Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Goddamn I didn't even get that much moto time.

The first morning of PT in basic and they are showing us the various PRT exercises and after doing the bend and reach I just stood there and thought "what the gently caress have I done"

Icon Of Sin posted:

I thought there was one about an army e6 doing something similar and getting caught/court-martialed over it, but I can't find it.

I seem to remember it being at Benning if that helps your search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

not caring here posted:

Goddamn I didn't even get that much moto time.

The first morning of PT in basic and they are showing us the various PRT exercises and after doing the bend and reach I just stood there and thought "what the gently caress have I done"

I seem to remember it being at Benning if that helps your search.

I think I finally got jaded when I came back from Haiti and we started doing really stupid poo poo like pounding tent stakes into asphalt for layouts.

In the Ft Knox summer

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I was one of those guys counting down to my ETS while still in basic. Went to a few bases, some sucked more than others, but in the end it was all Army everywhere.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I remember every jump checking the log and telling my buddies if anything happened to him find the rigger who packed my poo poo. It's not like they can't sign a fake name/initials, but it made me feel better.

After reading that article, I'm retroactively terrified.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wiesbaden is the only place I've ever been where the people stationed there were happy.

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
^I'm stationed there. It's a great place.

Still, I'm a little over a month away from ETS. If I didn't enjoy being in the Army here, I never will. I've been a part of this forum and places like r/army since I was in DEP. I'm fully aware of the Army experience outside of here. We get a small taste every now and then.

It is near the top of my list for intel contracting. Wpuld not mind being back here in a couple years after some time in the desert.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

To be honest, I loved most of the Army. Overall a net positive. Then again, I came from a hosed up abusive childhood and had undisguised mental health issues.
The Army broke me off pretty hard, but I am retired at 34, so there's that.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

psydude posted:

Wiesbaden is the only place I've ever been where the people stationed there were happy.

wonder if the pirate ship is still in the club

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I really liked Vilseck and would love be there in a heartbeat.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Landstuhl was kind of cool and I got a fuckload of perc prescribed to me at Ramstein so that was cool too. Italy was alright but gently caress the 173rd. Vahakyla if you don't take as much advantage of Edelweiss as you can you're an idiot.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Landstuhl was kind of cool and I got a fuckload of perc prescribed to me at Ramstein so that was cool too. Italy was alright but gently caress the 173rd. Vahakyla if you don't take as much advantage of Edelweiss as you can you're an idiot.

This. I went at least 10 times there. The Partnach Gorge is loving awesome. Summerroddlebahn is like a little roller coaster. Zugspitze is loving life changing and the Eagle's Nest/Salt mine tour was awesome. I seriously want to live there and would in a loving second.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
The Army is so loving terrible that being deployed was infinitely better than being at your duty station.

Every base is a poo poo hole and makes the surrounding area a shithole. Even Carson and JBLM. But especially Knox, Polk, and loving SILL

It's an old employment paradigm that still exists the way it does because people are retarded. gently caress the Army.

that said I owe the Army a lot, but I wouldn't reccomend it I was just a lil retarded

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

milk milk lemonade posted:

The Army is so loving terrible that being deployed was infinitely better than being at your duty station.

Every base is a poo poo hole and makes the surrounding area a shithole. Even Carson and JBLM. But especially Knox, Polk, and loving SILL

It's an old employment paradigm that still exists the way it does because people are retarded. gently caress the Army.

that said I owe the Army a lot, but I wouldn't reccomend it I was just a lil retarded

yeah i owe the army like i owe that abusive parent who put me through college.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I love being stationed here at JBLM, so much poo poo to do. It's why I'm staying here when I get out. Though I guess yeah, Lakewood is a shithole but that's why I live in North Tacoma with all the other LT's and CPT's.

