Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It's cool how they misinterpreted "Obama shouldn't be giving speeches to Wall Street" as "Obama shouldn't be getting paid for giving speeches to Wall Street".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's Tizon, Part 2. Only instead of "Wow, tumblr and white libs sure are whiny about filipino culture's Not-Slavery-But-Rather-A-hosed-Up-Caste-System-Where-It-Goes-Back-To-Being-Slavery-Again" it's ... that. More like a B-movie weird sequel name change thing, with included inappropriate themes? (Careful with the first link, image's kinda nsfw)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:woop: Matt's doing his English accent in the new episode! :toot:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

They're dyin on this hill folks!!

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/872324063687061506

https://twitter.com/fungumchum/status/872345084850819077
This many dumbasses haven't died on a hill defending slavery since when Lincoln was in office

I thought Khaleesi was supposed to be the breaker of chains? Sad!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I thought Khaleesi was supposed to be the breaker of chains? Sad!
Look at this Bernie Bro blaming Dumbledore for the house elves at Hogwarts.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

Look at this Bernie Bro blaming Dumbledore for the house elves at Hogwarts.

lmao

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

prefect posted:

:woop: Matt's doing his English accent in the new episode! :toot:

It's so bad

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/872310073045000194

Yeowch.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
these last two eps have sucked

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steakmancer posted:

No they've been good.

I do hope they do a classic style ep with just the main three cracking jokes, but I like it when Chapo mixes it up

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

steakmancer posted:

No you.

The essence of chapo is the duck hunt. When they can stay in that lane, they're great. When they interview people outside their comfort zone they're kind of boring. Will...love that boy but he's no Terry Gross.

And Matt should never be allowed to do a British accent again.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I prefer Matt in Marxist Rant Mode. I assume he's good at it because he just reads on his Marxisms all the time instead of gaming or watching television or doing anything else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

No they've been good.

I do hope they do a classic style ep with just the main three cracking jokes, but I like it when Chapo mixes it up

yea I'll welcome the next 'classic chapo' or whatever but these past two have been fun. The rundown of right wing morons is always a rich well ('the perpetually moist looking') and British Matt is the bestworst thing.

Which episode was their Brexit one where Felix was playing a...I wanna say Portuguese simpleton or something?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Decrecio the Portuguese manservant is my favorite Felix bit by a country mile.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Episode 18. He followed up on it in some later episodes.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

steakmancer posted:

does someone keep snapping their loving fingers in the most recent one?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:wrong:

Ron Jeremy posted:

And Matt should never be allowed to do a British accent again.

:wrong:

:wotwot:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I got a big kick out of the conservative press breakdown ep, though that may be because I'm a dirty foreigner that doesn't know much about that stuff, but the jokes were also great

the british election one was a bit weaker, the guest sounded like they've never been on a podcast before stumbling over their thoughts and stuff, but some good jokes and matt's terrible english accent redeemed it imo

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

cat doter posted:

I got a big kick out of the conservative press breakdown ep, though that may be because I'm a dirty foreigner that doesn't know much about that stuff, but the jokes were also great

the british election one was a bit weaker, the guest sounded like they've never been on a podcast before stumbling over their thoughts and stuff, but some good jokes and matt's terrible english accent redeemed it imo

He has been on a podcast before, namely Chapo's Brexit ep.

Pretty outrageous chauvinism to interview an American on both occasions imo, the lads really ought to be amplifying British voices

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Bryter posted:

He has been on a podcast before, namely Chapo's Brexit ep.

Pretty outrageous chauvinism to interview an American on both occasions imo, the lads really ought to be amplifying British voices

I vaguely remembered him being on before but he's certainly not much of a talker is he

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009
I have been thinking about Lord Gargamel Foreskin and Reginald Boylove all day while chuckling to myself.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Decrecio the Portuguese manservant is my favorite Felix bit by a country mile.

Is Decrecio based on a particular person or character?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Is Decrecio based on a particular person or character?

Manuel from Fawlty Towers is the most obvious point of comparison, but I just like how committed Felix is to a bad accent.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Listening to episode 17 with the dude from Reason magazine is amazing. He just keeps getting owned over and over again lmao.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
A month ago or so Amber called Felix a child for fiddling with something during the show, what the gently caress was he playing with?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
His dick

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I've been listening to back eps of Scumbag and is it just me or does Felix say "so-loph-ist" when he should be saying solipsist. Is this like an ironic "should of" thing with him?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

I've been listening to back eps of Scumbag and is it just me or does Felix say "so-loph-ist" when he should be saying solipsist. Is this like an ironic "should of" thing with him?

l o l

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

... is he talking about when Felix goes on about Salafists?

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Not sure of the context, but are you sure he's not saying Salafist?

E: lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr. Lobe posted:

... is he talking about when Felix goes on about Salafists?
That's probably it. There's some places where the context is really unclear but I'll admit I'm a dipshit

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If Felix uses a weird word, it's probably something to do with Saudi politics. That's one of 3 things he knows about, the others being MMA and uh the Metal Gear series.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's actually astonishing how much Felix is able to extrapolate generally into world knowledge from just the details surrounding those 3 topics.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

If Felix uses a weird word, it's probably something to do with Saudi politics. That's one of 3 things he knows about, the others being MMA and uh the Metal Gear series.
Seems like, yeah. It's my fault because I come from a philosophy background instead of international studies. And I've heard a lot of people make that same weird malapropism. I should of trusted that he knew what he was talking about.

I haven't listened to every single Chapo (only started after the election) but he hasn't really mentioned Salafists much in 2017 so far. I'm glad I asked because I actually learned something on a Wednesday to boot.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Oh hey Matt directly mentioned Something Awful and goons in the new ep, I wonder what the next multi-page derail will be about.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I did like the fake aristocratic names though.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kenny Logins posted:

Seems like, yeah. It's my fault because I come from a philosophy background instead of international studies. And I've heard a lot of people make that same weird malapropism. I should of trusted that he knew what he was talking about.

I haven't listened to every single Chapo (only started after the election) but he hasn't really mentioned Salafists much in 2017 so far. I'm glad I asked because I actually learned something on a Wednesday to boot.

Nah I just listened to ep 6 the other day and I think he talked about people who write open letters on medium being solipsists

dont remember if he hosed up the pronunciation tho

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Moist von Lipwig posted:

A month ago or so Amber called Felix a child for fiddling with something during the show, what the gently caress was he playing with?

I think they mention it was a Rubik's Cube

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Apraxin posted:

Oh hey Matt directly mentioned Something Awful and goons in the new ep, I wonder what the next multi-page derail will be about.

just a preemptive shut the gently caress up and stop asking if they are goons, it's needy as gently caress and they aren't going to like you cause you paid :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
hey guys do you think the "dry boys" ever posted on the something awful forums