Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alakaiser posted:

Speed boost in front of the enemy and boop them back to your team. It's fun. And it'll only sometimes frequently get you killed.

(I primarily play heroes like Diablo and Tyreal and I just can't help myself)

Nothing annoys me more than a Lucio who dies trying to make a good boop. If you can't do it without dying you shouldn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Alakaiser posted:

Speed boost in front of the enemy and boop them back to your team. It's fun. And it'll only sometimes frequently get you killed.

(I primarily play heroes like Diablo and Tyreal and I just can't help myself)

That's a long way to go for the same effect as a Morales grenade.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
That advice was mostly tongue-in-cheek, to be clear.

And Morales doesn't play music or rollerskate on walls so she is clearly inferior.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Alakaiser posted:

That advice was mostly tongue-in-cheek, to be clear.

And Morales doesn't play music or rollerskate on walls so she is clearly inferior.

She does have a better skin though (the love doctor one)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

But wall ride is his z. This is bullshit.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The trait is clearly his aura, just like Brightwing. The weird thing is that he doesn't have a W or an E.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Macaluso posted:

She does have a better skin though (the Samus one)

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Idk on paper his kit looks pretty boring but in practice I think he's one of the most fun healers

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

In an alternate universe, they gave Lucio a real W and E, and this conversation is about :argh: overloaded kits :argh:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

sometimes a special mount is your trait (Rehgar). Sometimes it's not (Dehaka). Sometimes you only have one ult (Tracer). Sometimes you have three (Varian). Sometimes you start with no Q, W or E (Vikings). Sometimes you get all three plus a 1 (Xul).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You forgot two-ults-at-once Alarak :v:

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

trap sprung, imagine not picking last laugh

imagine being that person

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
But that's at the cost of his good ults.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

BrianBoitano posted:

You forgot two-ults-at-once Alarak :v:

I'm not a melee assassin player but I tried Alarak in a bot game the other day and was terrible (even by AI standards) and had no idea he had so many things to micromanage in every fight. I have a lot more respect for good Alarak players now.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vikings should have a q w and e associated with each of the Vikings at the start imo. Anything that makes them more about wrangling your posse during a fight instead of cheesing xp gain on 20% of maps

Please remake one of favorite game's characters into something I can play at all blizzard I'm bad at multitasking :qq:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I got lucio and was having fun until exactly what you guys mentioned happened: went back to save someone, they started casting again, got murdered and blamed me :negative:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bogart posted:

There are those in this thread who will defend RoD and you should avoid engaging them at all costs without a tank to initiate with Post Your MMR.

Is this the route you want to go?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bogart posted:

There are those in this thread who will defend RoD and you should avoid engaging them at all costs without a tank to initiate with Post Your MMR.

I play a hell of a lot of Gul'dan, and after the last RoD debate went back and gave it another shot and it does definitely have its uses.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Macaluso posted:

She does have a better skin though (the Protoman one)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't like Lucio in quick match. Like Morales he's really stuck with how effective his team mates are. He doesn't really help get kills so if the other four people don't have cc or much damage or whatever you're boned.

Yeah that's how I feel too. In QM unless you're in a 4 or 5 stack there's a very good chance your support will have to solo lanes for soaking or wave clear, which he's really bad at, since the talents you'll usually need to take require you to be in team fights or at least near your teammates for quests, and he's got no mount so if it's not a small map you're at even more of a handicap.

A shame, since I enjoy playing Lucio.

I've been playing more BW lately, since she can contribute to a lot of comps and brings a diverse toolkit even if she lacks strong burst heals, and man it's amazing how often in QM you run into people with literally no idea how her kit works.

I've had players bitch and ping constantly for me to stop soaking at the far lane while my team is on their way to objective, players bitch that I'm not using my heal buttons and just hanging around DPSing, or my favorite the other night: a complaint that I wasn't using my blind on the right targets.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

People complaining that bright wing isn't at the objective ahead of time and isn't "trying" to heal
Dude she teleports and doesn't have a heal button.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

People complaining that bright wing isn't at the objective ahead of time and isn't "trying" to heal

Wrong thread.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Ping your teleport ability CD timer to remind them.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

It was happening to my friend so I couldn't. It was kind of surreal to watch.

ElephantCrave
Jan 28, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It was happening to my friend so I couldn't. It was kind of surreal to watch.
Tell your friend to ping the CD timer

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Is there a high enough resolution version of that image that would allow someone to make me an avatarized version of that Murky please.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
But if they do that they will also have to make the Gul'Pan skin for the original dude.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Of the heroes I've tried I think I may like Sylvanas the most. I'm not sure if she's any good but she feels super strong at waveclear and siege but also doesn't feel terrible in a team fight.

I also like Lunara. I can't tell how strong she really is, but poison feels pretty powerful. I only played her a bit though, I don't own that one.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

loving owns

I'm on the opposite side of the quick match Lucio talk, I play him exclusively in it because I know if I play well I can help a bad team composition win. He has an amazing kit and is super fun.

Although what shits me is whenever I run back to speed boost an ally away from a losing fight they use that as a signal to hard engage. Just back the gently caress out, please. No matter how much I press 'V'. :negative:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Had this epic battle with a Lucio today in quick match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InwgIixJC_8

:confused:

This kind of fight happened multiple times. They ended the same way every time. He wasn't a bot.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

This kind of fight happened multiple times. They ended the same way every time. He wasn't a bot.

You need to get your MMR up.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I got nothing, this dude is just stoned out of their mind or actually an idiot.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Toshimo posted:

You need to get your MMR up.

Or Blizz cares more about mirror hero matches than mirror MMR matches. Seriously they found Lucio, Murky, and Lunaras queuing at the same time at the same skill level?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Spudd posted:

loving owns

I'm on the opposite side of the quick match Lucio talk, I play him exclusively in it because I know if I play well I can help a bad team composition win. He has an amazing kit and is super fun.

Although what shits me is whenever I run back to speed boost an ally away from a losing fight they use that as a signal to hard engage. Just back the gently caress out, please. No matter how much I press 'V'. :negative:

I hate when they tell me which aura to use.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Toady posted:

I hate when they tell me which aura to use.

I've never had that but I've been told as Medivh where to place my portals. I have never blocked someone so fast.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Leveling Raynor up to 10 to get his themed loot feels like such a chore, especially since I already pulled Commander Raynor and Old Marshall Raynor from random boxes so it isn't even like there's anything good to get out of the drat thing.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Why... would you do that. You will play a bunch of games you hate for like... a voice line. People do the weirdest poo poo in this game.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I love AA heroes who run away instead of attacking when I give them a Tassadar shield. I got the 90% lifesteal talent for you, Illidan :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

beejay posted:

Why... would you do that. You will play a bunch of games you hate for like... a voice line. People do the weirdest poo poo in this game.

The "This is Jimmy" line should be legendary though