Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

The easiest fix is change wording on Advanced SLAM to include "action bar".

But my impression from his world's commentary is that Davies is really hype on bombs, that's why the next wave is including a whole bunch more bomb stuff.

And a system upgrade that regens bombs to make Deathrain great again.

That would neuter K Wings entirely as bombers, which would be no bad thing, but I think a fairer nerf would be to make ASLAM give a stress instead. Then they can't 3-bank-3-bank-bomb forever and they get predictable the round after they ASLAM which might make them think twice about whether to bomb NOW.

Sabine needs to be range limited, ideally to only work on bombs dropped by the ship she's equipped to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

thespaceinvader posted:

Sabine needs to be range limited, ideally to only work on bombs dropped by the ship she's equipped to.

That sounds terrible, because there's no token to mark either player ownership of bombs, or ship with Sabine token.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

canyoneer posted:

Are you in the US? An X Wing playing family member just moved to Madrid and I guess they have a bunch of K Wings available, but oddly enough have very little product from waves 1-4.
He just brought over a ton of stuff from the US to sell to the Madrid community, and he has offered to ship me K Wings en Espanol. If you want one I can ship one along to you.

Are the included cards in Espanol also?

New question: Adaptive Ailerons and Twin Ion Engine Mk. II - Since AA lists doing bank maneuvers, and TIE mk. II counts banks as green, does that mean a Striker can do its AA maneuver which clears a stress out for doing an action?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

IronSaber posted:

Are the included cards in Espanol also?

New question: Adaptive Ailerons and Twin Ion Engine Mk. II - Since AA lists doing bank maneuvers, and TIE mk. II counts banks as green, does that mean a Striker can do its AA maneuver which clears a stress out for doing an action?

Yeah, they would be in Espanol

Striker cannot do an AA maneuver while stressed, so it wouldn't come up

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.
Dumb question, I just want to double check something. If you attempt a barrel roll, but aren't able to fit in the desired spot, you are then obligated to check to see if you can complete the barrel roll anywhere else on that same side, correct?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

canyoneer posted:

That sounds terrible, because there's no token to mark either player ownership of bombs, or ship with Sabine token.
(emphasis mine)

Which is funny, because Sabine does specify "friendly bomb token," which means you do need a way to track who's dropped what bombs.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, they would be in Espanol

Striker cannot do an AA maneuver while stressed, so it wouldn't come up

Whoops, forgot about the not stressed part. :classiclol:

I'm gonna have to pass on the Espanol K-wings. I like having my collection in English. Thank you for the offer though!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

Dumb question, I just want to double check something. If you attempt a barrel roll, but aren't able to fit in the desired spot, you are then obligated to check to see if you can complete the barrel roll anywhere else on that same side, correct?

Correct.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Which is funny, because Sabine does specify "friendly bomb token," which means you do need a way to track who's dropped what bombs.

I seriously want to see this come up on the finals of a stream just to see how many people start defending the clueless judges who happened to be there but absolutely doing nothing. I also enjoy the people who say there's no need for stricter rules to prevent against cheating because

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's not that difficult to keep track of what bomb/mine/net tokens belong to who.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

The procedure is:

Declare a barrel roll, including a direction.
Attempt to barrel roll in that direction.
If you cannot complete the barrel roll that you want, but can complete a barrel roll in that direction in general, i.e. you wanted to barrel roll such that the edge of the movement template is aligned with the front of the ship base, but the ship base has to be moved forward to clear an obstacle, you do that.

If you cannot barrel roll in that direction at all, you are not obligated to barrel roll in a different direction. Note that if you pushed the limit to perform this barrel roll, you even have the option of rescinding use of the PTL card entirely. In other words, if you say 'I want to barrel roll left,' attempt it, and discover that you just barely land on an obstacle, no matter where you position the ship along the template, you cannot barrel roll left, and you are not required to barrel roll right. You can choose a different action.

Boost works the same.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 6, 2017

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The most depressing thing about Contracted Scouts is comparing their stats and dial to a generic T65 :(

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

General Battuta posted:

The most depressing thing about Contracted Scouts is comparing their stats and dial to a generic T65 :(

obligatory "But the pilots are so good" apologia.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Managed to rock an enemy Fenn using Ketsu and then my Fenn destroyed him in one salvo, feels good

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

obligatory "But the pilots are so good" apologia.

Before I stopped playing I'd often look at the Jumpmasters across the table and try to assess exactly what 4 points were worth (Rookie Pilot vs. Contracted Scout)

—lose one red (worth 12 pts I guess?)
—lose a green 1-bank right
+ gain lots of green if you go left
+ gain 1-turns and sloops
+ lol a white sloop
+ PWT
+ 1 hull (not 2 cause integrated astro)
+ 2 shields
+ large base to go fast
+ barrel roll
+ extra torpedo slot
+ crew slot
+ illicit slot
+ EPT, lol

4 points :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

The same argument could easily apply to Sabine as she is now (she only works on friendly tokens, how do you distinguish those your opponent dropped) and she works fine (from a practical perspective) now.

