Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Ignis posted:

Kamen Rider W didn't invent Riders with scarves wat :psyduck:

Nope, W was the first Rider with a scarf.

In fact, W invented scarves as a concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ignis posted:

Look at the image, please. The suit is clearly two different suits stuck together in the middle. He's got a mechanical antenna on one side, and an organic-looking one on the other.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ignis posted:

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the fact the suit appears to be asymmetrical and the widget to transform looks like two different USB drives.

That doesn't mean it's a W sequel or anything but nobody said anything about the scarf.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the fact the suit appears to be asymmetrical and the widget to transform looks like two different USB drives.

That doesn't mean it's a W sequel or anything but nobody said anything about the scarf.

Looks to me more like they're sports drinks

Sports Rider here we come

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, now see, I was surmising that "Build" meant the devices would be like Lego, but now we're talking about "build"ing muscle!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
You can't "henshin" into a hero at a moments notice. Henshin is a continuous process of healthy eating and rigorous and disciplined exercise.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I continue to enjoy Kyuranger, even though this week's powerup was used by Lucky and obviously made him more powerful, its primary effect was to power up two other members of the team.

Also doesn't seem like anyone else is going to pick up the Korean Kyoruger sequel so I guess I'll have to deal with TVN subs.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sounds like the latest build stuff also mentions it premiering in august so ex-aid won't be running for a full year

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Brother Entropy posted:

sounds like the latest build stuff also mentions it premiering in august so ex-aid won't be running for a full year

I mean, that's fair. It kind of seems like they're hurtling toward the finale in Ex-Aid. The Big Bad has appeared and the original villains are breaking ranks left and right.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh yeah i ain't complaining, the alternative would be stretching out this final arc with some more MotWs and that'd be annoying

really it's not like these shows are a year-long because they've got a year's worth of story in 'em, they just like adhering to a stable toy schedule

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I had honestly assumed we'd have a bit with Chronos for awhile before Gamedeus appeared to be the real actual final boss. I could see that going for 48 episodes or w/e.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, that's fair. It kind of seems like they're hurtling toward the finale in Ex-Aid. The Big Bad has appeared and the original villains are breaking ranks left and right.

To be fair, Ex-Aid has kind of felt like it was pushing end game since Dan got the actually undead part of dangerous zombie.

Man this show's been so good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I would love the poo poo out of a W sequel. Or even spiritual successor.

Edit It's also entirely possible this is a sort of OOO situation where he's "building" the suit out of several parts.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 6, 2017

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit It's also entirely possible this is a sort of OOO situation where he's "building" the suit out of several parts.

A perfect opportunity for Saban to bring a revitalized Masked Rider to the western world, now part of the Zord Builder system!! :shepface:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Shaezerus posted:

A perfect opportunity for Saban to bring a revitalized Masked Rider to the western world, now part of the Zord Builder system!! :shepface:

Honestly Ex-Aid would be a pretty good candidate for being brought over, it or Drive

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Getting around to Ex-Aid and hot drat, Lazer. Getting handed a belt but it turning you into a bike in a modern Heisei show is the most tragic thing I've seen in Rider.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Motto posted:

Getting around to Ex-Aid and hot drat, Lazer. Getting handed a belt but it turning you into a bike in a modern Heisei show is the most tragic thing I've seen in Rider.

:rip:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Motto posted:

keep watching

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Terui has a choice in the matter beyond "be a chibi spinning top". :v:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Motto posted:

I Have No Legs and I Must Rider Kick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
W was a simple concept and it's like they've been trying to one-up that since then. A return to the basics wouldn't be the worst thing imo but Wizard and Ghost had the most basic designs and were kinda trashy so I guess we're on track for another one of those seasons.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To be fair, Wizard's suits looked pretty alright.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PMush Perfect posted:

So did most of Ghosts. Their transformations were pretty straightforward too. OOOs, Fourze (With the gimmicks) Drive, and Ex-Aid look like huge messes but their series are pretty great.

