Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

What am I missing other than the new class without the new Morrowind expansion?

I am thinking about getting it via those cheap gold edition links above, but if I do that will I be able to apply it to the base game I already own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Locator posted:

What am I missing other than the new class without the new Morrowind expansion?

I am thinking about getting it via those cheap gold edition links above, but if I do that will I be able to apply it to the base game I already own?

Apparently, no unless you buy the Gold Edition on Steam.

Something about Steam account migration makes it work.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is using a non-optimal race (Nord, Redgard, Orc for stamina builds) really that detrimental? I like dark elves and I was gonna make a warden and I don't know enough about the game to know if stamina or magic is my jam. I've played around with character creator and I durdle for 2 hours to make an ugly guy I hate and delete. Rip me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Race is irrelevant unless you're pushing top 1% numbers in terms of raiding and PvP

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Man, I find doing sneaky assassination missions as my drunk-personality Warden while riding around on a war bear with a giant magic bear following me and a big flaming 2h sword way too amusing.

MY IMMERSION.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Nope, all that sounds extremely Elder Scrolls.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I looked on Steam and it says specifically that it won't work with an existing non-Steam account.

Seems like there would be a wat to upgrade an existing account to Morrowind without buying directly from Zenimax.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It's nearly that time of year, so I'm going to advertise an old favorite thing of mine, which is...

The 3rd Annual Goons Watch Bethesda's E3 Press Conference (Sunday at 10 PM EDT) In Guild Chat

As is tradition, since the launch of ESO goons have met up sometimes to sit in guild chat and talk about Bethesda's E3 press conferences. Two years ago I squeeed when I saw the settlement building stuff in FO4. We occasionally make fun of them for what they say about ESO given that it's never particularly substantial, but maybe THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT! (it won't).

So let's do it again! If you've got nothing better to do because all womenfolk or menfolk, depending on preference, have abandoned you because "oh my god is that cheeto dust in your hair what is that smell", or you really should be going to sleep for work but MAYBE TES 6 WILL GET ANNOUNCED PLEASE (it won't, Starfield will probably be, if those rumors are true). Come sit with other goons in loneliness!

It'll be a grand old time!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Locator posted:

I looked on Steam and it says specifically that it won't work with an existing non-Steam account.

Seems like there would be a wat to upgrade an existing account to Morrowind without buying directly from Zenimax.

Yeah It doesn't just work by logging in with your non-Steam account, but you're able to transfer over to Steam. I think you lose some stuff though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah It doesn't just work by logging in with your non-Steam account, but you're able to transfer over to Steam. I think you lose some stuff though.

Ok, thanks. I guess I could make a new account with the gold edition and just mail myself all the junk and money from my old main since I'm only level 12 on the new character.

Cheaper than paying the full retail for Morrowind on Steam.

Edit: Gold for the DLC plus Morrowind at those links is cheaper than trying to upgrade my existing base game.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 7, 2017

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Is CDKeys safe to buy from? I found some older Reddit posts taking about people having their accounts locked down by Zenimax and recommending a list of authorised retailers, so I've only really considered the Greenmangaming prices

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm looking for a low maintenance trade guild to get rid of all the cool stuff I have. Someone was passing out invites to a free one but that turned out to be a brony guild and i have some self respect.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Commissar Budgie posted:

I, too, bought the stupid loving cash shop mount.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Wild Wild West reboot lookin' good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please do not insult the unsung hero of morrowind.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
played this a lot at launch and was thinking about getting back into it. is it bad and should i feel bad for thinking these things?

e: just read that my dagger orc wouldn't be a ebongoon and I would have to regrind all the fun missions that meticulously combed each zone for and I'm less motivated to play again.

jestest fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 7, 2017

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Seriously you can play any faction content at any point faction only matters for PvP you can hang out with all the goons at any time.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

Morglon posted:

Seriously you can play any faction content at any point faction only matters for PvP you can hang out with all the goons at any time.

gonna check it out, dat d/l tho. i loved pvp in the early game but didn't play it much after they split it into brackets.

E: didn't know about the one tamriel update. That is p cool.

jestest fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 7, 2017

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The notice is for people who seem to think it's a Steam Code. You can apply a Gold Edition retail code to a Steam account as long as you redeem the code on elderscrollsonline.com account management.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is what I did:

PS4.
- I bough the base game disc, for 8 €, in a gamestop-ish shop.
- I bough the expansion for 35 €, digital download.

It works.

I also linked my PSN account with my PC account of the game (That had already 500 crowns) , but I dont think this is relevant.

I normally like more digital versions, but did not wanted to pay more than 8€ for the base game.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So the new cliff strider pet description is loving brilliant.

quote:

Thetys Ramarys of Balmora says, "I love our Bitter Coast Striders, but feel bad that they can't fly very well. So I'm breeding a strain that will dominate the Vvardenfell skies."