One of the weirdest things I've noticed is that officers universally love being stationed in Washington but a slight majority of enlisted seem to hate here. A lot of NCO's seem to think there's too many hippies and liberals here, junior enlisted seem to either stay in the barracks on the weekends, have no money to do anything because half their paycheck is going towards their car payment, or they're embroiled in a lovely divorce. Some even prefer the uncivilized eastern half of the state, which is unforgivable.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's almost as if people who enlist are stupid

:iiam:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's that enlisted mentality, ran into it at Carson too. All this natural beauty, I'd rather blow my paycheck at loving Cowboys or the Mansion or Sirens on a Thursday and then run out of money and now I can't gas my car up better stay in be barracks and eat at the DFAC play COD and beat my dick all weekend

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
Haha I ran into the same thing at Lewis. I even convinced my command to waste a morning so I could give a "class on leisure activities" aka get out of some bullshit training and have a BBQ and talk about poo poo to do around the PNW. And I STILL had motherfuckers complaining about what a shithole Lewis was. All my friends and family are on the east coast so I'm staying here but drat if that place didn't kick some rear end.

I don't get it whatever hail Satan I'm on terminal.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
when i was in i would spend my money on video games and a rotation of chinese food and pizza and i would somehow be broke like four days before pay day.

one day about two years ago someone asked me "what do you spend all of your money on?" and i couldn't answer the question because i didn't know. then some personal things happened that could have really been avoided by having some type of financial security. ever since then i've been ridiculously OCD about keeping track of my finances. had i been smart when i was in the mil, i could probably have like $20k stashed away right now.

if you still have to ask how much anything you buy at the mall costs, then you don't make enough to not keep track of every penny.

also my old brigade at campbell had a change of command ceremony and it was a nice reminder that gently caress you if you're still in.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

"Hey, you guys remember that Air University thing? We thought that was a great idea."
- SMA

Now he's setting up shop literally outside my office. The pants-making GBS threads in the building is unreal.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Suntan Boy posted:

"Hey, you guys remember that Air University thing? We thought that was a great idea."
- SMA

Now he's setting up shop literally outside my office. The pants-making GBS threads in the building is unreal.

What?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Daly loving rules. Why would anyone poo poo their pants about his prescense

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Daly's fine, I just can't get into the room I work out of because he's holding court in an ER lobby. Also work has pretty much stopped all day so the baseboards can be extra clean. I just kinda hate VIPs in general.

But yeah, the army is getting its own useless unaccredited diploma mill, so we can be as good as the air force.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I've thrown at least two résumés handed to me by our recruiter in the trash because they listed AMU or MCU or some other lovely diploma mill.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Oh the irony.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

windshipper posted:

Oh the irioniy.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
So... how many of you are going to send some BS to that email address?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Aranan posted:

So... how many of you are going to send some BS to that email address?

If by BS you mean goatse, yes that's what I'm going to do.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

milk milk lemonade posted:

100% agree. Deployments sucked but they were 8billion times better than GWOT-era garrison army.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

Deployments sucked but they were 8billion times better than GWOT-era garrison army.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

there went my weekend

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Bad Poster did you get today off? I know the whole BDE leaves on Sunday but some companies still had to work today.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
deployments were cool before they would give SGLI for suicide because otherwise like man it was like throwing away 400k or whatever it was

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

Bad Poster did you get today off? I know the whole BDE leaves on Sunday but some companies still had to work today.

Yeah, had to earn it by working until like 9 pm yesterday though. Joke's on me anyway, I've got duty Saturday.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, had to earn it by working until like 9 pm yesterday though. Joke's on me anyway, I've got duty Saturday.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Saturday

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

drat, that sucks. We worked late all week to make sure we had Friday off before heading out to Yakima on sunday with the rest of the BDE. I'm just glad it's not another month long rotation

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Eighty-worst?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bell_ posted:

Eighty-worst?

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold the gently caress up. Hold. The. gently caress. Up.

Do not take the hundred and worst's moniker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Tell that to Washington State Guardsmen.