Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

that would make BW incredibly deep with a ton of cool matchups at the top.

I don't think guys who are just good at 125 all automatically just hang in at 10lbs heavier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Who are the big shots left at the UFC other than Dana and the matchmakers? Like, rumour was that Lorenzo Fertitta used to be the good cop to Dana's bad cop and would smooth over the relationships with the people he would beef with, along with doing his CEO things. I wonder who's stepped into that role now, if anyone.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

There is some Brazilian steroid that makes all the men look alike. JDS and jacare and a few others I can't remember have cyborgs same huge lips and puffy eyes. Bigfoot looks like this too but he has a legit glandular disorder.

its probably the same steroid that makes asian people all have dark hair and lactose intolerance

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://streamable.com/qwfio

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

kimbo305 posted:

I don't think guys who are just good at 125 all automatically just hang in at 10lbs heavier.

mm would be champ after his first fight, joe and cejudo would be top 10, couple more top 15, couple more hanging around unranked because their fun. that deepens the division significantly.

poo poo that guy who i've never seen and who i don't remember just humiliated alcantara lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i dont think mm would have an easy time getting through tj or cody

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont think mm would have an easy time getting through tj or cody

maybe not. i'm going off mmath of dom that beat tj being roughly as good as the one who dropped rounds to a still-working-day-job mm. cody still dropped round/s to dom. i think this version of mm would be too fast and too technically good for any of them by a significant margin.

can't wait to find out if i'm right.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
id love to see both those fights at either weight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

same

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skip My Posts posted:

id love to see both those fights at either weight

word

If this is what comes out of this and MM becomes the third or whatever multi division champ then somehow we're on the best MMA timeline

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

kimbo305 posted:

well yeah, i don't think most of them would be as good, but i think the four i mentioned are really good and would be in the top 15--DJ/benavidez/cejudo/elliott. borg/formiga/reis/pettis would have a hard time cracking the top 15 at bantam i think.

and DJ is the only one i could see in the top five

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

cool.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like how Cody pulls and bobs his head till he gets a reaction, then makes like he's going to jerk back but suddenly comes instead and sticks all over Dom.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Memento posted:

word

If this is what comes out of this and MM becomes the third or whatever multi division champ then somehow we're on the best MMA timeline

Or, alternatively, flyweight is already cool and good, MM could be a multi division champ without shuttering it, and any response to a rumor of a shutdown besides "that's loving dumb" makes you a moron

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Or, alternatively, flyweight is already cool and good, MM could be a multi division champ without shuttering it, and any response to a rumor of a shutdown besides "that's loving dumb" makes you a moron

True

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

CommonShore posted:

I like how Cody pulls and bobs his head till he gets a reaction, then makes like he's going to jerk back but suddenly comes instead and sticks all over Dom.

cody couldnt put it any better

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kimbo305 posted:

Right, and being ranked at a weight 10 pounds heavier doesn't automatically make you better than the ranked guys a weight class below. See: DJ, Dodson, Cerronne, Gastelum, Frankie, BJ, Faber, Nate Diaz, Whittaker, hell even baby Sherk has one of the best records in WW history.

Ignoring terrible matchups (poo poo like GSP v Romero), I'd say on average the top 5 guys in a weight class can go up a weight class and still be top 10, at least for a little while. For now, skill is still more important than size in MMA. In 10 years almost everybody will be technical in every area and I'd expect to see a lot less changing of weight classes, with size becoming a bigger differentiating factor.

tesilential fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 7, 2017

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Lineker is substantially smaller, like by a full three inches (That's the height difference between JDS and Michael Bisping), has fought at featherweight (or tried to) 8 times, and has missed weight fully half those times

Lol, height doesn't matter. There are 5'9" bantamweights and 5'9" heavyweights. Lineker is bigger than TJ..

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

CommonShore posted:

such a fluid motion

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
listening to tj on brett okamoto's espn podcast thing he sounds pretty sure that he can make the weight and is willing to give mm his purse or whatever bullshit he's demanding

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Skip My Posts posted:

listening to tj on brett okamoto's espn podcast thing he sounds pretty sure that he can make the weight and is willing to give mm his purse or whatever bullshit he's demanding

wish we would have heard of this about a page ago

also if someone could break down how ppv points work again, i think that'd be helpful

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Skip My Posts posted:

Thats not his call though

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tyree posted:

Thats not his call though

he said he would pay it personally but that's probably just talk

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

also if someone could break down how ppv points work again, i think that'd be helpful

are those kinds of posts draws?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

blow me dick

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiR2zTI3EJw&t=69s

lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Max with the big respect

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVC8uKOhJan/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Acai with powered milk and cashews for everyone

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

This needs to be a thread title.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Skip My Posts posted:

blow me dick

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Bluedeanie posted:

lmfao its like the whole post was a fake out to just insult the whole country with that one line.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sincerely hoping Derrick Lewis, aka, the Black Beast, remembers to take a poo poo before fighting on Saturday.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
He's smarter in type than in speech. Or maybe he can afford a secretary now. good for him, for the great fighting.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Asked a guy for a spot at the gym today. It was our old friend Matt Riddle. Being the sociable person I am I didn't acknowledge that I knew who he was but he's looking awfully jacked and has a great head of hair!

mewse
May 2, 2006

You should have told him you admired his cutting edge utilization of shadow boxing during an actual fight, and then you should have ran away

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ty1990 posted:

Asked a guy for a spot at the gym today. It was our old friend Matt Riddle. Being the sociable person I am I didn't acknowledge that I knew who he was but he's looking awfully jacked and has a great head of hair!

he's doing so well as an indy wrestler, he regularly books himself for multiple shows on the same day and has to back out of 1 or more because he's still Matt Riddle

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nierbo posted:

lmfao its like the whole post was a fake out to just insult the whole country with that one line.

He sincerely loves it. Talked about it a ton during his post fight interview.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Ah I see. Out of context thats funny though. When I think of acai I think of big nogs purple hat that he would wear just about everywhere.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tons of Brazilian dudes had that sponsor and wore that purple hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Uncle Dana's bullying is not just limited to his employees:
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/15753768/dana-white-buying-up-houses-in-tournament-hill-neighborhood-bulldozing-them

• Locked thread