Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

K. Waste posted:

Well, I'm fired.

Baskin Robbins always finds out.

I'm sorry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Those fuckers! What happened? Steal a bunch of ice cream.

Apparently some customer(s) complained about me doing 'culturally insensitive' voices, which may be related to that when I've been bored I've been making up characters to play, but they're either a guy from Tennessee or Ringo from Liverpool, so I have no idea what the gently caress.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

Apparently some customer(s) complained about me doing 'culturally insensitive' voices, which may be related to that when I've been bored I've been making up characters to play, but they're either a guy from Tennessee or Ringo from Liverpool, so I have no idea what the gently caress.

Are you talking in weird voices selling people ice cream(??)

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

:shittypop:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

Hell, this guy's more punk than me!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

K. Waste posted:

Well, I'm fired.

Steal everything that isn't nailed down on your way out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hell, this guy's more punk than me!

He should have been on the cover of Maximum Rock n roll

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l23JsoTbT4

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

K. Waste posted:

That sucks. But I'm sure you'll be able to laugh it off eventually. Makes me wish someone complained about when I decided to talk like Charles Bronson all day a month ago.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

where did k waste work

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Coffee And Pie posted:

Steal everything that isn't nailed down on your way out.

They did the smart thing and waited for me to call them when I realized on my last day that I wasn't scheduled for the next week. I had literally zero notice.

My only regret besides being unemployed again is that I won't be able to get anymore of the free donuts I would swag because the rich cunts never by them and the store just throws them out anyway.

CelticPredator posted:

Are you talking in weird voices selling people ice cream(??)

Yeah, it's hilarious.

I forgot about the other character Llewyn who has a really monotone, nerdy voice and always hums just once after each sentence.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The White House.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CelticPredator posted:

where did k waste work

Halo Pub in Princeton, NJ, if you're ever down there grab some ice cream, it's loving delicious despite the black souls of the people who made it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i only do voices if people ask me too. otherwise nah. even then, might still be a nah. you'd get the one person who wanted it laughing, and everyone else staring at you like you're a weirdy

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

CelticPredator posted:

i only do voices if people ask me too. otherwise nah. even then, might still be a nah. you'd get the one person who wanted it laughing, and everyone else staring at you like you're a weirdy

But if you do it long enough it's no longer you doing a voice and instead it's just a line of people who are convinced that that's actually the way you talk. That's what gets me off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kissyaizilo&t=4s

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think we have reached a new peak in goonosity for this thread

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm pretty sure K.Waste is a supporting character in a David Lynch film.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does the radio have the uncanny ability to play a song I really like as soon as I'm pulling into my destination?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

K. Waste posted:

Well, I'm fired.

Your boss is still in the room aren't they?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Hollismason posted:

Your boss is still in the room aren't they?

Nah now I'm walking my dogs - I'm gonna go home, play with them, watch the third episode of Perfect Lives, and then use this time constructively to edit together some dissection videos for my make up artist/gorehound friend's birthday present

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Food service is living hell. Everyone should work in food service at least once if just to gain empathy for workers, but I'd put a bullet in my skull before I'd go back to that. A few years in high school were enough to make me never be a jerk to wait staff or cooks ever.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I didn't need to work in food service to have empathy for those who did.

But now I work in food service and it's bad and okay at the same time. At least my boss is cool. I have a week off this week to do nothing but create and chill. So that's nice.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I just don't enjoy it, it feels bloated and tedious.

I enjoyed Hook as a kid and there's lots of cool bits in it but this is not wrong.

The Super Nintendo game is alright.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Egbert Souse posted:

Food service is living hell. Everyone should work in food service at least once if just to gain empathy for workers, but I'd put a bullet in my skull before I'd go back to that. A few years in high school were enough to make me never be a jerk to wait staff or cooks ever.