In practice, you'd almost always know which bomb came from which ship. The number of bombs dropped in a game rarely exceeds single figures.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I use challenge coins as my side bombs for clusters because they are amost exactly the right size and because im a deuche*

*only in friendly games not tournaments

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.

Thanks.

So, that being the case, what do people think the deal will be with the new Starviper title? You declare your barrel roll to one side or the other, are you then also committed to trying the 1 bank template in both of its orientations? Or is it like a boost where you can try it one way and if it doesn't work you can opt out?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If you use Echo as a precedent you have to declare both a side and an orientation

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Thanks.

So, that being the case, what do people think the deal will be with the new Starviper title? You declare your barrel roll to one side or the other, are you then also committed to trying the 1 bank template in both of its orientations? Or is it like a boost where you can try it one way and if it doesn't work you can opt out?

I expect it will work same as Echo does. On the Starviper, you have 4 options to declare. Left banked forward, left banked backward, and their 2 right side equivalents.

You declare before putting the template down. If you declare left and banked forward but cannot because you're blocked, you can instead declare a barrel roll in another direction or do any other legal action. You're not stuck doing the roll left and banked backwards if you tried for left forward and didn't fit.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

That would neuter K Wings entirely as bombers, which would be no bad thing, but I think a fairer nerf would be to make ASLAM give a stress instead. Then they can't 3-bank-3-bank-bomb forever and they get predictable the round after they ASLAM which might make them think twice about whether to bomb NOW.

I mean, this fix doesn't really help Soontir being 1-turned by an Action.

Actually, thinking further on this I think the best fix, considering the intent of Mines as area denial not free damage, and considering that higher PS should mean a) a pilot better at bombing, and b) better at avoiding bombing, would be: Mines only become active in the following activation phase.

This means Miranda is still a beast at bombing low ps ships, but will struggle to hit PS9 (and PS8 aces that cede initiative). And it will end the counter-intuitive fact that Wardens will no longer be amazing bombers. It brings more skill to bombing as you have to plan how to funnel ships onto your bombs and predict where ships are going.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone else picking up a C-ROC tomorrow?

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
I've got one coming in on Thursday. Trying to figure out a 100 point list with Jabba but he seems more geared toward epic play.

DogCop fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 7, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Zigmoose posted:

I've got one coming in on Thursday. Trying to figure out a 100 point list with Jabba but he seems more geared toward epic play.

Yeah he just does not seem to be worth it in regular x-wing. :(

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
No sign of an FAQ for Cikatro Vizago yet though so swapping out your cloaking device for permanent cloak should still work.

Unkar Plutt (17)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Cloaking Device (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 21

Exchange cloaking device for BMST and you've got a 4 agility bumping tugboat.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Zigmoose posted:

No sign of an FAQ for Cikatro Vizago yet though so swapping out your cloaking device for permanent cloak should still work.

Unkar Plutt (17)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
Cloaking Device (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 21

Exchange cloaking device for BMST and you've got a 4 agility bumping tugboat.

Shiiiit. Try this for fun times after you swap out the cloak

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Cikatro Vizago (0)
EMP Device (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Total: 45

Edit: drat just realized cloak is small ship only

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 7, 2017

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Look, if you want to get silly with it:

G-1A Starfighter: •4-LOM (39)
•Experimental Interface (3)
•Mist Hunter (0)
•Squad Leader (2)
•Cikatro Vizago (0)
Sensor Jammer (4)
•Cloaking Device (2)
Tractor Beam (1)

Total: 39/100

Enhanced Scopes probably better than Jammer for blocking and slicing.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Is the C-ROC finally out now?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Officially tomorrow, my local store has theirs in stock and ready to sell.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I really like the X-wing Squadron Builder app but it hasn't updated since Rogue One. I've tried other apps and I hate the UI and how you choose ships and upgrades.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I really like the X-wing Squadron Builder app but it hasn't updated since Rogue One. I've tried other apps and I hate the UI and how you choose ships and upgrades.

If you are on Android, Startactics is amazing. Updates are great, he updated the app the day Guns for Hire was announced.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Wow yeah, Startactics is really good.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

So we're between league cycles at my local store. We were thinking of trying some furball or some such. Anyone have any preferred rule sets for furball, such as point limit and the likes?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
My favorite squad builder is still X-Wing Squads Designer, which you have to sideload because Disney is capricious.

https://plus.google.com/117131374075828331639/posts/Vf8UER8Y1ro

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG updated the FAQ. https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/6e/96/6e96c3c3-85e1-4138-97f6-5b31cef1bee7/x-wing_faq_v433_low.pdf

CROC base isn't a misprint. IG2000 title is Scum only. Ships can't perform actions during setup.

What's up with the last one. Some weird rule for Jake and Hyperwave Comm Scanner?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyonero posted:

IG2000 title is Scum only.
BOOOOOO.

I mean, it makes sense. But still, boooo

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I'm amazed we actually got a faq before the product released!!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

canyonero posted:

CROC base isn't a misprint.

Oh, it's a misprint. This is an easy way of fixing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

So is there any chance of heavy FAQ's rolling through any time soon, or has Store Champ season put that kind of stuff on hold?

• Locked thread