I'm not going to be very optimistic for a basic design series, the last couple years kinda show us that the more stream-lined a suit is the more generic the show will be.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
OOO and Drive's suits are great. :colbert:

Especially OOO

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mikeycp posted:

OOO and Drive's suits are great. :colbert:

Especially OOO
Gatakiriba is still one of my favorite suits.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Wizard seems like the most easy to adapt. Mostly by jettisoning the old plot and making up an original one that makes use of the suits and props. Everything is relatively low-key if they want to aim for a more mature audience. It's not all that appealing toyetically though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Wizard seems like the most easy to adapt. Mostly by jettisoning the old plot and making up an original one that makes use of the suits and props. Everything is relatively low-key if they want to aim for a more mature audience. It's not all that appealing toyetically though.

Though would doing another Kamen Rider adaption in the west even work that well considering how much of a failure the last two attempts were? Plus finding an audience would be difficult as you'd still have people thinking it was a Power Rangers "ripoff".

It works in Japan because there Kamen Rider is as well known as Superman is over here if not more so (alongside Ultraman it basically started the Toku genre as we know it after all) but it'd take a lot of work to gain the same notoriety over here. It might be nice if Toei decided to put some Kamen Rider shows up on Crunchyroll like Tsuburaya is doing with Ultraman though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It seemed like Saban had intention to in 2012 by trademarking "Power Rider" but it seemed to fall through.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Let's be honest here

Masked Rider was a joke from start to finish. Maybe it could have gotten somewhere if it had started from the tone of the Power Ranger crossover, but it didn't. it was a sitcom with doomed footage because it only had A show and then it was done.

Dragon Knight on the flip side was put on a dead channel at the worst hours and otherwise ignored by the network.

If you want to make a Kamen Rider adaptation that succeeds, it'd have to be a CW style total rebuilding. Like, Kamen Rider the First, but in series format.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Masked Rider also wasn't helped by there being no series after Black RX at the time of airing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Masked Rider also wasn't helped by there being no series after Black RX at the time of airing.

Which is why they had to (badly) splice in footage from ZO and J as well. Hell, considering RX was older than Zyuranger Saban barely had any suits available to work with as far as American footage goes (they had the same problem with VR Troopers in fact).

They got lucky with Beetleborgs as B-Fighter and B-Fighter Kabuto were still fairly recent shows at the time it premiered and the show did well enough over here (in fact, from what I hear they were originally planning on continuing the show after Metallix with 100% original footage but that ended up falling through).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 7, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Which is why they had to (badly) splice in footage from ZO and J as well. Hell, considering RX was older than Zyuranger Saban barely had any suits available to work with as far as American footage goes (they had the same problem with VR Troopers in fact).

Second episode of Masked Rider: Oh, these mook suits aren't bad.

Third episode of Masked Rider: Oh, they could only afford three of them, huh?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

Let's be honest here

Masked Rider was a joke from start to finish. Maybe it could have gotten somewhere if it had started from the tone of the Power Ranger crossover, but it didn't. it was a sitcom with doomed footage because it only had A show and then it was done.

Dragon Knight on the flip side was put on a dead channel at the worst hours and otherwise ignored by the network.

If you want to make a Kamen Rider adaptation that succeeds, it'd have to be a CW style total rebuilding. Like, Kamen Rider the First, but in series format.

It'd also help to give it a not poo poo time slot. It could definitely find a bit of footing if it had one of the DCCW shows as a lead-in since it would broadly appeal to those sort of viewers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was starting to tune out of Ex-Aid a bit, but then this happened:
https://files.catbox.moe/zdyvx5.webm

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Yeah that was a good part but the end of the episode is what made that one good

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

I disagree, all they need to do is a reasonably competent adaptation of one of the existing seasons(preferably nothing older than Gaim), give it a good timeslot(or put it on Netflix), give it a halfway decent toyline, and perhaps most importantly, introduce it with a crossover with Power Rangers, and keep a strong connection between the two brands

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If that abysmal TMNT thing could get a crossover episode way back when, I don't see why Kamen Rider couldn't.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

If that abysmal TMNT thing could get a crossover episode way back when, I don't see why Kamen Rider couldn't.

Well I mean

It did.

It didn't end any better.

I guess I was thinking about adapting Kamen Rider to an American audience for like, teenagers or whatever. Kids should be fine with a Power Ranger's style adaptation of current Kamen Rider series, yeah.

If you had to bring Kamen Rider to the states as an older audience thing, I think my idea might be the only realistic way.

That or just bring over Amazons on Amazon Prime to english speaking countries you loving bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Netflix made a Death Note remake that literally nobody asked for. Kamen Rider isn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Locked thread