Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Try Pochinki instead if you're not confident of coming out on top at the school, you've got a little more space to maneuver there. The school is a cage match, no matter how many people drop in there's likely only going to be one person coming out and most people are going to be dead within a minute of touching down.

School is a loving riot with a shotgun.

I could phrase this better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agoat posted:

School is a loving riot with a shotgun.

I could phrase this better.

PlayerUnknown's Day of Retribution

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
recently we've been landing in the school pretty much every time, i hope I'm not on some kind of list now

had a funny duo match recently where we were fighting another group at 5 left, and after killing them, started frantically searching for the last guy while desperately healing up

turns out he was camping prone like 15 meters behind us just behind a small slope, paralyzed by fear the entire time. dude, just backstab us when you see the first person go down! or at least attack us while we're healing, jeez. anyway we easily mowed him down 2v1

lesson: being a coward is fine but you (usually) kinda still have to kill the last group/dude to win

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

As soon as some goon sighs and bitches about something they never realize that they just lost the game for their team.

I'd just shoot the guy! That's why firendly fire is in the game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

5 kills, just ran over a dude and grabbed an AR silencer, SKS with full attachments + Silencer off him too, full meds & ammo & boosts for end game, 30 people left. Get on motorcycle to head to the circle.

Immediately face plant the bike and die. Ahhh!!! Second night in a row I had great kit and couldn't resist the allure of the bike. The siren call of the suicide machine.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Willfrey posted:

Nothing is more satisfying than killing the early shotty rusher with a jumping-head-punch after he just ghosted your squadmate

Thanks for having my back there, those were some really tense early moments.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
as for the lag yeah the game model means it starts with 100 people in there but thats when everyone is looting and eventually as poo poo gets real the numbers drop and the performance can go up.

by the end its silky smooth, right when you need it to GRAB THAT CHICKEN

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

When you die are you still able to hear shots near you? I was murdered in a solo today by someone that was next to me and I couldn't see, except he got a second kill right after and I didn't hear any of the shots.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Stan Taylor posted:

I watched grimz play a few games and was pumped to try a full aggro run. I landed on the roof of the school after three other guys and got beat to death with a crowbar in under 20 seconds.

If there are 3\4 different guys landing on the roof with me I usually just gun it for the stairs or one of the hatches and try to pick up a gun inside the school and then maybe run up to shoot someone (though people usually just jump down from the roof of the school to the ground floor and gently caress off).

When there are too many people on the roof even you do beat someone else for the gun it's still likely there would be another guy on the other side of the roof picking a gun and then it's a crapshoot whether you'll even notice that particular guy or not.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
control your chute

dont land where 3 guys just landed. if it were me and we're coming down on the school and I just see like 2 people land on the roof, ill move and come in hard at one of the doors on the first floor (i guess you need to know where the doors are, drop more at the school and learn!), run the gently caress inside and grab the first thing I see and then sprint up to the roof and try and kill those cockroaches before they scurry away into hiding

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Tony Montana posted:

control your chute

dont land where 3 guys just landed. if it were me and we're coming down on the school and I just see like 2 people land on the roof, ill move and come in hard at one of the doors on the first floor (i guess you need to know where the doors are, drop more at the school and learn!), run the gently caress inside and grab the first thing I see and then sprint up to the roof and try and kill those cockroaches before they scurry away into hiding

That's not very different than just landing on the roof and dropping to the top floor from any of the 4 exits, imo.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
but there are 3 guys there. theyll see you and follow you and kill you before youve got a gun. what im saying is if there is a pile of guys there, dont jump into that, get a gun and the quickly find them again before they disperse

but you gotta be quick, as in grab a pistol and sprint up the stairs quick, otherwise you've lost the advantage of knowing where they are

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Person sees a closed shack just outside the newly refreshed restricted area.
Person sees a corpse just outside that shack.
Person decides to loot that corpse with the back exposed to the shack's door.

I honestly cannot understand the thought process.

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

i dont care about report card
I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR

Loopoo posted:

I've shot people on three separate occasions with a pump action shotgun, point blank, and had them shrug it off. So now I don't bother with shotguns cause I always get wrecked with them

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleDrabFriseeKappa

I've shot a guy 3x with the saiga and it didn't do poo poo. shotguns are pretty worthless now

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

i dont care about report card
I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR

Trabisnikof posted:

If you open the chute yourself at just the last second and you're going super fast you'll fall further before your chute opens. But if you let the game auto-open it then you end up higher.

what the hell. I hope they fix all of this weird exploitable secret bs

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the entire game is one gotcha after the other. nothing is explained.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

pelswick posted:

what the hell. I hope they fix all of this weird exploitable secret bs

It's no longer true.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

pelswick posted:

I've shot a guy 3x with the saiga and it didn't do poo poo. shotguns are pretty worthless now

The Saiga has always been poo poo.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Yodzilla posted:

uhh, i get better performance out of the saiga that i do with the pump.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
shotguns in this game actually have pellets and it's really, really each to miss shots (or most of a shot) especially if you use a choke

they still one-shot up to at LEAST armor 1 so it's not the shotgun, it's you

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I've been oneshot before with the Saiga in full gear.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

In the realm of "I did something dumb," I once spent a few minutes looting through a house in a duo game that had 5 boxes in it, thinking nothing of it. Open a bathroom door and there are another two boxes and a guy in the corner. Took me a second to realize that he's not a corpse, and I guess he wasn't paying attention either, cause I was able to just shoot him in the face.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
corpses despawn pretty quickly so get in the habit of shooting every body you see

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

XyrlocShammypants posted:

That guy is an aberration. A monster. You can't replicate his destruction

You can play aggro as hell and have it work out, but if you land with somebody and don' t have backup, it's pretty much a crapshoot who walks out of there given the lag that tends to hit your first couple of actions.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Shotguns are like sniper rifles. Every video you watch they one shot and don't have bullet drop, but every time you get one you die because it doesn't work like in the movies.

