Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bobfly posted:

More to the point, did you see the footage of the fight? With the lotus flowers and the giant lady? That's why we gotta fight the primals. Because it's a good way for the art team to trip out and do something super cool.

E: Or chrysanthemum or whatever

Yeah giant hologram projection Lakshmi looming over the field during the fight looked really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Countblanc posted:

alphinaud is a horn dog who apparently hit on all the girls back in magic academy, including krile

I'm glad of it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dmboogie posted:

all that i ask for in this game is a primal phase transition that can match the sheer hype factor of shiva's

"YOU CHALLENGE ME WITH TRICKERY?!" is my favorite

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

somewhere in 3.X, alphinaud makes a freudian slip when they are talking about when yshtola got poo poo out of the aether nude and implies that he remembers it with perfect detail. this is in the same conversation where he is talking about how he likes to draw people

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really like Bis' song in Phase II and I think Sephirot's whole spiel is pretty epic.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ravana Ex after Bloody Fuller is going to sync up with his music again once there is forced ilvl sync for HW primals in DF and it'll be great.

But nobody will ever run him that way so welp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Wacky Delly posted:

Also if you're just starting, play on Excalibur. You might have to make your character at 7am, but the support network that the 3 goon guilds has is pretty great.

character creation hasnt been locked for like 2-3 weeks

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

dmboogie posted:

all that i ask for in this game is a primal phase transition that can match the sheer hype factor of shiva's

Same. Shiva's suden stomp into drums into punkrock is the best. Brute Justice is also almost as good. Zurvan's is hilariously edgy, too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Countblanc posted:

I'm glad Y'shtola and Alisaie are dead.

The cast neeeded to make room for Hamon Holyfist.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

This might change in the next week, so it's worth trying to make a character ASAP.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Firstborn posted:

What the hell is the rotating sword sheath about?

Samurai requires level 50, right? And the game comes with a boost token, right? So could I be a complete newbie baby and start with Samurai if I get Stormblood but have no prior FFXIV experience and be ~that guy~?

It doesn't come with a boost AND you can't use boost on samurai or redmage if you did buy one.

So no you can't be that guy.

Jalisr
Dec 11, 2011
If there are still people who care, I updated my spreadsheet to do:
a) Critical Hit modeling
b) Party buff modeling
c) All sorts of other things that I forgot about since I last posted about it here.

Copy it and put your skills in order on D column, the spreadsheet does everything. Use how you like:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ckFLuiTQ2Ulp8q6xAei_tp89oB4k9Xz637sfiwIYYgA/edit?usp=sharing

Tell me about any bugs if you're using this since I'm sure there's plenty. Sperg, out.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Truga posted:

Same. Shiva's suden stomp into drums into punkrock is the best. Brute Justice is also almost as good. Zurvan's is hilariously edgy, too.

Shiva's still my favorite primal theme because of that amazing transition.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Saw something in the trailer. It looks like YdaLyse (I am gonna keep loving that up until like, 4.3, I swear) has picked up a one-handed katar-thingy. I wonder what its significance is?

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

She heard about the PLD buffs.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone have the boss music from the dungeon preview saved anywhere? Someone ripped and uploaded it to youtube but it got taken down by SE.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon King posted:

That is one awesome Level 3 Limit Break. :stare:

It's funny because more than any other LB3 it feels like it's someone doing something they really shouldn't be doing, like some kind of spell that was lost to the ages because last time it was attempted it wiped out several cities, or something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Saw something in the trailer. It looks like YdaLyse (I am gonna keep loving that up until like, 4.3, I swear) has picked up a one-handed katar-thingy. I wonder what its significance is?

It looked like a basic pre-Rogue Gladiator Knife so any significance to that is going to tie in whether the 'Zelos introduces what he's really capable of scene' happens before or after it. If before it could be her being not fully confident in the power of Boot-To-The-Face, if after it could be her trying something new because Swords Are Sharp And Skin Is Not.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Tsurupettan posted:

My buddy made a character a couple days ago at like 2 pm no problem. :shrug:

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Just getting into the game and was looking to play with goons. Is there any appreciable difference between the guilds? Or should I just choose one at random?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Desht posted:

Just getting into the game and was looking to play with goons. Is there any appreciable difference between the guilds? Or should I just choose one at random?

