Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wark Say posted:

I've been writing most of mine to the best of my extent ever since I was like 13. Most dreams tend to be really "Eh", but every once in a while (especially if I ate a gringa for dinner), I have a funky dream that leads me to write a cool song/instrumental. And sometimes, lovely fan-fiction that I'll never ever publish, even if I like some of the doofier ideas.

Oh, and this is a gringa (just so there are no misunderstandings):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4T3tMkjRig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Wark Say posted:

I've been writing most of mine to the best of my extent ever since I was like 13. Most dreams tend to be really "Eh", but every once in a while (especially if I ate a gringa for dinner), I have a funky dream that leads me to write a cool song/instrumental. And sometimes, lovely fan-fiction that I'll never ever publish, even if I like some of the doofier ideas.
Heh, you ate a--

Wark Say posted:

Oh, and this is a gringa (just so there are no misunderstandings):

God dammit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:allears:

Julias posted:

:same: also that looks delicious.
It's pretty drat tasty, and most taco stands here in Northeast México start serving them after 5:30/6:00 PM! Unfortunately, because it's pork, if you don't eat in moderation, it fucks with your stomach something fierce.

Super No Vacancy posted:

oooh wark you sa-ay
Two of the least lovely ideas I've had for fan-fics are Yui X Hikki

Huzzah! posted:

The Secret Fan-Fic Files of Wark Say™
I think some time ago I posted a weird "What if" idea about a Street Fighter anime, but done by KyoAni, DogaKobo or PA Works (one of those studios that does "Slice of Life / Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" basically as a calling card), where the plot of Street Fighter Zero 2/3 gets expedited into Ryu defeating Bison for good because Ingrid traveled into the past earlier and started pestering Ryu non-stop. Ryu gets to train with her, smokes Bison and loses all desire to become "A True Warrior" and every other character just... gets to do other stuff. Funnily enough, I actually put a small amount of effort into fleshing out some of the "after-stories":

• Charlie lives, but throws himself into battlefields world-wide because he doesn't know any other life. He meets Cammy in one of these operations and takes her under his wing.
  • Guile and Ken constantly talk poo poo about each other despite the fact that they actually get along very well.
  • Sakura becomes a boring high-school girl, and both she along with Karin constantly pester Ryu to go back to his old self because I find it inherently hilarious making Ryu miserable this way.
  • Dhalsim becomes bemused at the fact that Yoga has become mainstream, but rolls with the punches because that way, he can help his community (Dhalsim is a bro)
  • Honda becomes a member of the IOC.
  • Chun-Li becomes a REMF at the ICPO after apprehending Vega by stunning him in the balls. She actually kinda likes being behind a desk more and taking no guff.
  • Zangief becomes part of WWE and marries Stephanie McMahon because at heart I'm a cheesy 10-year old boy that cannot get enough of Wrestling / Lucha Libre
  • Blanka and Dan start going out. It's very cute.
  • Fei-Long transitions into action/comedy (growing up I was always more partial to Jackie Chan than Bruce Lee)
  • T. Hawk transitions into Lucha Libre (see Zangief)
  • Sagat nips the CrossFit bug in the bud and goes into MMA to find solace in the fact that Ryu punked out. Adon keeps getting poo poo-on for being an irritable douche-drinker.
  • Balrog gets forced to retire from box after he nearly kills a guy and his wife off the ring. Becomes drinking buddies with Birdie and both start working as bouncers.
  • Rose becomes a boring Fortune Teller
  • Dee Jay sells out and people give him poo poo for that because I secretly wish i was Jeph Jacques.
  • Mika becomes really big abroad as a representative of puroresu. Discovers Alex in one of her travels abroad
  • Final Fight still happens. Mike Haggar becomes a presidential candidate hopeful. Cody and Jessica actually marry and so does Guy with Maki's sister.
  • Gen kills Akuma because he's an irascible old man whot thought that Akuma was getting a little too big for his britches. Gen spends most of his days pestering Chun-Li who constantly tells him to get off her case, so Gen spends his remaining days bothering the younger Yun and Yang and generally acting like a nosy grandpa.
  • Because he's burned out on fighting beyond repair, Ken recommends Ryu to start taking Night / Online school courses. And while he does well for the most part, people like Karin and Sakura just can't leave him alone and at this point my daughter said that "Hey, aren't Sakura and Karin at this point basically an extremely unsubtle dig at Genos?" because my daughter is a smartypants.

So yeah. That's why sometimes I don't post 'round these parts in a while.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And now that I've revealed my shame to you venerable goons and goonettes, please feel free to mock me as you see fit. The anesthesia for the fillings I got from the dentist today still has me in a bit of a stupor, so go wild.

If you are filled with contempt by my poo poo-posting, I recommend stand-up comedians replying back to hecklers in awesome ways.

Good night. :cripes:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Uh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is a place for open and honest feelings and vulnerability, thank you for your post

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the post was long so i didn't read it

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im gay

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

lets hang out posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
read my fanfic about aile from mega man zx advent going on dates with her boss

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

:negative:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

xd

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

I assume it is longer than that Smash Bros or whatever it was fanfic that is longer than some small town libraries.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lets hang out posted:

same

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

I assume it is longer than that Smash Bros or whatever it was fanfic that is longer than some small town libraries.

got a lot of years between the end of zx advent and the beginning of legends, lot of time to spend hanging out

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everything Burrito posted:

a kitten, stop trying to tempt me to spend money :argh:
those are good sales tho

:retrogames:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

:allears:

It's pretty drat tasty, and most taco stands here in Northeast México start serving them after 5:30/6:00 PM! Unfortunately, because it's pork, if you don't eat in moderation, it fucks with your stomach something fierce.

