Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the recurring dream where I am a very cute girl, what could it mean??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I had a dream last night that i found and bought another of my favorite mug (a macross SDF-1 mug) in a random store. I think this is because i almost knocked that mug off a table yesterday.

Tyvm for reading.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, if I'm not gonna get through a tab in a day, I almost always either bookmark or pin the tab.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/ClevelandRock/status/872295072502607874

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

Well, you have a very cute girl as your AV

DEATH-SU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Wark Say posted:

Well, you have a very cute girl as your AV

DEATH-SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPPCkF6-fk

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I did it, I deleted all the bookmarks

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

I had to make some tough choices about whether I'll ever get around to reading some things.

Right now im just saving a gorillion touhou images. Once i get to the manga pages ill probably stall at 20 open tabs

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
G... gorillion?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You can do some things to mitigate the damage of becoming overzealous with your dream control, firstly you can try looking at your arms, this does a pretty good job of rerooting you in the dream. Alot if people will sometimes wake themselves up trying to levitate themselves in a dream, what you can do to prevent this is to look for a magical item that will give you the power of flight instead of just wishing yourself aloft.
Looking at my arms probably won't work all that well from third person. I usually just try to relax my voluntary thoughts some and let things happen some more for a while until it feels more stable. That usually works unless I'm in some kind of persistent pre-nightmare state.

Flight is generally a pretty easy buy in my dreams. Some arm flapping or maybe swimming type motions and it's good. More difficult is like deleting or drastically altering entire people that are the focus of the current dream script, removing important items, altering "fated" future dream events, or defanging threats (sometimes literally) I can't seem to deflect or avoid.

Like sometimes in the game dreams a "bug" will happen in dream script and it will start looping over one segment until I nudge it forward with a kind of feeling like "I want this to happen now", and that's usually pretty easy because things are blank after that. But other times I'll know like a dream hour in dream-future I'm going to get brutally run over by a car by some person I'm interacting with in dream-present, and that tends to be tougher to avoid without self-waking out of the dream.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

homeless snail posted:

You're destined for cuteness

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I have a problem where I don't keep frequently visited websites open in tabs. I close them when I'm done and keep reloading them every time I want to look again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kylra posted:

For me it's usually pretty easy to tell if I'm in a dream if I manage to pay proper attention. Dreams just have a different quality for me. Like everything is made of feelings and raw thoughts that are painted over with colors and textures. Also that I tend to dream in third person from a kind of 6th sense god-perspective, so I'm sorta/kinda watching who or whatever is designated as myself at the time doing things. Things also tend to get moved or interacted with by sort of thinking about them having been moved or interacted with so it becomes so rather than strictly walking around to do things like in real life.

I usually try to stick to the "rules" of the dream though, because too much brute force tends to wind up in waking up. I tend to reserve blatant large breaks for nightmare stopping.

While not so much the first part, that's definitely how my perspective is often framed in dreams: sometimes I won't even be myself, or like watching a movie, I'm watching over "myself" somebody else, and sometimes I "know" things that I shouldn't for whatever reason.

And yeah, I very rarely get to experience any lucidness in dreams because I usually go with the flow, and if I do realize I'm in a dream, my body tries to wake up as if on cue.

Wark Say posted:

This was neat! Are these the guys that did 3 ED's for the 2011 Hunter x Hunter? They seem to use a certain harmony + progression that just puts a skip in my step. :)

Yeah, that's Yuzu.

The full version of that song and it's music video owns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKoD2CRr_KA

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

homeless snail posted:

each night I destroy all my remaining tabs and each morning I start the day anew

:same:

If I ever have more than like four or five tabs open at once, I begin to feel mildly unsettled. If you ever have more than that, most of them are probably useless.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I don't seem to have a button that looks like that on chrome. I guess I'm doomed.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Learning to tell when I'm dreaming taught me that knowing you're dreaming ruins the fun of dreaming. My dreams usually kick rear end, why would I ever want to ruin the fun adventure they give me?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

AnoHito posted:

:same:

