Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeremy
Jun 19, 2002

James Comey posted:

I can recall nine one-on-one conversations with
President Trump in four months – three in person and six on the phone.

...January 27 Dinner...

...February 14 Oval Office Meeting...

...March 30 Phone Call...

...April 11 Phone Call...

That was the last time I spoke with President Trump.

Can it be inferred from this that there are 5 additional memos, as-of-yet unrelased (or classified)? Or is this the extent of what Comey transcribed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Can someone remind me who, according to the original dossier, actually has access to the piss tape, and how the dossier's author knows about it?

The FSB, and he knew about it because Russia leaks just as much as the US

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Trabisnikof posted:

Then he fired Comey for not ending it prematurely.

And that's the statement Dems need to pull out of Comey tomorrow.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

It's a hell of a thing, basing your foreign policy around the whims of an emotionally immature profoundly ignorant executive. We didn't even need incestuous genetic inheritance in our monarch to force this on us, this nation purposefully chose this man to be our ruler.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Comey is a dick for saying Flynn is a good guy.

Also the piss tape is real.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Why are so many people getting hyped for pisstape from this? Just bad reading comprehension, or simply because we've all wanted it for so long?

Because without being prompted, Trump complains about "I didn't have anything to do with Russian hookers! I knew I was being recorded the whole time I was in Russia!!" He is super dumb and often blurts out the dumbest poo poo, cf. the Lester Holt interview :shrug:

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
I really, really like that Comey points out that he realized in the very first meeting with Trump that he needed to write down every single thing that happened between the two of them - something he didn't feel he needed to do with Obama.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Burt Buckle posted:

Also the piss tape is real.
He said so based on his work with him.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

remusclaw posted:

Piss tape baybeee
Piss Tape baby
Piss tayayape that where where its at

If you see a faded tweet by the side of the page that says "18 hours to the piss tape"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Someone needs to ask him 'could you describe more fully President Trump's reaction to the pee pee videos?'

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Rigel posted:

yeah, that too. I couldn't put my finger on why I also strongly believed in pisstape after reading this, but thats a big part of it. "Hey come on, like... I knew I'd be recorded, so obviously I wouldn't do something stupid, right? heh... heh?"

No you didn't, Donald. You totally believed you had privacy and now you are being blackmailed.

The most lol-worthy part for me was that Trump never even hinted that watching hookers piss on a hotel bed was like, morally repugnant to him, just that he is a "germaphobe". World's worst deflection

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Can someone remind me who, according to the original dossier, actually has access to the piss tape, and how the dossier's author knows about it?

Russian intelligence officials recorded (allegedly) it and a British MI5 source says that a Russian intelligence source says that they have them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jeremy posted:

Can it be inferred from this that there are 5 additional memos, as-of-yet unrelased (or classified)? Or is this the extent of what Comey transcribed?

I assume those were the only four that he thought needed to be included here. It presumably also includes meetings where other people were present, like when he tried to blend into the curtains.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

"I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the
awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. "

Huh that sounds like me on a date. Comey is ok

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

BootStrap posted:

The only thing that matters is good wine, good food, your significant other(s) and dogs.

gently caress everything else.

I dont drink. I already eat way too much junk. I never had an SO and from the looks of things if I get one it's just someone else I'd have to defend and I don't care about animals.

Sorry, it's just that I keep seeing the same thing over and over: "there is so much to live for! Family! Friends! Pets! Travel!" What about those of us who don't have or care about ANY of those things?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kilroy posted:

Mr. President, it seems you have a brain cloud. There is no cure.

But let me tell you about this island...

We need to build a Trump golf course on Waponi Woo!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

AceOfFlames posted:

I dont drink. I already eat way too much junk. I never had an SO and from the looks of things if I get one it's just someone else I'd have to defend and I don't care about animals.

Sorry, it's just that I keep seeing the same thing over and over: "there is so much to live for! Family! Friends! Pets! Travel!" What about those of us who don't have or care about ANY of those things?

try to crawl into a hole and die quietly without bumming the rest of us out

e: or post in E/N or something. this is the Trump thread

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

WeAreTheRomans posted:

The most lol-worthy part for me was that Trump never even hinted that watching hookers piss on a hotel bed was like, morally repugnant to him, just that he is a "germaphobe". World's worst deflection

Urine is sterile!

Committee: Mr. Comey, could you comment on the nature of the salacious material you describe in your memo?
Comey: I'm sorry Senator but that incident is unverified and of a sensitive personal nature.

