Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Messi has apparently invited the whole FC Barcelona squad including physios, masseuses and stuff. No coaching or board members allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Soulex posted:

Messi has apparently invited the whole FC Barcelona squad including physios, masseuses and stuff. No coaching or board members allowed.

To do what? Railroad watch party?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Toothpick counting contest.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

An entire warehouse filled with Rubik's Cubes

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
A tea-party with his dolls and his collection of milk bottle tops.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm stumped

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Gigi Galli posted:

Clash of Clans.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
A Minecraft Camp Nou

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
The People's Court marathon

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sorry, thought I put it. His goddamn wedding so yes a train party.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Saudi Arabian team refused to take part in a minute's silence for the Australian victims of the London attack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/saudi-arabia-footballers-ignore-minutes-silence-for-london-attack-victims?CMP=share_btn_tw

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This is pretty lovely and a dumb stance to take

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I despise Saudi Arabia the absolute lack of cunts smh

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
it's lovely but cmon just wear black armbands. these minutes of silence are getting out of hand

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Billions,not brains

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

Billions,not brains

They didn't make those billions by mismanaging their vast oil reserves. It's just baffling they would take a stance that they know everyone else would disagree with.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

They didn't make those billions by mismanaging their vast oil reserves.

They did, actually. But then they paid a bunch of money to fix it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i wish for all the oil in the gulf to turn into poo poo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Joke country IMO.

If any Saudis are reading this: Please don't pay someone to terrorise me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Xabi posted:

Joke country IMO.

If any Saudis are reading this: Please don't pay someone to terrorise me.

paging al-saqr

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

paging al-saqr

more like dik-saqr

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/874570976117305349

Ronald has been accused of doing a bigger tax fraud than Messi.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/874570976117305349

Ronald has been accused of doing a bigger tax fraud than Messi.

He's the best of the best, op

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Messi is the GOAT.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
When the other global icon in your league goes on trial for massive tax fraud, you would think you'd have a call with your accountant and tell him to make sure everything is above board, but apparently not.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
They're footballers and dumb as gently caress so clearly he wouldn't even be aware of any of this. It's all the accountants and moneymen that he surrounds himself with to manage his infinite amount of cash which is why this keeps happening.

.........right?

He's probably asking what tax is right now.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wirth1000 posted:

They're footballers and dumb as gently caress so clearly he wouldn't even be aware of any of this. It's all the accountants and moneymen that he surrounds himself with to manage his infinite amount of cash which is why this keeps happening.

.........right?

He's probably asking what tax is right now.

Yeah probably not. They're loving stupid and I'm sure they were told this was a cool way to pay less taxes.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
All these high profile players in Spain are being hit by tax evasion cases because of an act created for the galacticos. The Spanish government wanted to attract similar players as well as wealthy foreign businessmen by having flexible tax laws that allowed foreigners the ability to be taxed as Spanish residents or non-Spanish residents. Non-Spanish residents pay less taxes on money earned outside of Spain, so players with tons of imaging rights and sponsorship deals (Beckham, Messi, Ronaldo, etc...) basically go above and beyond to market themselves in order to make money hand-over-fist outside of Spain. Too bad Spain is broke as gently caress now and they want to send a message. The law has been under review since 2009 so it's been a legal grey area whether it's still applicable or not. It's a little lovely form the Spanish government to do this to players while the law is still in the books and the players meet the qualifications, but it definitely is a case where people should have seen the other high profile players getting hit by these cases out of nowhere and read the writing on the wall.

All that being said, this is nowhere near the Panama Papers or Harry Redknapp hiding money in a Monaco bank account under his dog's name.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ronaldo doesn't have the same autism defense as Messi, no way he's getting out of this one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

And as of that tweet last week he can't take the Harry defence either

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

St Evan Echoes posted:

And as of that tweet last week he can't take the Harry defence either

Is his dog still alive?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

Is his dog still alive?

No but he was reading his book :)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Pobre velho Rosie. Eu a joguei em uma piscina.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Federico Allende, a defender for Argentine lower league team team Sport Pacifico, has admitted on radio that he used a needle to harass Estudiantes strikers in what was a major cup upset.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Real talk, a needle seems like precisely the sort of thing so messed up it'd really throw off a player

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Federico Allende, a defender for Argentine lower league team team Sport Pacifico, has admitted on radio that he used a needle to harass Estudiantes strikers in what was a major cup upset.

Back in the 60s, Estudiantes players were accused of using needles in a similar way.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/11/29/estudiantes-a-90-minute-man-hunt/

Maybe it all balances out in the end.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
are they just using a sewing needle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/IndyFootball/status/875237688676237312
Modric is taking a lot of heat due to some shady business arrangements involving his transfer to Tottenham. Dinamo Zagreb's owner Zdravko Mamic ended up taking a huge chunk of the transfer fee personally, instead of it going to the club. Modric has changed his testimony to seemingly protect Mamic.

Sounds like a fun trial.

quote:

Modric has previously been called “Mamic’s cash machine”, but now, with him denying the prosecution the very essential element of his testimony, he’s about to become a despised figure by large sections of football fans.

The trial was supposed to continue after Modric’s testimony with Liverpool’s Dejan Lovren, another one of ‘Mamic’s players’, testifying.

However, Mamic made a big scene in the courtroom on Wednesday morning, quarreling with his own lawyers before firing them in front of everybody, saying he’ll defend himself.