TPT has the best house and a no story spoilers in chat policy, PBC is marginally more serious about raiding, DGKK has lots of ASCII dick spam. Pick whichever one appeals to you the most.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Truga posted:

Same. Shiva's suden stomp into drums into punkrock is the best.

Yep! It's like something out of Metal Gear Rising.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

TPT has the best house and a no story spoilers in chat policy, PBC is marginally more serious about raiding, DGKK has lots of ASCII dick spam. Pick whichever one appeals to you the most.

I'm now immensely disappointed that I haven't seen a single ascii dick since joining dgkk.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

DGKK doesn't have ascii dick spam anymore, someone said neverlose got reported over those and he doesn't do them now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

all the dgkk dicks come from one guy and he was asked very nicely to stop when GMs threatened to brutally destroy our gay dick loving FC

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Hi we are still looking for a SCH/WAR/DRK for our static. Times are 6-10 PM PST Friday and Saturday. Discord message kc#5063 or post here if you're interested!!!!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Truga posted:

DGKK doesn't have ascii dick spam anymore, someone said neverlose got reported over those and he doesn't do them now

That's incredibly hosed up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

all the dgkk dicks come from one guy and he was asked very nicely to stop when GMs threatened to brutally destroy our gay dick loving FC

What the gently caress is even the point of DGKK any more???

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Brainamp posted:

My buddy made a character a couple days ago at like 2 pm no problem. :shrug:

exactly, i just made another today a few hours ago without issue, one a couple nights back and Sam like 2 weeks ago mid-day.

Lemon-Lime posted:

i posted ascii dicks in pbc on macro monday too. :colbert:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there any big differences between the grand companies?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Jimbot posted:

Only in the appearance of their gear.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jimbot posted:

Maelstrom has pirates and a red color theme. So yes.

Tsurupettan posted:

exactly, i just made another today a few hours ago without issue, one a couple nights back and Sam like 2 weeks ago mid-day.

Ah, sorry. Misread and thought you said it was locked.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wacky Delly posted:

Only in the appearance of their gear.

Also don't you get a different salute emote and one of the Veteran Award minions takes the form of the leader of the Grand Company you're in.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
One more question about Stormblood and jobs. Once SAM is unlocked, do you make a new character as a SAM, or use your existing one?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Firstborn posted:

One more question about Stormblood and jobs. Once SAM is unlocked, do you make a new character as a SAM, or use your existing one?

existing, all jobs can be played on one character

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Ok, so not possible to make a new character as a SAM/RDM, and no reason why you would. One character...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You make one character, pick a starting class, level that (or any other class if you decide you don't like the starting one) to 50 (getting your job stone at 30 on the way), then go unlock SAM/RDM (which start at 50).

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Firstborn posted:

Ok, so not possible to make a new character as a SAM/RDM, and no reason why you would. One character...

A basic sub only allows one character per server. With that one character you can level each job (including trade skills) and switch basically on the fly.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

You can also queue as one job and then switch to another to play as that while waiting for your dungeon or whatever to pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Firstborn posted:

FFXI and FFXIV are built around using a single character than can switch jobs, (reminiscent of games like Final Fantasy 5 or Tactics) rather than rolling a ton of alts. I would suggest sticking to one character. Its actually more expensive monthly fee if you have more than one anyways.

The upside is you don't have to repeat quests, and you can keep some of the abilities of your other leveled classes with your main class. You have to reach a certain level to unlock a chocobo mount, but once you get it, if you switch to a level 1 class, you can still use it. Things like that. But the downside was it basically forced you to level certain other classes to get abilities to make certain classes good, so Stormblood is getting rid of some of that system. You can still jump classes/jobs at any time post-SB, but you won't need to level other classes for abilities if you don't want to.

Base classes start at level 1. Standard 'jobs' require you to level one class to 30 and another to 15 and then do a quest to get the 'job crystal'. The other class level 15 requirement might also go away post-SB.
Dark knight, Machinist and Astrologian require you to be level 50 in any job/class, and then you start those jobs at 30. They have no base class.
SAM and RDM require you to be 50, and will start at level 50. They have no base class.

You can swap at any time to any class you have unlocked, and you can become the job at any time by equipping the job crystal. If you un-equip it, you return to the base class, if there is one.

Stormblood begins at level 60 and ends at level 70.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 8, 2017

• Locked thread