Trump tweet: THE PISS TAPES AREN'T REAL FOLKS. I NEVER PAID HOOKERS IN RUSSIA.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Part of struggling with depression is figuring out your own answer to that question. Therapy and medication help

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
"I can't focus on anything until these Russian allegations are gone, you're putting the country at risk because I can't stop thinking about Russian allegations that you won't publicly disprove"

- a clearly innocent man

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

AceOfFlames posted:

...you have undiagnosed depression.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
What's the chance that the entire hearing tomorrow is drowned out by republicans asking about leaks and poo poo?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Burt Buckle posted:

It's a really ambiguous qualifier, it could mean "He is a just and righteous man" or "he seems nice" :shrug:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Russian intelligence officials recorded (allegedly) it and a British MI5 source says that a Russian intelligence source says that they have them.

The dossier also said that the Russians reassured Trump that the piss tape will never be released because he was doing such a good job trying to improve America's relations with Russia, with the abrupt change in the GOP's party plank, talking about ending sanctions, saying we should be friends, etc.

They obviously can't talk directly anymore, but its always in the back of Donald's mind that if he doesn't do everything he can politically get away with to help Russia, then pisstape could happen.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pellisworth posted:

Urine is sterile!

it's not, but Trump is almost certainly dumb enough to think it is, so it's more grist for the mill

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

quote:

I felt compelled to document my first conversation with the President-Elect in a memo. To ensure accuracy, I began to type it on a laptop in an FBI vehicle outside Trump Tower the moment I walked out of the meeting. Creating written records immediately after one-on-one conversations with Mr. Trump was my practice from that point forward. This had not been my practice in the past. I spoke alone with President Obama twice in person (and never on the phone) – once in 2015 to discuss law enforcement policy issues and a second time, briefly, for him to say goodbye in late 2016. In neither of those circumstances did I memorialize the discussions.

This seems like a very polite way to say "I didn't trust the man as far as I could spit". Even if no bombshells come out if it this is a pretty damning judgement of Trump.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

It's a great time to start a drinking habit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bottom Liner posted:

What's the chance that the entire hearing tomorrow is drowned out by republicans asking about leaks and poo poo?

0, because Republicans will get half of the time.

It will be half garbage about leaks, half interesting things but not confirmations of much from Comey. These are all the same.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

RiggenBlaque posted:

I really, really like that Comey points out that he realized in the very first meeting with Trump that he needed to write down every single thing that happened between the two of them - something he didn't feel he needed to do with Obama.
The instinct of a true bureaucrat is to document everything, especially when they can sense that the poo poo is going to hit the fan.

I don't like Comey much, his "I'm just trying to be true to my position" shtick doesn't square with how he handled things during the election, but he has some good instincts.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

You should read a few books on Stoicism and Zen. I say that with all sincerity. It's basically the "nothing matters" worldview, but framed in a healthy way to help you cope with that.

Oh, you just reminded me to catch up on the books on stoicism I am reading.

Yes, heavily recommending this, for all those who need it.

I am seeking professional help, btw. Unfortunately I'm on a waiting list.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm stealing a goon's words, but we're hurtling towards a moment in time when the President of the United States makes an official statement on his official twitter denying his involvement with Russian Hookers.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

theflyingorc posted:

...you have undiagnosed depression.

"Anhedonia" is the word to google.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

WeAreTheRomans posted:

fitting to your avatar and the the content of your post:

https://streamable.com/f4290

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Skippy Granola posted:

Part of struggling with depression is figuring out your own answer to that question. Therapy and medication help

Spite helps too. I like to remember that the flipside of "there are people who want you to kill yourself" is "therefore, every breath you take is like a fresh spurt of jizz straight into their bleeding eye sockets".

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Pellisworth posted:

Urine is sterile!

It's more like your urine is only sterile to you when a tattoo artist told me about a client she did a tongue piercing on...who later tried to sterilize it with his girlfriend's pee. :gonk:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Spaced God posted:

I'm stealing a goon's words, but we're hurtling towards a moment in time when the President of the United States makes an official statement on his official twitter denying his involvement with Russian Hookers.

We are in the greatest timeline. I'm calling it now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Putin/FSB. Chris Steele learned about it (and Rosneft 19) most likely from Oleg Erovinkin, a buddy of Sechin's who was found dead in his car on Christmas in the Red Square.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
If there's anything I learned from the election, it's that when USPOL (or Trump thread) start trying to clinically diagnose people who think a thing will happen, that thing will probably happen.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

The FSB, and he knew about it because Russia leaks just as much as the US

But not as much as the U.S. President in that tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

AceOfFlames posted:

You will never have a better time to start drinking than right now.

Piss Tape!

• Locked thread