Two of the least lovely ideas I've had for fan-fics are Yui X Hikki

I think some time ago I posted a weird "What if" idea about a Street Fighter anime, but done by KyoAni, DogaKobo or PA Works (one of those studios that does "Slice of Life / Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" basically as a calling card), where the plot of Street Fighter Zero 2/3 gets expedited into Ryu defeating Bison for good because Ingrid traveled into the past earlier and started pestering Ryu non-stop. Ryu gets to train with her, smokes Bison and loses all desire to become "A True Warrior" and every other character just... gets to do other stuff. Funnily enough, I actually put a small amount of effort into fleshing out some of the "after-stories":

• Charlie lives, but throws himself into battlefields world-wide because he doesn't know any other life. He meets Cammy in one of these operations and takes her under his wing.
  • Guile and Ken constantly talk poo poo about each other despite the fact that they actually get along very well.
  • Sakura becomes a boring high-school girl, and both she along with Karin constantly pester Ryu to go back to his old self because I find it inherently hilarious making Ryu miserable this way.
  • Dhalsim becomes bemused at the fact that Yoga has become mainstream, but rolls with the punches because that way, he can help his community (Dhalsim is a bro)
  • Honda becomes a member of the IOC.
  • Chun-Li becomes a REMF at the ICPO after apprehending Vega by stunning him in the balls. She actually kinda likes being behind a desk more and taking no guff.
  • Zangief becomes part of WWE and marries Stephanie McMahon because at heart I'm a cheesy 10-year old boy that cannot get enough of Wrestling / Lucha Libre
  • Blanka and Dan start going out. It's very cute.
  • Fei-Long transitions into action/comedy (growing up I was always more partial to Jackie Chan than Bruce Lee)
  • T. Hawk transitions into Lucha Libre (see Zangief)
  • Sagat nips the CrossFit bug in the bud and goes into MMA to find solace in the fact that Ryu punked out. Adon keeps getting poo poo-on for being an irritable douche-drinker.
  • Balrog gets forced to retire from box after he nearly kills a guy and his wife off the ring. Becomes drinking buddies with Birdie and both start working as bouncers.
  • Rose becomes a boring Fortune Teller
  • Dee Jay sells out and people give him poo poo for that because I secretly wish i was Jeph Jacques.
  • Mika becomes really big abroad as a representative of puroresu. Discovers Alex in one of her travels abroad
  • Final Fight still happens. Mike Haggar becomes a presidential candidate hopeful. Cody and Jessica actually marry and so does Guy with Maki's sister.
  • Gen kills Akuma because he's an irascible old man whot thought that Akuma was getting a little too big for his britches. Gen spends most of his days pestering Chun-Li who constantly tells him to get off her case, so Gen spends his remaining days bothering the younger Yun and Yang and generally acting like a nosy grandpa.
  • Because he's burned out on fighting beyond repair, Ken recommends Ryu to start taking Night / Online school courses. And while he does well for the most part, people like Karin and Sakura just can't leave him alone and at this point my daughter said that "Hey, aren't Sakura and Karin at this point basically an extremely unsubtle dig at Genos?" because my daughter is a smartypants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dan and blanka what the

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

stun my balls

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think you've been smoking too much bison wark say

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

maybe watch the movie for yourself and form opinions based on that instead of basing your opinions on random snippets of conversations from other people

hearing someone else's opinion on a thing isn't the same as having actual thoughts on a thing, and i wish people would stop pretending it is. the movie doesn't 'change' anything and the show literally has no ending without it, but some people don't get what it's going for so they say it's just a weird au thing.

the series definitely has an ending

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

are you the boss

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
and if not why not

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DoubleDonut posted:

and if not why not

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's a cool coat.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lets hang out posted:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL8HZ5MPvfM

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hey guys

trails in the sky 3 is a pretty good game

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzTepK9Wv4

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's actually pretty cute and fun, though I'll be honest that I don't see how a guy like Dan and a semi-feral electrical beast man get along together, but hey, I've heard of plenty weirder.

Honestly the most offensive part of your post was

Wark Say posted:

So what if you're a bit eccentric? You're still a cool dude in my book, and don't be afraid of what other nerds think about you.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm not afraid to say it... I like Wark Say

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is a place for open and honest feelings and vulnerability, thank you for your post

homeless snail posted:

I'm not afraid to say it... I like Wark Say
Thanks QFG the 2nd and Homeless Snail. You're both good dudes. :)

GorfZaplen posted:

I think you've been smoking too much bison wark say
Fuddy duddy!

Motto posted:

stun my balls
I remember watching a show or movie where they did that and, while no doubt it's painful as hell in real life, I found it incredibly hilarious. I think it was 21 Jump Street?

Julias posted:

That's actually pretty cute and fun, though I'll be honest that I don't see how a guy like Dan and a semi-feral electrical beast man get along together, but hey, I've heard of plenty weirder.

So what if you're a bit eccentric? You're still a cool dude in my book, and don't be afraid of what other nerds think about you.
If I don't misremember, Dan and Blanka have been portrayed as best friends ever since they appeared in SFZ3 together.

And thanks. :)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Blanka hangs out at Dan's dojo with Sakura in SF4, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hata has obtained a drone? She has become too powerful.

• Locked thread