Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

fargom posted:

Holy hell how can you be so wrong? S12K with an extended mag is amazing for close range/building entry.

He's wrong because Goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Haha at least he got pushed a bit I guess.

Carebearz posted:

He's wrong because Goon

Also I'm bad.

Has anyone had a reward crate just drop nothing? I just opened one and had the same number of items in my inventory as before and no duplicates.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Also I'm bad.

Has anyone had a reward crate just drop nothing? I just opened one and had the same number of items in my inventory as before and no duplicates.

I've had that crate thing happen once when i opened one immediately after another. The 2nd one gave me nothing.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Yodzilla posted:

Also I'm bad.

You sure you don't see the x6 fingerless glove stack? The game is really terrible at showing you what you opened

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

fargom posted:

Holy hell how can you be so wrong? S12K with an extended mag is amazing for close range/building entry.

I think the thing with the Saiga is you sort of have to use attachments for it better suited for putting on your AR, plus you can't stick a choke on it.

Also the game really, really needs priority for reviving over picking up random poo poo. Lost a squad member to bleed out because he was on top of a bunch of clothing.

This ironically is a mechanic that Arma does better since you can scroll the action you want to do.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You sure you don't see the x6 fingerless glove stack? The game is really terrible at showing you what you opened

Yeah I've just got one of everything.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

It really is. At the very least it should have a text popup that says what you got.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Yodzilla posted:

Also I'm bad.

my last box had duplicates of stuff I already had so I pretty much counted that as nothing

also, saiga is the best shotgun imho, albeit the pump is situationally better sometimes.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 7, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I've just got one of everything.

It really is. At the very least it should have a text popup that says what you got.

Weird then. I don't see the number in the upper right of each box until I click to equip it. 5 red shirts, 6 fingerless gloves. Dressup is less fun if everything is the same

speaking of not being able to see text, I wish I could change the compass colors so I could actually see the numbers instead of just the cardinal directions

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carebearz posted:

also, saiga is the best shotgun imho, albeit the pump is situationally better sometimes.

I find the pump the most pleasing to use, but that's pure aesthetics.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Inspector_666 posted:

I find the pump the most pleasing to use, but that's pure aesthetics.

I prefer the saiga because I own one myself and learned to hate pump action shotties while active duty

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carebearz posted:

I prefer the saiga because I own one myself and learned to hate pump action shotties while active duty

There's just something about knocking out a guy with one blast, then walking over as you work the action to deliver the coup de grace. It's very...judicious.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
over under blap blap

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

fargom posted:

Its starts aren't great compared to the other two. https://pubg.me/weapons/shotguns

You're right that's it's great for building clearing but it's worse in every other situation. I'd rather have the double barrel, especially if I've found its modification. Maybe if there was more dense city fighting its niche would be more useful but you're way more likely to be in a mid or long range fight.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

new fov change setting?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oh hey, it's Foxhole.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Great Beer posted:

Its starts aren't great compared to the other two. https://pubg.me/weapons/shotguns

You're right that's it's great for building clearing but it's worse in every other situation. I'd rather have the double barrel, especially if I've found its modification. Maybe if there was more dense city fighting its niche would be more useful but you're way more likely to be in a mid or long range fight.

still, i've consistently gotten better performance out of the saiga, but it all boils down to a preference thing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was watching JoshOG last night and they had a final circle fall directly on top of a bridge. First time I'd ever seen that. It came down to him and his teammate below the bridge versus two people on top and they managed to win by just having more healing than the other guys.

Would've been cooler if it had been completely over the water so they would have had to take the bridge, but maybe it's not possible for the game to generate a final circle over water..

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

PantsBandit posted:

I was watching JoshOG last night and they had a final circle fall directly on top of a bridge. First time I'd ever seen that. It came down to him and his teammate below the bridge versus two people on top and they managed to win by just having more healing than the other guys.

Would've been cooler if it had been completely over the water so they would have had to take the bridge, but maybe it's not possible for the game to generate a final circle over water..

it used to be but they made it so that wouldn't happen anymore

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I agree with all you guys, shotguns are now trash.

But oh. https://streamable.com/empaj

Pristine Lv1 vest, Lv2 helmet. Was it really down to having 99hp from a bad landing from a building?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ThePeavstenator posted:

it used to be but they made it so that wouldn't happen anymore

Probably for the best. Still, it would be cool if they could add some kind of exception for bridges as I think that's an interesting location for a final showdown.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

It came down to him and his teammate below the bridge versus two people on top and they managed to win by just having more healing than the other guys.

Seen a similar thing with Shroud while he was streaming. The circle ended over one of the bunker tunnels. Them on top in the grass and another team in the tunnels. At this point the entry for the tunnels had already fallen out of the circle. So this is another place that this same thing can happen.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

There's just something about knocking out a guy with one blast, then walking over as you work the action to deliver the coup de grace. It's very...judicious.

Over under is better because instead of the the slowest reload in shotgun history, you just vaporize the top half of someone with a double hit.

I like the Saiga though, it lets me panic fire inside a building and it will probably hit someone.

I'd like to see a MasterKey gun attachment if they could figure out how to do that in game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Say what you will about shotguns but there are few greater joys than jumping off a ledge and splattering someone as you come down.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

frank.club posted:

Say what you will about shotguns but there are few greater joys than jumping off a ledge and splattering someone as you come down.

Or jumping to get a shot through a window.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:tipshat:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ObservantFastPieSquadGoals

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Explain what I'm doing wrong:
I have a rifle with a scope, let's say 4x.
I am in first person.
I hold RMB and, instead of using the scope, my view zooms in a tiny bit.

How the junk do I use the scope?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Press right-click instead of holding it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Explain what I'm doing wrong:
I have a rifle with a scope, let's say 4x.
I am in first person.
I hold RMB and, instead of using the scope, my view zooms in a tiny bit.

How the junk do I use the scope?

Double right click

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Watched some Grimmz videos. Goddamn I mean his shooting ability is unreal but even better is his general awareness. I don't think I'll ever shoot as well as Grimmz but goddamn I hope at some point I can just have his ability to have a 6th sense for where everyone is. I only saw him get legit surprised in these vids like twice.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Back to back dinners babeeee

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Whoops

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

More upset by double pictures of a screen.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Im mad about it too tbh cause printscreen just takes pics of my desktop & i'm not gonna dig through menus to find if there is a in game one

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
F12 takes screenshots in any Steam game.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Where is the Whitehouse.gov petition to buff crossbows? The low damage, long reload and scarce ammo I can live with but the arrow drop distance is just spoiling the fun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

nmagness posted:

Where is the Whitehouse.gov petition to buff crossbows? The low damage, long reload and scarce ammo I can live with but the arrow drop distance is just spoiling the fun.

It has damage only second to the AWM, how is it low damage?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

It has damage only second to the AWM, how is it low damage?

For real; the crossbow has quite a few problems that keep it from being amazing, but damage is definitely not one.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
So there I was running a solo pubg drop, finishing my initial loot run and the driving across the map in a buggy to get into fighting position when I encounter some dudes in dacias driving around near me, what happens next made me speechless

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
First night of playing since the leaderboard reset. Opponents definitely seemed a lot worse than before. One of the losses was even caused by me crashing as soon as we loaded into the plane :(

• Locked thread