Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Saw this today and thought, "man Christopher Wray is not happy to become FBI director...."

Edit: doggo tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Why do you think that direct evidence of a "high crime" would be enough?

Did you know it's legal for republicans to commit ANY CRIME!??!?!?!?!? hosed up if true!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Mr Interweb posted:

Holy poo poo. A series of multiple, NON-regressive tax hikes from REPUBLICAN lawmakers in MOTHERLUVIN' KANSAS??! :psyboom:

What's the matter with Kansas?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Pissciples have made it clear that peeing between a man and a woman in a committed relationship is a-ok. Peeing between two Russian prostitutes and a disgusting shitbag of a human being can be made a-ok after the fact by a substantial donation to the Church of Whiz.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

eviltastic posted:

If Trump actually believed he was safe, he would be tweeting about it.

Excellent point.

Also possible: someone has finally taken away his phone charger or something and everyone is pretending they can't find one he can use.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Blindeye posted:

Edit: doggo tax

When did David Clarke get turned into a dog?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

gregday posted:

Hey now, Sergeant Stubby was a goddamned war hero

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did you know it's legal for republicans to commit ANY CRIME!??!?!?!?!? hosed up if true!

Impeachment is a political action, not a legal one.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

gregday posted:

That dog earned those medals.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I hope this ends with the courts deciding ignorance of the law IS actually a valid defense

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jaxyon posted:

how long ya got?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/sarajust/status/872534270597902340

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

ReidRansom posted:

Excellent point.

Also possible: someone has finally taken away his phone charger or something and everyone is pretending they can't find one he can use.

Well you can't recharge phones. They start out with a set amount of energy, and once it's out, it's out forever.

Edit: Sgt. Stubby is getting his own animated film in 2018!

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 7, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Because a) he's too stupid to know otherwise and b) the people in his protective bubble have spent the whole day salving his little babby ego by telling him so.

The true story will be told in his tweets tomorrow during Comey's testimony.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

It's enough of a flaming dumpster that it has its own thread.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

"You're vindicated Donald.. Please put the phone down"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
None of you got my pop-history reference. SAD!

Tatsuta Age posted:

how long ya got?

PhazonLink posted:

It's enough of a flaming dumpster that it has its own thread.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

This is a tactic Trump has always used, even when he knows he's going to lose, even AFTER he's lost: insist you're right anyway. He never, ever admits a mistake, there's a gigantic history of documentation that shows this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donald_Trump

quote:

Tony Schwartz, the ghostwriter of Trump's book, The Art of the Deal, said that the housing case was "a classic example" of Trump being "a counterpuncher". Someone accuses Trump of doing something horrible, and he "goes back at them with all guns blazing.... And admits nothing." If Trump loses, he will "declare victory".[14]

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mcmagic posted:

Impeachment is a political action, not a legal one.

So you agree? "it's legal for republicans to commit ANY CRIME"?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

None of you got my pop-history reference. SAD!

I was saying boo-urns. :smith:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

So you agree? "it's legal for republicans to commit ANY CRIME"?

It's legal for a republican president to commit any crime.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Again the only thing that will disway Republican voters is if their candidate is caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
dude has bragged about creeping on children not sure even dead girl/live boy will do it anymore

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/872570096052563968

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

If they do pull it off, how quickly would we notice the effects? Presumably the GOP is smart enough to gradually phase in the AHCA (however it ends up written) so it doesn't gently caress over millions of people immediately and hurt their midterm chances?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Again the only thing that will disway Republican voters is if their candidate is caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

I don't think that would matter outside of a primary, but it might swing enough independents to matter in the general. He could shoot Paul Ryan and Reddit would just say he deserved it for skipping leg day.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hollismason posted:

I think too many people are hung up on the whole "dead" thing, it's time to accept that what one consenting adult does with a dead body is their own business :ok:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pellisworth posted:

If they do pull it off, how quickly would we notice the effects? Presumably the GOP is smart enough to gradually phase in the AHCA (however it ends up written) so it doesn't gently caress over millions of people immediately and hurt their midterm chances?

IIRC the House version would raise premiums by some absurd amount in 2018, I have no idea what the Senate thinks and idk if random twitter guy knows either

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So is there a point in watching the Comey thing tomorrow or will he just be reading his prepared statement?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

More 702 QQ I hope

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

EugeneJ posted:

So is there a point in watching the Comey thing tomorrow or will he just be reading his prepared statement?

nah there will be a lot of questions about unmasking and 702

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Trump is going to do live commentary via his twitter of his Watergate speedrun.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Fair bit more detail in that thread. Reformatted for ease of reading:

Paul Macleod posted:

In case anyone’s wondering I think the odds are now on Republicans pulling off Obamacare repeal. They seem to be haggling on the details now

Getting Senator Cassidy on board while keeping the community rating (pre-existing condition) waivers is *huge.* Means it can pass the House

Senate can essentially say hey, the McCarthy amendment is intact. You have to swallow some more subsidies, slower Medicaid rollback. Would House conservatives really kill Obamacare repeal over that? I don’t think so. It could all still fall apart of course, but in sight. The core of this bill — about $1 trillion taken out of federal health care costs and diverted into tax cuts — seems to be broadly accepted.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alter Ego posted:

Because a) he's too stupid to know otherwise and b) the people in his protective bubble have spent the whole day salving his little babby ego by telling him so.

The true story will be told in his tweets tomorrow during Comey's testimony.

I hope so, kinda worried nothing will happen. :(

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Reading about how uncomfortable Comey was is velvet to me. He and Trump deserve each other.

Spaced God posted:

I'm stealing a goon's words, but we're hurtling towards a moment in time when the President of the United States makes an official statement on his official twitter denying his involvement with Russian Hookers.
"I am not a crook."

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"No piss tape, no piss tape. You're the piss tape."

Okay, now I can believe that the US used to be greater than it is now.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I remember someone bringing up 15-20 pages ago "prepare for some bullshit from Clinton's book about slaves as the distraction du jour"; guess what is now popping up all over my Facebook? Interestingly not from anyone voting (R)*, but from my politically-dumbest, Jill Stein aficionado, "the Russia investigations are just a distraction", horseshoe-theory proving Leftist friends. The ones perpetually looking for an excuse to stay home and be holier-than-thou.

Kill me.

*whoever said it wouldn't catch on because they'd see it as neutral-to-positive, you get a cookie

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That is literally true of any federal crime so long as the Senate does not convict in an impeachment hearing. He can just pardon himself.

Still holding out hope for a state level RICO charge though

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

eviltastic posted:

Fair bit more detail in that thread. Reformatted for ease of reading:

Would the house moderates that voted for this before the CBO score stay on post-CBO? The score is what made them balk last time.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

InfiniteZero posted:

Remember back before November when it was still possible to effectively argue that crazy unthinkable things wouldn't happen?

Those were the good old days.

That only happens with stupid, evil things. Americans are more stupid and evil than we previously thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

trickybiscuits posted:

Okay, now I can believe that the US used to be greater than it is now.

Nah, Trump wouldn't even be the first moronic rapist we've had in office. We just didn't real have press that gave a poo poo about covering things like that in ye olden days.

• Locked thread