Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

chairface posted:

Duh, everything's ok and justifiable if the rightwing does it and awful and terrible if the "leftwing" (democrats) do it. Have you not been paying attention to politics for your entire lifespan or something?

The real kicker, is more often than not, you have democrats falling in line with this kind of thinking too. Not only are we spineless, but we're also very quick to jump down our own throats while republicans just laugh and still somehow win elections.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Is there any specific categories or general changes anyone would like to suggest? I'll be busy through the weekend but try to have the thread up by Sunday or Monday.

I feel like we could use a "worst doublethink" category this year.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Angular Cyrus posted:

Way beaten, but I had to look at a Garrison for longer than anyone should to do this, so here it is anyway

Can we somehow embed an image as the thread title?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

World Famous W posted:

Is there any specific categories or general changes anyone would like to suggest? I'll be busy through the weekend but try to have the thread up by Sunday or Monday.

Biggest or Fastest 180, for cartoonists who thought one thing under Obama but have completely reversed their tone now that it's Trump.

Might have some overlap with doublethink but I'm thinking total flips of opinion more than opinions held in defiance of facts.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/_Pandy/status/872455866653560832

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Direct, to the point, has a clear message without relying on unnecessary labels...

Why, this isn't a political cartoon at all!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prism posted:

Direct, to the point, has a clear message without relying on unnecessary labels...

Why, this isn't a political cartoon at all!

Objection, it says "do not vote Tory" rather than "do vote Labour"

literally unplayable

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Rall posted:

Golfing legend Tiger Woods was found in his car, obviously impaired. But when he cooperated with police and took two Breathalizer tests, he verified his statement that he was not drunk but had been unwittingly impaired by pain killers he was taking for sports injuries. Yet the media failed to report that, preferring the “destroy your idols” approach to celebrities who appear to have messed up. Is Woods addicted to those medicines? It will be hard to discuss that after the ridiculous way the media chose to cover this story.

Keep loving that chicken sandwich, Tony.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looking forward to slave owning Hillary cartoons.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sandpuppy posted:

The "missing emails" are, in fact, a nothingburger. A How Are You So Bad At This Cartoon. :psyduck:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ok, the trigger lock made me smile :shobon:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:gonk:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
e: was posted

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ted Rall taking up the mantle for Tiger Woods of all people is, um, why?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

D.N. Nation posted:

Pretty sure he just wants to poo poo on anybody still employed at a newspaper.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't like how the Tiger Woods thing is basically being used as a platform to complain about the opium epidemic. And that's my opinion on that.

Sandpuppy posted:

Should we just keep emailing him "Hillary lost you loving idiot, pay attention to our current president" when he does this?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

NO YOU'RE THE PUPPET

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

D.N. Nation posted:

Anything anyone else does ever is stupid and dumb, unless it's inspired by and directed toward super cool guy and voice of a generation Ted Rall.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ularg posted:

I don't like how the Tiger Woods thing is basically being used as a platform to complain about the opium epidemic. And that's my opinion on that.

Should we just keep emailing him "Hillary lost you loving idiot, pay attention to our current president" when he does this?

LOCK HER UP
LOCK HER UP
LOVC TER NP
LOXN SUF SI

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Starshark posted:

YEAH BUT YOU GOTTA PAY TWENTY BUCKS FOR A STEAK is what I hear some Americans say.

Any pub you go to will give you a steak for about $8.

World Famous W posted:

Half the year has already passed and I'll soon be making this year's Gay Abortions Mid-Term Repository so that ya'll can get some cartoons set aside for the end of the year. I will be using the standard general categories of
  • Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy
  • Worst Obituary Cartoon
  • Worst Caricature
  • Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon
  • Worst Cartoon about a Movie
  • Worst Label
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon
  • Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon
  • Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon
  • Most Easily Reinterpreted
  • Overall Worst Political Cartoon
  • Best Edit/Parody

I am also thinking of splitting Least Concealed Bigotry up yet again and adding Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) to take them out of Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism)

I'd like to see "conservative cartoon that doesn't use hypocrisy or deliberate stupidity", just to see if we can find any that qualify.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

NO PUPPET
NO PUPPET
YOU'RE THE PUPPET
NO YOU'RE THE PUPPET

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeANMcBAY posted:

Looking forward to slave owning Hillary cartoons.

