been added, but my Thursday Night Late Night Casual Hero Squad raids have been fantastically successful, low stress, low pressure, fun as poo poo, and lets us whiny casual babbies experience that content. As well, there's a massive amount of content available outside of raids and sPvP (which hasn't had major work in ages) and WvW (which hasn't had major work in ages), all the new living story zones, world bosses, zone metas, fractals, there is such a monumental amount of content to do that there is no way anyone is doing it all.

So, basically, Alteisen, put up or shut up.

• Locked thread