Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have tried podcasts at the gym but man it doesnt work for me.

I need something that shuts my brain off like music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Anals of History posted:

I queue up podcasts during mindless things like driving, cutting grass, house chores, lifting, running, etc. That's usually about 3-4 hours a day that I can get away with listening to something. I'm never listening to podcasts unless I'm doing something else.

I will say that there's danger in listening to podcasts in that it is easy to let your head atrophy as you continually and passively accept info from others without talking back. There is need for silence from time to time.

Yeah this. Unless I'm at a club or other music-focused event, I'm listening to podcasts or non-vocal music. Podcasts when it's mindless activities like mowing the yard, non-vocal music when I need to think while working.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have tried podcasts at the gym but man it doesnt work for me.

I need something that shuts my brain off like music

I can only listen to "Ante Up" so many times per day.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Not endorsing the podcast generally (I've only listened to three or four) but the episode of The Nerdist with Patrick Stewart is really really good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah I only listen to podcasts on my commute but it adds up. I've already burned through the We Hate Movies back catalog, and it's... a lot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I can only listen to "Ante Up" so many times per day.

There is a DJ who made a mixtape of every song from an 80s montage and it is elite tier gym music

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I've been playing lots of divinity.

It's nice.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh poo poo guys time for the only sport greater than football

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822901

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Cool Games, Inc

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh poo poo guys time for the only sport greater than football

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822901

Someone turned rioting into a sport...huh...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Not posting revolutions smdh

My degree is in history so history podcasts where it's just a nerd reading stuff backslides me and gets me embarrassing reminder that I wasted my time and money.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

How do all of you have so much time to listen to so many podcasts

I listen on 2x and listen while I drive around for work, at the gym and doing chores.

Also I forgot How Stuff Works and Stuff They Don't Want You to Know

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so trump confirmed the pee tape to comey

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

From my initial layman's interpretation of the opening remarks, Trump seems hosed

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

From my initial layman's interpretation of the opening remarks, Trump seems hosed

If House of Cards has taught me anything it's that the POTUS is never hosed :smug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

If House of Cards has taught me anything it's that the POTUS is never hosed :smug:

"Allegedly" his hair pills broke his dick, so it's more like the POTUS never fucks.

e: Comey's statement would have been run by the Special Counsel first, so it only contains things that might not give away anything concrete about Muller's investigation. Put another way, Comey's statement is censored and it STILL says Trump told him to drop the Flynn probe and hints at the piss tape.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 7, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Someday we're all going to look back at this and laugh and laugh...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sean10mm posted:

"Allegedly" his hair pills broke his dick, so it's more like the POTUS never fucks.

lmao. That's a raw deal considering the state of his hair...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Someday we're all going to look back at this and laugh and laugh...
Hopefully that someday is very soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
And then Republicans will gain seats at the midterm elections anyway

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

And then Republicans will gain seats at the midterm elections anyway

Thats not looking so likely

Gerrymandering aside, these trends do not bode well for mid-terms for the GOP

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

nuh uh

Real life isn't that awesome

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol wait is that true?

RG3 has been released from his discord ban but I think he's dead. You all have blood on your hands. And beer on your breath

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The pisssssssss is real

And it's spectacular

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I mean, it depends on your perspective.

Is he getting punted in the next few weeks or months? Nah.

Are the Republicans looking turbofucked in general in 2018 and 2020? Tentatively, yes. Trump's approval keeps plumbing new depths and it seems to be taking GOP prospects in general down with it.

If the Democrats take over the House could poo poo start to get More Real? Maaaaaybe.

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

I mean, it depends on your perspective.

Is he getting punted in the next few weeks or months? Nah.

Are the Republicans looking turbofucked in general in 2018 and 2020? Tentatively, yes. Trump's approval keeps plumbing new depths and it seems to be taking GOP prospects in general down with it.

If the Democrats take over the House could poo poo start to get More Real? Maaaaaybe.

None of this will stop the Senate from passing a slightly watered down version of TrumpCare in the next few months.

And never underestimate the ineptitude of the DNC.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump not even waiting a full day to top Hillary's slaves proves we are at peak acceleration.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I've been working so I missed it but is that for real?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's probably not going to but I hope Corbyn wins tomorrow

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I've been working so I missed it but is that for real?

Apparently a week before the pee tape leak happened he instructed Comey to investigate to prove it didn't exist.

Hot Diggity! posted:

He's probably not going to but I hope Corbyn wins tomorrow

:yeah:

At least give us a hung parliament.

Nov 6, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWTaaS7LdU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AchinglyChic/status/872487891737423872

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's really depressing how virtually all republicans and many democrats would be fine with what Trump has tried to do if he just wasn't so gauche.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

It's really depressing how virtually all republicans and many democrats would be fine with what Trump has tried to do if he just wasn't so gauche.

True, that.

Luckily he's a bottomless wellspring of loud, stupid tastelessness who seems to self-sabotage faster than the the US public's attention span can expire. Which is saying A LOT.

I mean, a generic lovely Republican would have signed off several major (bad) bills from Congress by now. Instead it's a virtual deadlock in spite of a Republican majority in both houses, because Trump is just that inept.

It looks like Trump won 100% because of a perfect storm of bad poo poo, and is actually the dumbest motherfucker alive. If we don't all die he'll hurt the GOP more than anybody since Nixon.

e: He'll also gently caress up America generally more than anybody since W at least.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 7, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Agreed 100%.

Though, I am enjoying seeing people I grew up with turn from Republican voters/truth-is-in-the-middle-always hand-wringers start turning left fast.

Still moving away, though :sigh:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Trump was better for long-term America than Hillary!!!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I honestly realized I had a light green PFG shirt after I wrote that haha

Usually it's just deck shoes cargo shorts (to hold knifes/pliers in front pockets) and a white t shirt.

God I wish I were fishing right now. Or on D links badass sounding house on a dirt bike.

Come on over. My brother just bought a Polaris side-by-side but has no where to put it, so it's been in the barn ever since. It's fun as he'll

Also lmao President piss fetish

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean, we saw the signs. He wants gold everywhere

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol I work at a county level non profit and even we say "document everything to CYOA"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Trump keeps marrying models because he wants women who have lots of asparagus in their diets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I took the metro to work for the first time today. Ended up delayed 45 minutes because some dude jumped on the track.

• Locked thread