Same, it takes an incredible amount for me to be mad at a waiter

The dude who made us wait half an hour before he even came over when we were his only table is the only time I can think of I'm recent history

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Egbert Souse posted:

That's basically my attitude. I've worked at various McDonald's for 8 years of my life. At various times, I've found the pace and the challenge to be quite fulfilling, but overall, I've seen enough of the big picture to recognize how toxic of an environment it is and I would love very much to never, ever go back.

The writing intensive credit from this horrible class I've been bitching about is the last thing I need to graduate. I didn't find a job 6 months ago when I should have, but I'm in the job search right now, and the idea that I may get an actual job that doesn't involve sweating my rear end off, breaking my back, frequent burns, and being covered in airborne grease, is basically the most optimistic thing ever.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Same, it takes an incredible amount for me to be mad at a waiter

The dude who made us wait half an hour before he even came over when we were his only table is the only time I can think of I'm recent history

I'll actually tip more if it's bad service because either they're having a lovely time or I'm going to guilt them.

Also, 2 1/2 years in retail and 6 years in phone service have made me sympathetic to the point where I have to get over feeling bad to push about stuff.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

K. Waste posted:

Yeah, it's hilarious.

I forgot about the other character Llewyn who has a really monotone, nerdy voice and always hums just once after each sentence.

What in the everloving gently caress is wrong with you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tomorrow is my final day working in retail, and then a couple weeks before I start a new State job. It doesn't even pay that much more, but I'm feeling unbelievably liberating and more optimistic about the future than I have in years.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

in my 25 years of existence, I've only sent back food, like...twice I think. Both times because they were just really bad. If I order something and it's just mediocre, then...oh well? I'll pay for it, and never order it, or never go back again. No big deal.

And when it's busy as poo poo, and service is slow, I'm more patient than I ever am. I get legit anxiety when people bitch about bad service, when clearly there's two servers taking care of the whole restaurant. Hate those people. They're fucks.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Timby posted:

What in the everloving gently caress is wrong with you.

Also, sometimes totally unprovoked I would adopt a disgruntled police chief/cop movie voice and say to [x] co-worker, "Your devil may care attitude won't fly in this department, [x]. Here we do it by the book. Your bad attitude is liable to get someone killed." It never fails to get a laugh, so that's the better part of a day.

But the best part of the day is when we're in a rush, and I'll just put on my phone playing work safe music, and customers would be digging it. On two separate occasions, while I was waiting for a customer's chip card to read, we've song along to classic rock, once to the Beatles' "Nowhere Man," then again to Simon & Garfunkel's "The Only Living Boy in New York."

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I think I'm due for a rewatch of the show Terriers

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

K. Waste posted:

Halo Pub in Princeton, NJ, if you're ever down there grab some ice cream, it's loving delicious despite the black souls of the people who made it

This describes almost everything in princeton

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

weekly font posted:

This describes almost everything in princeton

For real.

edit: Technically the farm where they make the ice cream is in Lawrenceville, but that's just Princeton Lite, basically.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 7, 2017

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Nic Cage is gonna star in Panos Cosmatos' new film!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This one time a pizza delivery kid kept messing up my pizza and I sent it back with him 2 times and yelled at him the second time. They sent another pizza driver and got it right. Then I heard about a suicide that weekend at the papa johns. That's my papa johns story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

K. Waste posted:

Well, I'm fired.

You shouldn't have gone around telling everyone how great Sucker Punch is.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
he spelled out "IT'S LATENTLY FEMINIST" in sprinkles I want a refund

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I am a strong believer in the waiter test: if someone is rude to waiters they are a bad person, even if they are nice to you. I occasionally complain about something, but always very politely. I don't se what's so hard about treating other people like humans. The other day I offered the street sweeper outside our house a drink because it was hot; he said it was the second time in four years that anyone had done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tomorrow is my final day working in retail, and then a couple weeks before I start a new State job. It doesn't even pay that much more, but I'm feeling unbelievably liberating and more optimistic about the future than I have in years.

gently caress yeah! gently caress retail forever. I got out of that just about 2 years ago after 12 years in the poo poo of it and I haven't looked back.

• Locked thread