Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the stamp quest was loving hilarious lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat route A, now im playing a character that is less about the amazing melee combat and more about the plain as white bread shooty segments..i care about the story enough to press on but im really hoping it gets better

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you like the second tutorial thing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

i beat route A, now im playing a character that is less about the amazing melee combat and more about the plain as white bread shooty segments..i care about the story enough to press on but im really hoping it gets better

It does although I never really care for the minigame attack

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

it does get better! I didn't like the shooty bits at first, but they wound up growing on me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if there's a bit of the ol Yoko Taro style in that 9S's hacking stuff isn't as fun as normal melee (extremebuff probably don't read this) because he hates it and it doesn't make him jizz + cum like fighting does, so you should find it as unfulfilling as he does

I still enjoyed it mostly though. I found the shmup sections way more boring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the hacking and the shmup segments

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

actually hacking bosses and stuff is cool cause you get some pretty neat little shooter segments out of it!

the actual 'modern' schmup bits have all been really boring lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I love how the music goes retro mode in the hacking bits.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im finding that im just completely running over everything in the combat, but it's so satisfying to blow everything up that i dont mind. its like how zelda combat is really easy but it also *feels* really satisfying so who cares

cranking up the difficulty doesn't really help. i maybe expected too much and thought enemies would behave completely differently but all that changes is that you die in 1-2 hits instead of 4-6, punishing any slip-up with a huge time loss and this might be gamer sacrilege but i think thats just annoying not hard

im liking the schmup segments more because those are genuinely challenging and there's a bit of excitement, wondering what layout i'll get when i hack into the crazy anime bosses. im having trouble putting this down even in this second playthrough lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
schmup

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I hated 9s's melee stuff until I started using a spear and bracers.

It's dumb the way he throws swords in a huge arc all the time and it don't hit a drat thing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

i hate this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

extremebuff posted:

im finding that im just completely running over everything in the combat, but it's so satisfying to blow everything up that i dont mind. its like how zelda combat is really easy but it also *feels* really satisfying so who cares

cranking up the difficulty doesn't really help. i maybe expected too much and thought enemies would behave completely differently but all that changes is that you die in 1-2 hits instead of 4-6, punishing any slip-up with a huge time loss and this might be gamer sacrilege but i think thats just annoying not hard

im liking the schmup segments more because those are genuinely challenging and there's a bit of excitement, wondering what layout i'll get when i hack into the crazy anime bosses. im having trouble putting this down even in this second playthrough lol

yeah one of the constant / main complaints is that there's just no good balance on difficulty - normal is too easy in most places and hard starts to get into unfun territory, so you're not alone on that. good to hear you're enjoying tho!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

By the end of the game Normal provides a good challenge because the game will really suddenly ramp up assuming you've been doing sidequests or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a stupid bug happened in one of the final climactic scenes where i couldn't move, in the bunker you're supposed to have 2d left-right movement and for some reason i got locked into moving up and down against the walls. tried everything and couldn't fix it.

and because the devs have some sort of hate towards auto-save and checkpoints when i restarted i was set back an hour+. ill try this again in a few weeks but god that pissed me off

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I got ending E last night, I think I'm in love.

2B is real. Yoko Taro is real. Nines is real and strong and he's my friend.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the twinstick twirler segments were ok for awhile but the patterns start to repeat and they aren't hard most of them you just rotate aroudn the screen counter clockwise. i upgraded one of the giant swords to 5 on route b and just spammed the dash attack instead most of the time :cool: altho using a fist weapon upgraded to 5 would also probably work since theyre so fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hmm in the third act of the game theres a ton of new enemy behaviors and you get control of an even sexier 2b that can taunt to triple damage going both ways, the real game starts here.

is there something specific i need to do to gain access to the sealed doors with apologetic bots around the world or can i enter those eventually? im just afraid of getting locked out of accessing them at some point

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm pretty sure they're the dlc arenas but idk since i didn't buy the dlc or check on them more than once

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
yes those are the dlc arenas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah htyer the dlc arenas.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

yes those are the dlc arenas

wow thats loving lame ive been wondering when i'd be able to enter them the entire game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

extremebuff posted:

wow thats loving lame ive been wondering when i'd be able to enter them the entire game

the robots did warn you that you'd be mad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

the robots did warn you that you'd be mad

lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/871777310843830277

We continue to not deserve yoko taro

e: yeah obviously dont read without having beaten the game

bump_fn fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 7, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Literally the first question:

Waypoint: This might seem like a strange question, but your stories are full of dark themes and unsettling stories—cannibalism, murder, death, suicide. In the real world, what makes you happy?

Taro: Maybe it was the time I was told, "I've always liked you YOKO san" by a girl. However, because things like that don't happen too often in the real world, I mainly find happiness in food. When I'm able to eat cheap and delicious food, like ramen and beef bowls, I can't stop but to think, "Ah, what a great era I was born in." But to be honest, I want a girl to tell me, "I've always liked you YOKO san."

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

uh so this interview contains what i assume is a pretty huge spoiler about 'Pascal' so maybe don't be like me and read it and be blindsided if you havent played Nier:A

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

they made all the voice actors go on stage at E3 wearing white wigs and fight the secret boss over and over while Emil's shop music constantly looped and the audience left in droves

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they made all the voice actors go on stage at E3 wearing white wigs and fight the secret boss over and over while Emil's shop music constantly looped and the audience left in droves

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is there a japanese version of emil shop song

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

:(

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

there's not one in the 6 hour ost on youtube

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

yeah it's on the OST (pm me) but in this poster's opinion it's not as cute and improv-ey as the english one t.b.h.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
I enjoy that 2B's eng voice actress started her careerdoing lovely anime flashes on newgrounds.com

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Newgrounds FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Newgrounds FTW

• Locked thread