What?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

20 year old book now relevant again because emails was getting old. Prisoners did housework in Georgia Gov. Mansion.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A thing is going around Twitter where somebody (a BLM activist IIRC) found an excerpt from Hillary's book talking about how while she was First Lady of Arkansas the Governor's Mansion used unpaid prisoner labor as domestic servants. This is an explicit exception to the Thirteenth Amendment, meaning that it is essentially legal slavery. In the book she doesn't apparently see anything wrong with this arrangement and talks about the prisoners in a really creepy way, as though they are clever animals.

As far as I know the Right hasn't latched onto this meme yet because they love exploiting prisoners for slave labor and don't want to suggest that we shouldn't be doing this, but it's a thing that can distract from Trump's whole circus so I'm sure they will eventually.

e: here's the original tweet, for context

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/872151657626443776

loquacius fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 7, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

A thing is going around Twitter where somebody (a BLM activist IIRC) found an excerpt from Hillary's book talking about how while she was First Lady of Arkansas the Governor's Mansion used unpaid prisoner labor as domestic servants. This is an explicit exception to the Thirteenth Amendment, meaning that it is essentially legal slavery. In the book she doesn't apparently see anything wrong with this arrangement and talks about the prisoners in a really creepy way, as though they are clever animals.

And she goes out of her way to mention that if any of them broke any rules, she and Bill quickly reported them so they'd get hauled back to prison.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

20 year old book now relevant again because emails was getting old. Prisoners did housework in Georgia Gov. Mansion.

It's actually a hosed up thing though unlike emails.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, like stated, prison labor is literally legal slavery, so Hillary benefiting from it and not seeing problems from it is pretty hosed up, even if she's far from the only person to do so.

That said, I doubt it will become a big thing unless she does try to run again in 2020. Then it'll get used against her in the primaries. And the general if she somehow makes it to them, though I would not expect that.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's election campaigning – Foreign secretary intensifies the Conservatives’ personal attacks on Jeremy Corbyn, accusing him of siding with Britain’s enemies in the fight against terrorism"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Diane Abbott to step down 'for the period of her ill health', Corbyn says

Mail:
MAC ON... Labour apologists for terror

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno if I have ever read a Wonder Woman comic but what does her lasso do when the person doesn't even understand the difference between truth and lies?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Never Forget. :911:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The blood spilling over the deck is a nice touch.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, like stated, prison labor is literally legal slavery, so Hillary benefiting from it and not seeing problems from it is pretty hosed up, even if she's far from the only person to do so.

That said, I doubt it will become a big thing unless she does try to run again in 2020. Then it'll get used against her in the primaries. And the general if she somehow makes it to them, though I would not expect that.

lol if you think anyone will care

this is a country where Joe Arpaio and David Clarke are celebrated. Any criticism of prisoner treatment will get met with "well maybe they shouldn't have committed crimes them" by the majority of voters.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah while the right loves bashing Hillary for literally any reason, dubious treatment of prisoners is definitely not something they should be objecting to. The only people I can see really caring about this are leftists on the internet that want Hillary to vanish into the wilderness forever.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno if I have ever read a Wonder Woman comic but what does her lasso do when the person doesn't even understand the difference between truth and lies?

She could just choke him to death.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

CampingCarl posted:

Never Forget. :911:

I'm no t actually sure what Zionism means to Dees, does he have a single coherent concept or does it shift to fill whichever bad guy he needs?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

So uhh.. You got a nice job? Because if these schmucks can do it with their schlock I think you could do just fine with this style.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Is calling someone a cupcake an actual thing? I'm assuming it's meant to be like what "snowflake" but never heard it used like that.

• Locked thread