Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

redbackground posted:

Well why don't you marry it!

It's not legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
She better say yes and there better be a wedding issue. If DC backs out (like the cowards they are) I will be unhappy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I would loving love a full on Wedding of Scott Summers and Jean Grey issue.

I actually haven't read it yet. I only had time to read one book before work this morning and I chose Superman. Probably because DC already broke the news on Batman yesterday.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Massive delays aside, DK3 was a pretty enjoyable read. This final issue in particular shows that Miller still got it in him, then again Last Crusade was also pretty darn good as well.

That said, I'm more impressed by the way Miller's artwork improved by leap and bounds over the course of this series.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
He had Azzarello helping him with writing an Kubert helping with art.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kubert and Miller's art is separated, though. They aren't trying to pretend like he has any part in drawing the main story.

edit: As far as I've read. I haven't cracked the final issue.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

haitfais posted:

He had Azzarello helping him with writing an Kubert helping with art.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kubert and Miller's art is separated, though. They aren't trying to pretend like he has any part in drawing the main story.

edit: As far as I've read. I haven't cracked the final issue.

Yeah, Kubert and Azzarello are helping with the main feature. The backups are all Miller. Those pages I posted are from the backup.

Anyways, I got caught up with Bane Conquest and while it does have some issues is the best take on Bane in years. The best part is that is mostly ignoring King's bullshit.

Dixon writes a really nuanced Bane that is equally brawls and brain that can finally go five minutes without telling he will break you. Dixon also brings back the begrudgingly respect Bruce and Bane have for each other and lets them work together for a common goal. Nothing of the macho "I'm better than you" bullshit that other writers force on them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The backups stories are certainly the best work Miller has done in awhile. I can't say I loved the series as a whole, but I stuck with it, so there's that.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I wasn't all that interested in DK3 but I absolutely adored the Last Crusade so I think overall DK3 had something really good come out of it after all. I kind of really want to read DK: Boy Wonder if Miller ever finally writes it - especially if it's of a similar quality to Last Crusade.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, Kubert and Azzarello are helping with the main feature. The backups are all Miller. Those pages I posted are from the backup.

In that case, I agree. That's some pretty impressive work from Franky.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goodbye old chum. :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-west-dead-batman-star-832264

quote:

Adam West, the ardent actor who managed to keep his tongue in cheek while wearing the iconic cowl of the Caped Crusader on the classic 1960s series Batman, has died. He was 88.

West, who was at the pinnacle of pop culture after Batman debuted in January 1966, only to see his career fall victim to typecasting after the ABC show flamed out, died Friday night in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, a family spokesperson said.

West died peacefully surrounded by his family and is survived by his wife Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Fuuuuck, I just saw this pop up too. 😞

He was just on the Lebatard Show what a couple of weeks ago telling Jeff Garland how much his impression of him sucked

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Well this day sucks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

:(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Some days you just can't...

...think of a stupidly glib thing to say. Safe travels, big yin.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Adam West is the reason I like Batman in the first place, hell.

He'll probably always be the adaptation that was the most faithful to the comics. Rest in peace, chum.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Samovar posted:

Some days you just can't...

...think of a stupidly glib thing to say. Safe travels, big yin.

He would be giving us a cheesy lesson on mortality.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/874347812745510913

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 13, 2017

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I just finished reading Batwing. It felt a little mean-spirited at times but it was cool to see African heroes and villains.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/874860289283559425

https://twitter.com/CoriMarie21/status/874862072093450240

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is Emperor Palpatine in Batman?

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I'm going to be super upset whenever Clayface inevitably backslides into villainy. His friendship with Cass is too good.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is Robin a thing you can still be in your mid to late 20s now?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is Robin a thing you can still be in your mid to late 20s now?

EXCUSE ME he is Red Robin

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He's also probably not even 20 considering he was getting college acceptance letters before he was taken.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sorry, I just assumed that was Jason.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sorry, I just assumed that was Jason.

You should be reading Detective Comics.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

You should be reading Detective Comics.

I mean... it's okay. I read it, but not for Red Robin or associated drama :v:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

How have the Rebirth Harley Quinn COmics been. I kind of lost track of DC stuff for a bit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BigRed0427 posted:

How have the Rebirth Harley Quinn COmics been. I kind of lost track of DC stuff for a bit.

I don't think there's ever been a good Harley Quinn comic. Unless you count Injustice.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

X-O posted:

I don't think there's ever been a good Harley Quinn comic. Unless you count Injustice.

:sigh: Thats what I thought. the New 52 Harley tried so hard to be funny and yet was just so loving lazy at the same time.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Paul Dini's short time on Gotham City Sirens was pretty drat good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bumped off well before Rebirth, but I didn't mind Palmiotti/Conner Quinn at all.

edit: Loved the new Det. Especially the art. There's so much packed into those spreads, but somehow it's not too busy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman was great, but I don't envy King having to come up with riddles for the rest of the year.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I liked it a lot. Also the end would suggest Selina said yes , yeah?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Kinda didn't care for yet another "Bat-villain walks around randomly murdering people" intro.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I didn't really like the part where the Riddler lists off the names of the guards' daughters, and they just let him leave for some reason. I don't really get how letting him go logically follows from him knowing who their families are. You'd think it would be more incentive for them to either shoot him or make sure he stays in custody.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Remember this is right after Zero Year with his almost god-like imprisoning of the city for months. They probably assume he'll get whatever he's implying done if they oppose him at all.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was just more amused that apparently every single guard there had a daughter.

Unless he also listed off somebody's step-niece or something, and they just didn't say anything because why would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I am a slow comics reader, so I finally just got to reading Dark Days: The Forge. I'm certainly interested as to what Snyder has had percolating for apparently so long, and the reveal of what was in the Fortress of Solitude was pretty great. Carter's journal narration was way too overly vague and kind of simply frustrating to read, as it was pretty clear he wasn't going to say anything of actual importance, but just pussyfoot around the edges of useful information throughout the issue. I enjoyed Hal and Duke's interaction more than I thought I would, too. I'm not quite clear what the reading order situation for this series is (is it an ongoing? 12-issue mini?), so I'll probably just read whatever issues Snyder pens.

• Locked thread