If I ever have more than like four or five tabs open at once, I begin to feel mildly unsettled. If you ever have more than that, most of them are probably useless.
I have a few SA tabs, a few email clients, 11 tabs for wiki info for games I am playing, a couple chat rooms, anime streaming sites, a couple manga in progress, 5 game forums, several documents I'm working on, a couple twitter accounts I am following for game info, 4 for youtube stuff I am currently watching/listening to, a few game maps, 3 searches I am still following on, a half dozen tech manuals, a few character sheets, and 4 game manuals for tabletop stuff.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kylra posted:

I don't seem to have a button that looks like that on chrome. I guess I'm doomed.

i have that button and sometimes i press it because chrome takes up lotsa memory with so many tabs but when i open chrome again

they somehow always come back again

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

AnoHito posted:

Learning to tell when I'm dreaming taught me that knowing you're dreaming ruins the fun of dreaming. My dreams usually kick rear end, why would I ever want to ruin the fun adventure they give me?
Yeah I usually let them more or less do their own thing unless they're heading into nightmaretown or stalling. That's just not too infrequent.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kylra posted:

I have a few SA tabs, a few email clients, 11 tabs for wiki info for games I am playing, a couple chat rooms, anime streaming sites, a couple manga in progress, 5 game forums, several documents I'm working on, a couple twitter accounts I am following for game info, 4 for youtube stuff I am currently watching/listening to, a few game maps, 3 searches I am still following on, a half dozen tech manuals, a few character sheets, and 4 game manuals for tabletop stuff.

Protip: closing a tab doesn't mean you can never return to that page ever again. You can close stuff and just reopen it when it's actually relevant.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

El Burbo posted:

i have that button and sometimes i press it because chrome takes up lotsa memory with so many tabs but when i open chrome again

I have a solution for you.

(Granblue Raidfinder seems to have memory leaked me again)

AnoHito posted:

Protip: closing a tab doesn't mean you can never return to that page ever again. You can close stuff and just reopen it when it's actually relevant.
They're all relatively in use right now, and I have a bunch of specific sections open for references, so that seems like a lot of extra effort.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I have recently discovered I am very bad at tab zen.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

hector... do you really have that button...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Could have gone without that fun adventure where a horde of bees flew into my mouth.

Yeah I couldn't feel it because it was a dream but still AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

burbs are you caught up with made in abyss from /a/ TLs

this manga is so good... the bunny is good...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
furi sure was a really good action game that out of nowhere presented me with a plot twist about aliens, a moral ending choice and a giant face that shot bullets

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
also the music is excellent

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

furi sure was a really good action game that out of nowhere presented me with a plot twist about aliens, a moral ending choice and a giant face that shot bullets

I'm pretty sure I actually just dropped the game at the final boss because the boss was just flat-out bad.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Since I had already seen the manga, I didn't think I'd be that into the MHA anime but it's actually pretty good. The animation in the first two episodes at least is pretty nice.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
s1 of mha was kind of boring to follow week by week but s2 is great

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Space Flower posted:

burbs are you caught up with made in abyss from /a/ TLs

this manga is so good... the bunny is good...

ive only kept up with the batoto uploads. thats lotsa chapters behind. so i only know the bunny from shitposts for now. rip

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

if bkub says it, it must be true

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hello I finished The Eccentric Family finally despite getting stuck halfway through because I was annoyed with Benten

The last 5 episodes were very good and got back all the goodwill that the middle had lost for me. I'm annoyed that they waited so long for Kaisei to appear because she ruled

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

also this moment was the best in season 1 although i am willing to listen to arguments for why it is only second best

https://a.pomf.cat/xkwthw.webm

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A new chapter of Amber Teahouse whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's a great scene. I'm not sure if I'd be able to argue for a better scene off the top of my head, especially one that doesn't require you to love Benten

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Knorth posted:

That's a great scene. I'm not sure if I'd be able to argue for a better scene off the top of my head, especially one that doesn't require you to love Benten

I came around on her by the end, but I got aggravated by Yasabouro being all about her despite the fact that she literally ate his dad which ended up making me annoyed with her by association. As a stand alone character she was pretty cool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
This all reminds me that i should rewatch Eccentric Family S1, then do S2.

Also my rudimentary code for compiling my sample data works! :toot:

But i can't get it to give it column names! :argh:

• Locked thread