That, combined with the mecha spider mount (Which has been in the series since Morrowind.) makes this crown store update pretty awesome.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Yeah. The spider is real good.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
And then Saint Jiub (PBUH) reversed his evil deeds.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is it ridiculous to consider having an entire set of endgame armor recrafted just because I found a style I want to stick with for my character? :negative:

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Pretty princess uber alles

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Is it ridiculous to consider having an entire set of endgame armor recrafted just because I found a style I want to stick with for my character? :negative:

*laughs*
*stares at pile of gold-level sharpened Torug's Destruction Staves*
*stares at other pile of gold-level sharpened Seducer and Kagrenac swords*
*bursts into tears*

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
So is the Nightblade tank build in the OP still relevant? I was thinking of giving this game another go, and that sounded like a fun build to me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thern posted:

So is the Nightblade tank build in the OP still relevant? I was thinking of giving this game another go, and that sounded like a fun build to me.

SapTank build is dead. Haven't bothered to reconfigure it for Morrowind update yet.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Scyantific posted:

SapTank build is dead. Haven't bothered to reconfigure it for Morrowind update yet.

an unrelated aside, fengrush's BG stack yesterday was talking about an OP nightblade tank on ebonheart pact and it made me wonder if they were talking about you

DasHangman
Feb 27, 2011

I'm the captain of the gravy train!
I'm thinking of picking this up because I want to be a drunk bear person fighting alongside a bear. If I pick up the box that was just released for PS4(I'm a filthy console player), can I just pop it in and play?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The ps4 morrowind is the same exact release disc with a key to download the morrowind patch. So be prepared for an 80 plus gb update.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

an unrelated aside, fengrush's BG stack yesterday was talking about an OP nightblade tank on ebonheart pact and it made me wonder if they were talking about you

I haven't taken any of my nightblades into PvP since the patch dropped, so no. I've been running either my Magicka DK or my Stamina Templar.

E: I also have not run into spergrush in BGs either so there's that. His fuckbuddy Essa yes, but not him.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 7, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Scyantific posted:

I haven't taken any of my nightblades into PvP since the patch dropped, so no. I've been running either my Magicka DK or my Stamina Templar.

E: I also have not run into spergrush in BGs either so there's that. His fuckbuddy Essa yes, but not him.

Is your post on the Magika DK build still correct? I am a dumb newb and was having a hard time last night connecting the skills you listed with the skill names on my screen.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Locator posted:

Is your post on the Magika DK build still correct? I am a dumb newb and was having a hard time last night connecting the skills you listed with the skill names on my screen.

That's a PvE dps build, which is a bit outdated as well. I should really update that build, and post an actual PvP build.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Pretty princess uber alles

Scyantific posted:

*laughs*
*stares at pile of gold-level sharpened Torug's Destruction Staves*
*stares at other pile of gold-level sharpened Seducer and Kagrenac swords*
*bursts into tears*

Well that settles it, time to shell out for pretty princess dress up. Is there a motif for weapons that matches the maelstrom bow?

Also, Aramek, my man... I'll probably be hitting you up for your services again. ;)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Well that settles it, time to shell out for pretty princess dress up. Is there a motif for weapons that matches the maelstrom bow?

Also, Aramek, my man... I'll probably be hitting you up for your services again. ;)

No. Maelstrom weapons are a unique style, despite the fact that they drop Dwemer Frames upon deconstruction.

(source: I have deconned many Charged Maelstrom Weapons)

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Decided to return and get morrowind. Is it normal to start in morrowind when creating a new character or did I miss an option? I'm not complaining if they replaced the starting areas. They were awful.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Decided to return and get morrowind. Is it normal to start in morrowind when creating a new character or did I miss an option? I'm not complaining if they replaced the starting areas. They were awful.

If you bought morrowind you should be getting the Morrowind tutorial instead. You can still do the original tutorial once you get into the Tamriel mainland.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Sweet thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Morrowind so far:

I am grateful they have bought the rights to put morrowind music in some places. They could have not, but they did. Is not has much has it could, it still sounds like old eso with the old ambient music. What I could describe only has "sinfony jazz". Appropriate but..

I am not liking the graphics too much. Theres grass everywhere and not enough dust storms. I guest I am now that guy that expect Oblivion filled with jungles. I am that guy now.

As for the feel. Some quest are good. I just did one about a family and it was poignant and short. I enjoyed it very much. If a bit heavy handed how they show the Tellvanny.

Having a lot of people around is distracting. I trough it will not, but it is. Then theres these small usability bits, like the poles in roads so you never really get lost. You are a bad explorer if you have never got lost. So is a place that is a bit too green and civilized. Is not the morrowind I remember (maybe because that one is from other era).

But thats my first impression. I okay so far, I hope it raise itself higher than that.

I want mages to drop from the sky, if no mage drops from the sky I will be dissapointed.

Tei fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 7, 2017