Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The company doing the promo videos for this game accidentally put out a map trailer early : https://vimeo.com/219015308
Moving platforms and buttons you can shoot to drop people into pits of acid, very quakeworld-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bloodmobile posted:

The company doing the promo videos for this game accidentally put out a map trailer early : https://vimeo.com/219015308
Moving platforms and buttons you can shoot to drop people into pits of acid, very quakeworld-y.

It's down :( another link?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MysteriousStranger posted:

It's down :( another link?
https://streamable.com/pljx0

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Thank you looking good!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Short weekend. https://bethesda.net/community/topic/60198/june-2-beta-update

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

So... jump on as soon as I get home, whoop!

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I keep getting the "netmaster" medal, does this mean I'm a sysop or something? :wtc:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Feels 100x better to be playing with accel again. Thank god.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Scale bearer's ability doesn't kill me anymore often than others. His stats are the closest thing to overpowered about him. He seems to have a big hotbox which kind of balances that.
I'm also not very good at Quakes and I am sure he will get some tweaks.

Jose Mengelez posted:

I keep getting the "netmaster" medal, does this mean I'm a sysop or something? :wtc:

It's a certain amount of damage dealt in a match. 1000 iirc.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eNCWB0rLw

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Net master is 1000 damage in one life. You get a medal for 5000 damage in one game called Damage dealer

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I actually didn't think I'd like duel but it is by far my favorite mode now. Coming from QL it's just so much more laid back.

Dommer416
Aug 4, 2013

Hello little children your uncle is here.

On Terra Firma posted:

I actually didn't think I'd like duel but it is by far my favorite mode now. Coming from QL it's just so much more laid back.

I dunno about this Duel Mode. I like the old one personally. I don't think the new one will do as well as the old one.

Matches aren't going to be as exciting as Rapha VS Cypher and them getting 4 kills in 30 seconds.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

There are maybe 100 people on matchmaking right now, I've been queued with the same people over and over. The netcode felt improved last night and it's utter dogshit today. This is stupid.

Dommer416
Aug 4, 2013

Hello little children your uncle is here.

air- posted:

There are maybe 100 people on matchmaking right now, I've been queued with the same people over and over. The netcode felt improved last night and it's utter dogshit today. This is stupid.

You DO KNOW that you stay with the same group map to map right?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Well yeah, if you're in a party. I near exclusively play TDM and I was queueing alone all morning. Same former teammates and players on the enemy team would rotate back and forth, so matches were even more hilariously one sided.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

lmfao why haven't I seen this before

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

air- posted:

Well yeah, if you're in a party. I near exclusively play TDM and I was queueing alone all morning. Same former teammates and players on the enemy team would rotate back and forth, so matches were even more hilariously one sided.

You quit to early. We didn't have this problem, me and EnteranceJew had multiple great TDM and Sacrifice matches. Both of us had on fire moments with rail and in general poo poo went well. poo poo our last three Sacrifice games were loving epic.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Also if you aren't on discord get on it. Easy to pick up a partner for games, and we've had a few rotating 3/4 stacks. Game is much more fun when you can laugh at your own failures, have multiple people timing the quad, and screaming and yelling when someone runs the wrong way with the soul.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Also if you aren't on discord get on it. Easy to pick up a partner for games, and we've had a few rotating 3/4 stacks. Game is much more fun when you can laugh at your own failures, have multiple people timing the quad, and screaming and yelling when someone runs the wrong way with the soul.

Is it mostly North American peeps?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Social Animal posted:

Is it mostly North American peeps?

For now yep, I think waters is Euro though?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
My experience playing Quack Champions today:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I dueled Stone for the first time today. I didn't realize it was possible to hit over 30lg in this game let alone loving 37 percent. That hurt.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Love Stole the Day posted:

My experience playing Quack Champions today:

You need a prettier dolly... ERUOPE!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Next character is the guy from new Wolfenstein and he duel wields every gun.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
24/7 open beta with custom lobbies, 3 new maps and spectating is live right now. As soon as they announced that people can play right now bethesda.net crashed, so I guess there are people out there looking to play some Quake?

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/62542/quake-champions-beta-e3-patch-notes

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
ehhhh, a couple of rounds might be fun, but not fun enough to download another 12 gigs through the lovely rear end Bethesda launcher that somehow slows my internet to a crawl whenever I try to download something through it

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Next character is the guy from new Wolfenstein and he duel wields every gun.

Watching streams and this looks so bad rear end.

QC still kind of sucks for duel, but man is it fun in every other gamemode.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Updated with the new patch: 12GB download, but hangs at loading screen.
Verify files: 16GB download queued.

gently caress you, Bethesda Launcher.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Andrigaar posted:

Updated with the new patch: 12GB download, but hangs at loading screen.
Verify files: 16GB download queued.

gently caress you, Bethesda Launcher.

Hah! That happened to me as well on both computers! Oh well, will try to play shoot mans tonight.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The latest patch accidentally included a "steam_api64.dll" file, so hopefully we can escape the nightmarish grip of the Bethesda Launcher soon enough.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Leaks show Doom, Sarge, Bones, Klesk, and an unkown as incoming players.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Leaks show Doom, Sarge, Bones, Klesk, and an unkown as incoming players.

Got a link?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

gently caress bones so hard, better not be an almost invisible player model

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Agoat posted:

Got a link?

https://www.reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/6h0uxm/leaked_screenshots_of_future_characters_and/

Links in the discord as well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Agoat posted:

Got a link?
Here, along with a few images purporting to be from an internal Trello that was accidentally made public. Characters referenced in this include Death Knight from Quake 1, Strogg Infiltrator, Athena (who has a Grappling Hook?) and Keel from Q3A.

YMMV, of course.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

cougar cub posted:

he's a death knight in armor

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

The Kins posted:

Here, along with a few images purporting to be from an internal Trello that was accidentally made public. Characters referenced in this include Death Knight from Quake 1, Strogg Infiltrator, Athena (who has a Grappling Hook?) and Keel from Q3A.

YMMV, of course.

I love the idea that this just gets even more absurd with the characters than Q3 did. Embrace the Super Smash Brothers model of "what characters do we own? gently caress it, their in".

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cougar cub posted:

Gimme the bones :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Sdoots posted:

I love the idea that this just gets even more absurd with the characters than Q3 did. Embrace the Super Smash Brothers model of "what characters do we own? gently caress it, their in".

I want the eyeball from Quake 3, with the upgrades to be different retinas and colors, and my vanity items to be a top hot and a monocle.