Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm doin a speedrun

Me too but just the die part.

edit: so an any% run it looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i hope the sequel is better

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gold split on the crushing disappointment segment!! :woop:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Me too but just the die part.

edit: so an any% run it looks like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyUcXR05Z4

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

E:F,B

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Awful Fantasy is even more vile and, well, awful than I remember it being, which is honestly kind of impressive

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It has always lived up to its title.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Even by the standards of the Phillips CDi and 90s FMV games in general, an FMV minigolf game is an astoundingly terrible idea on just about every level. And that's without the added albatross of Eugene Levy shouting out dad jokes every five seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z2QYsK-kFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-tiK7fkTE

Looper posted:

they should take the opportunity to give advance wars another shot, imo

Scuttlebutt is that if Nintendo ever makes another Advance Wars game it will have the dating sim bullshit that has taken over Fire Emblem which pretty much kills any interest I have in the idea.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Scuttlebutt is that if Nintendo ever makes another Advance Wars game it will have the dating sim bullshit that has taken over Fire Emblem which pretty much kills any interest I have in the idea.

Just skip through it all and dont worry about it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want an S rank relationship with a med tank

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone play any video games recently?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken is great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 are both very good :)

Also I have the Wipeout Collection coming in if I can pull myself away from either of those

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been going though some of my old games I never finished, today's was Silent Hill Downpour and now I remember why I never finished it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The one nice thing about having a PC nowadays is that you only need to maintain the update cycle if you care about AAA games. If you only care about indie games like I do then you're probably going to be good for a pretty dang long while. Still rocking the long in the tooth AMD Phenom II X4 955 which I think is now an 8 year old CPU and I'm still playing today's games just fine.

the only game that's run like poo poo on it is unsurprisingly Ryse Son of Rome which from what I understand is unoptimized in general and gave lots of people problems, but is also Ryse Son of Rome so it doesn't really matter

i care more about if The Witness or Obduction run fine than the new Battlefront. i won't need to upgrade my pc to play the Wonder Boy remake, or Bleed 2

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jay Rust posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've also been plodding through the first Dark Souls, which I've never finished, and the amount of vertical areas where gravity is the worst killer is really getting to me right now. Also I got cursed in the Great Hollow then a mushroom punched me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dont starve together you too huh fam?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
me beating the second-to-last boss of furi: wow this is hosed up i wonder what happens after these credits
me fighting the true last boss of furi: why is this happening now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

The one nice thing about having a PC nowadays is that you only need to maintain the update cycle if you care about AAA games. If you only care about indie games like I do then you're probably going to be good for a pretty dang long while. Still rocking the long in the tooth AMD Phenom II X4 955 which I think is now an 8 year old CPU and I'm still playing today's games just fine.

the only game that's run like poo poo on it is unsurprisingly Ryse Son of Rome which from what I understand is unoptimized in general and gave lots of people problems, but is also Ryse Son of Rome so it doesn't really matter

i care more about if The Witness or Obduction run fine than the new Battlefront. i won't need to upgrade my pc to play the Wonder Boy remake, or Bleed 2

I just have a laptop for the pc exclusives im interested in and do fine with ps4 for aaa since most as you say run on anything.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have about zero interest in fighting games, will Tekken or Injustice change my mind?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jay Rust posted:

I've been playing a metric fuckload of a Famicon game called Time Zone. I'm learning to speedrun it.

http://i.imgur.com/YHcG4fY.mp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTgfnFSOfiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIGfVv5T8kY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my wife just got to Futaba and wants to date her

in the game I mean

I'm a lucky fellow, I dunno what I did to deserve her

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

I have about zero interest in fighting games, will Tekken or Injustice change my mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6DBLb8UBNc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

in the game I mean

mah waife!!!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jay Rust posted:

Probably no, unless you're really into DC comics

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

in the game I mean

That should be a moment that calls for some introspection.

Have you ever said "kek" out loud in real life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Tekken has no tutorial and 100 moves per character.

Injustice is much more a casual game with good modes for single play but you can get injustice 1 for like 5 bucks now to see if you like it cause its essentially the same game but with loot and graphics

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The White Dragon posted:

dont starve together you too huh fam?

Yeah I like to play with my friends and declare myself the cook and yell at anyone else who tries to use the crock pots.

I spend several hours cooking everyone meatballs and kebabs while drinking irl. Very relaxing experience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken has no tutorial and 100 moves per character.

Injustice is much more a casual game with good modes for single play but you can get injustice 1 for like 5 bucks now to see if you like it cause its essentially the same game but with loot and graphics

I would watch the top 8 of some competitive fighting game event streams (Combo Breaker happened a couple weeks ago, CEO is the next big one in a week), you can see if that looks cool or fun to you at no cost.

No matter what single player options they have, fighting games are definitely a "make your own fun" kind of thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my ps4 now has 20 fighting games on it. I play 3 of them. 0 well enough to write home about.

i think they're very fun on their own but maybe i'm weird and enjoy even getting pummeled cause you get to learn.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol that owns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I'm sorry I mention my wife a lot. She's my best friend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

precision posted:

in the game I mean

she;s going to real prison

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

she;s going to real prison

That's not funny :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

game of the year 2018 ?? 2019 ?? 20 20 ??

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is it

I googled bridges and I guess they do these structures now to get across water/obstacles

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh sorry. it's

Death Stranding

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
My gaming PC died about a month ago and since then I've been doing a Ship of Theseus thing where I've steadily replaced almost every single part one at a time and it's still not working. I'm at the point where I'm so tired of fiddling with it that I'd just be happy to pay a repair shop but there's basically no dedicated PC places where I live. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

What is it

I googled bridges and I guess they do these structures now to get across water/obstacles

Its a piece to death stranding somehow

• Locked thread