Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There is but for lack of a link just tell me what you want on it. The answer is 99% likely to be yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This game looks loving insanely good on a top of the line pc

I can't wait to see what these guys work on next, Vermintide or otherwise

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Arghy posted:

Is there a list of potential trait combos for the newer weapons? I want to optimize my repeater crossbow and warpick after i get the rapier to its golden stats.

You can either use this spreadsheet or this easy-to-use tool someone made on the Vermintide subreddit for this purpose.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Holy crap RG(N)+HoD+clip size on the repeater Xbow, RG(N)+KB(N)+OB on the mining pick. I can't wait to spend thousands of orange dust to get these haha.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

As an owner of a Regrowth Normal, Killing Blow Normal, Off Balance pick:

Everyone wants one. Everyone.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Unless they have the red one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've only just now gotten around to using the soldier's repeater pistol after the recent buff and this thing is disgustingly good at taking out stormvermin even on nightmare. the game spawned a patrol basically right on us when we were in a dead end nook and i killed like 6 immediately just from one magazine unload

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

KB(N) rapier is ffffffffucknuts, every other rat is just exploding and SV go pop from you tickling their bellies. Whats hosed is mine is only KB(N)+RG(C)+OB so i gotta charge attack rats to regain health but once i get RG(N) thats pretty much going to be the end.

Does HoD proc on the repeaters 3 shot fire mode? wondering if its broken like HoD on the beam staff.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Arghy posted:

KB(N) rapier is ffffffffucknuts, every other rat is just exploding and SV go pop from you tickling their bellies. Whats hosed is mine is only KB(N)+RG(C)+OB so i gotta charge attack rats to regain health but once i get RG(N) thats pretty much going to be the end.

Does HoD proc on the repeaters 3 shot fire mode? wondering if its broken like HoD on the beam staff.

The repeating crossbow? It works. If you fire it at a wall, you can see it make a spread of 6 bolts sometimes.

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone
Hi friends, I haven't played this game since about the time the very first dlc popped and back then I seem to recall that a very few weapons were usable and the rest was pretty poo poo. Have they gotten around to balance stuff more?

Anything else that would be nice to know too would be appreciated

edit: DLCs: do I need them should I get them

sepia fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 25, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pretty much all weapons are usable and fun now up to Nightmare.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

sepia posted:

Hi friends, I haven't played this game since about the time the very first dlc popped and back then I seem to recall that a very few weapons were usable and the rest was pretty poo poo. Have they gotten around to balance stuff more?

Anything else that would be nice to know too would be appreciated

edit: DLCs: do I need them should I get them

If you play with a group of people that have the DLC you will be able to play the maps. However you won't be able to get the weapon drops, or the daily contracts for those levels. Check them out and see if you like them. I feel they are worth it though.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you can actually get the weapon drops

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nobody asked for it, but I did make it laddies. I've put up quick and dirty videos of the dialogue in Stromdorf's two maps, laddies. The Courier is bland, ratties, but Reaching Out has all the choice bits, as you might expect laddies. Here you go laddies, 20 minutes more of loads of dialogue that, hey, at least this poo poo plays. The ratties over at fatshark sure know what's up, but I do find it amusing how their Text/Subtitle QA is getting worse.

The Courier
Reaching Out

Key bits from Reaching Out are that High Elves loving suck (who knew), Saltzpyre, a necromancer, and a kidnapping ring, and Kruber naked with Volkmar the Grim.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 26, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
High Elves > Hippie Elves, but that's not saying much.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
I will forever live on through this and I am completely fine with this.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rolled KB(n)+scav+OB on my warpick and i figured i'd run with it and use my red handgun for its BL to heal. Its a loving beast i out performed a KB(N) rapier. Is it possible for KB to trigger on multiple rats or is it only once?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Got KB/Swift Slaying on dual swords and HoD/Bloodlust on hagbane, is that good enough to play elf now

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If your not playing with the improved bot mod you need to stop and get it ASAP. https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/69q8e9/updated_for_181_quality_of_life_modpack_cheatfree/

The bots are so much loving better and you can now see damage numbers which IS SO INFORMATIVE. KBn for example does 20 damage when it procs, the gruderaker is absolute poo poo against SV doing a mere .5 damage. The bots pick up grims and tomes AND WON'T DROP IT FOR HEALING UNLESS TOLD TO!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Looking forward to the possible pub brawl this week - was in the newsletter but someone posted it on reddit.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I finally get my falchion and get BL+BS+dev blow on the first roll then on the first try i loving reroll my rapier to KBn+RGn+OB which i've been trying to get for loving months. I've tried both and i just like the falchion more because of the stagger not to mention its 4 damage a body shot so thats 1 shotting slaves.

I figure falc for NM and rapier for cata since KBn is loving absurd though i want another falc so i can reroll it to RGn+KBn+BS then i'll just use that forever haha.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Did a bunch of Cata missions last night with Toast, Sadistic and Sandball (I think?) and finally got the cool red and black banner for doing them all

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1904307386968896880

quote:

Heroes!