Video games.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they for sure shortened the range on the shotguns. I posted a video not long ago where I was tagging people pretty far away with the double barrel, but now you can't do that and I died

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doorknob Slobber posted:

they for sure shortened the range on the shotguns. I posted a video not long ago where I was tagging people pretty far away with the double barrel, but now you can't do that and I died

I killed a totally unarmored person in 3 over/under shots (no choke) from 2 rooftops away in North Georgopol post patch, they still hurt. What they might have done is decreased the per-pellet damage but maybe upped the multiplier for multiple pellets hitting? It seems like if you land a full load of shot, people go down just as fast as they ever did.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I love shotguns. If I land and I see one I will always pick it up and then immediately run and look for bad guys to kill.

I almost always trade it for an SMG later on though if only because I prefer SMGs and think they are a little more forgiving. But shotguns rule the very early part of the game.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

I love shotguns. If I land and I see one I will always pick it up and then immediately run and look for bad guys to kill.

I almost always trade it for an SMG later on though if only because I prefer SMGs and think they are a little more forgiving. But shotguns rule the very early part of the game.

I can guarantee that if I drop a shotgun, I will end in a situation where if I had one I'd be alive if I kept it. Last night, found a K98 and a 8x scope, I'm shifting inventory around to make room for it and hear someone coming. I take out my AKM, set it to auto and a dude walks in. I open up on him and somehow miss most shots and I die. Staring at my shotgun sitting on the floor.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I'm so dangerous in this game that I am confident enough to just grab the first gun when I land and start killing. p92? Kar98? Who cares! Join me, stop gun discrimination!

Actually kar98 was rough on school to start but made me want a civil war mode where everyone gets kar98s with no scopes and red or blue shirts and one side starts on the north and one side starts on the south. No first aid. Goal is to take the school or something.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm so dangerous in this game that I am confident enough to just grab the first gun when I land and start killing

This. I wish to god a guy on our squad would have this mentality. He doesn't believe he really has a gun until he has an AR or Sniper. We'll be screaming in Discord about getting into fist fights and he'll say he doesn't have a gun 'only a shotgun'.

This is the thread to complain about teammates and friends who play this game with you right?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My performance in the game is pretty gear-independent. I call my top tier strategy "hide-and-die". I've reached an existential plateau where mundane and corporeal things such as helmets, vests and weapons no longer offer me any advantage.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Waypoint almost won a duo yesterday with one rifle, one vest, one helmet and no backpack combined for the entire game. You can do anything in this game.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Did they stealth increase the damage that explosives do or was I just not paying attention and its in one of the recent patch notes?

I feel like frags and now car explosion kills are super common when it felt like a week ago I was able to literally sit on a grenade and take no damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_D_ldpg0ws

Red Zone explosions continue to be a joke though as those will go off right next to me and nothing will happen.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Found an 8x scope for the first time ever the other night, put it on my m16 and suddenly I tried shooting everyone no matter where they were. I scored a killer headshot on a guy driving a car but ended up getting into firefights I shouldn't have solely because I had a huge scope. That thing makes you feel like a god :smith:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ice Fist posted:

This. I wish to god a guy on our squad would have this mentality. He doesn't believe he really has a gun until he has an AR or Sniper. We'll be screaming in Discord about getting into fist fights and he'll say he doesn't have a gun 'only a shotgun'.

This is the thread to complain about teammates and friends who play this game with you right?

To be honest I feel that way when I have only a handgun, especially the revolver.

IceOrb posted:

I feel like frags and now car explosion kills are super common when it felt like a week ago I was able to literally sit on a grenade and take no damage.

Frags are still a bit fucky.
https://streamable.com/c34ga

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Party Plane Jones posted:

To be honest I feel that way when I have only a handgun, especially the revolver.

Every handgun is fine for killing, even the revolver (although noticeably less fine than the others)

Remember to push X to put your gun away and start punching if you burn through the only clip you picked up. If you're landing in an urban area and someone is within a few houses and you aren't picking up the first gun you see and then hunting them you're doing it wrong

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Every handgun is fine for killing, even the revolver (although noticeably less fine than the others)

Especially in the very early game when almost nobody has armor unless they got super lucky.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Badfinger posted:

Waypoint almost won a duo yesterday with one rifle, one vest, one helmet and no backpack combined for the entire game. You can do anything in this game.

Yeah if there's one thing I really like about this game it's that the tier 3 stuff only gives you a slight edge. The only thing that gives a huge advantage are things that are easy enough to find like optics or rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Holy hell how can you be so wrong? S12K with an extended mag is amazing for close range/building entry.

• Locked thread