Today we bring you patch 1.8.3, which includes various fixes, tweaks and adjustments based on both your feedback and our findings.

The list below covers everything you could expect to see in this patch...

...or does it?

Anyway, cheers to you all 🍻 and of course let us know your experience with this update!

Fixes and Tweaks
🤖Bots:
Bots will now attempt to dodge Stormvermin attacks when there is space to do so.
Bots will counter attack more rapidly against Stormvermin and Chieftains (Krench). 🤼
Fixed case where bots could fall through the world after teleporting. 🕳🏃
Improved bot aid code to be more robust in uneven terrain.
Fixed bots not correctly disengaging under some circumstances when too far away from other players. 👨‍👩‍👧 <-------> 🙍
Reduced forced disengage range during hordes and big numbers of roamers to encourage bots to stick together better during these circumstances.
Fixed bots not always disengaging when trying to avoid Stormvermin patrols.
Improved bots ability to follow player on narrow catwalks and close to ledges. 🤸
Bots now give healing draughts to wounded and low hp players if they have them and the player is able to receive them. 📤🍷📥
Bots give players bombs or potions if they have them but the player doesn't.💣
Fixed some cases where bots get stuck on ladders when enemies are nearby. ⛄🐀
Made bot pathing to health, potion and grenade pickups more robust.

📜Q&C
Added contracts for Stromdorf levels. ⛈️
Removed Ordnance Trial on Black Powder due to inconsistent drop rates.🚫💣
Removed Rat Ogre contract on Chain of Fire due to inconsistent spawns. 🚫🐀
Added 1 tome versions to the levels that were missing it. ➕📓
Fixed desync in Ordnance Trial contract progress that could occur. 💣🔗

Fixed so that client third person weapons are not shown when knocked down.
Fixed a crash related to Boons. 💥
Fixed a rare crash that could happen when joining a friend when already in a game. 💥
Fixed issues arising when equipping and re-equipping Lichebone Pendant with a grimoire equipped, or joining a game with the trinket equipped while a player already has a grimoire. 🍖📗☠️
Fixed client melee sounds not being heard by other clients. ➕🔊
Fixed so shield slam action deals damage now if you have stacked speed buffs. 🛡 Also fixed so we calculate the attack speed of a swing before the swing and use that speed throughout it, fixing the issue where you miss enemies at the end of an attack if your speed buff runs out. 🤺
Fixed input issues with giving potions.
Fixed so that Lohner cannot turn his head more than 90 degrees. ❌🦉
The Courier* - Fixed issues with the Cemetery door - such as being able to throw barrels through door and invisible collision in the middle of the doorway. 🚪
Reaching Out - Fixed some wall jump exploits.
Fixed issue where spamming the Drakefire Pistols' charged blasts resulted in firing normal shots instead of intended charged blasts.
Fixed window for taking melee damage that clients had when pushing.
Fixed issue where reload input was ignored if you tried to vent immediately after firing a spark with the bolt staff. ⚡
Fixed Ratling Gunner kills not showing up in end game stats. 📊

edit:
Fixed the Rat Ogre's neck hitbox to not include spine! 🤜📦
* Updated from incorrect level - thanks Ishka!

Looks like they're implementing some of the bot improvements from lupo's mod. Good stuff.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 5, 2017

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah does this break the bot mod? also hows vanilla bot?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Bots are bugged atm, shield krub and bardin are taking way to much damage. Numerous instances of bots just standing still or making a charge shot when surrounded by rats.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1904307386968896880

Looks like they're implementing some of the bot improvements from lupo's mod. Good stuff.

Fixed so that Lohner cannot turn his head more than 90 degrees.

:eyepop:

That was the last fun thing to do in the Inn.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
they added something else to do

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I forgive fatshark for everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHAmdVjPJdM

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, unfortunately you can't go drunk brawling into a mission and punch rats though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Reinstalling.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Anyone know if Master Craftedd +15% attack speed affects fireball staffs at all?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Don't use the fireball staff

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Fireball staff is good now.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Next you'll be telling me the wizard mace is good :colbert:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Next you'll be telling me the wizard mace is good :colbert:

This has always been true though?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The mace has always had some serious issues, but ever since fatshark basically quadrupled the number of stormvermin its strengths became way more important if you're not using the bolt staff. I wouldn't have recommended it at launch, but I do now just because of storms, even though the buffs they've given it have been really minor

I 've never understood all these weird-rear end posts telling people not to use perfectly good weapons, like at one point in this thread we were told not to use the handgun. Yes, the handgun.

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Anyone know if Master Craftedd +15% attack speed affects fireball staffs at all?

My memory is yes, although I don't remember if charge speed was affected and I'm not 100% on this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the 1.5 update made everything usable though nightmare at the very least so blanket statements of '____ is poo poo' nowadays are weird

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Bullying rats has never been so even-handed

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I feel like +Attack speed makes my conflag staff charge faster, but I also do not have anything to back that up other than mere observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Speaking of wizards, is a bloodluset/earthing charged orange sword and regrowth/mc/diversion conflag good enough to get started?

• Locked thread