Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I didn't get pictures of it, but there's a residential street near my home that just got repaved, and I think there's a few people that didn't get the memo; there are about 6 cars stranded on their driveways now.

Memo? When they did my street, they'd blocked off about eight blocks with "local access only", et cetera, and... did nothing for about a month-to-six-weeks.

Even better, six of those blocks? They'd been repaved the summer before. :lol:

But, they gave no fucks about driveways, because once they depaved and gravelled the steet, people were out shoveling gravel into ramps so they could get their cars out at 11 PM and such, because no one had posted notice of *anything* otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Memo? When they did my street, they'd blocked off about eight blocks with "local access only", et cetera, and... did nothing for about a month-to-six-weeks.

Even better, six of those blocks? They'd been repaved the summer before. :lol:

But, they gave no fucks about driveways, because once they depaved and gravelled the steet, people were out shoveling gravel into ramps so they could get their cars out at 11 PM and such, because no one had posted notice of *anything* otherwise.

But, Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

As you end up dying Dead-Like-Me-style by getting your eye/brain pecked out by a dead pheasant.

Hahahaha I didn't even notice that! I was referring to the one under the stairs for the inevitable collapse of the staircase (doesn't look like it's very secure, though hopefully it actually is). But that bird thing ready to stab you in the face after you fall down the stairs the old fashioned way is a nice touch.

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved

Buff Skeleton posted:

(doesn't look like it's very secure, though hopefully it actually is)

What does your heart tell you?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

It's not that bad.

I'm rather tall, and it is physically impossible for me to poop normally without putting my feet in the tub.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You should be happy you have a free squatty potty.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

I'm rather tall, and it is physically impossible for me to poop normally without putting my feet in the tub.

Its better for your guts to poop that way!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Its better for your guts to poop that way!

Yeah and if he pooped the other way his shower curtain would be a right mess.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

So does this mean there is technically an acceptable way to poop in the bath?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ashcans posted:

So does this mean there is technically an acceptable way to poop in the bath?

Welcome to the promised land!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No joke the squatty potty changed my life.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No joke the squatty potty changed my life.

Seconded.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I believe you mean, "Number 2'd"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bad Munki posted:

I believe you mean, "Number 2'd"

:nexus::hf::)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Gounads posted:

But, Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months.

Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anybody or anything.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Darchangel posted:

I think you underestimate the sheer weight of American inertia. Please note how much of the American South is still, well, The South.

And yet due to the massive influx of foreign automaker jobs, we're one of the most metric-fluent regions of the country.

Everything else is awful though, Squidbillies is 100% a documentary.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

wesleywillis posted:

Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anybody or anything.

They were in the basement, with a locked door, and broken stairs, and a non-functioning light!

edit: or was it a locked filing cabinet?

edit 2: yep. http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/40705-but-the-plans-were-on-display-on-display-i-eventually

“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 7, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2017/jun/07/boxed-life-inside-hong-kong-coffin-cubicles-cage-homes-in-pictures

jeez everything

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

When you want to bump off the health inspector, just show them this and wait for the coronary.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

Edge of the tub is just the right height. It's like stirrups for your toilet:)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

whalesteak posted:

Edge of the tub is just the right height. It's like stirrups for your toilet:)

shelf perfect for combo toilet beer / shower beer

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

What up super cramped, ridiculously small toilet buddy?

My bathroom looks almost identical and I will wait all night to crap at work in the morning rather than use that awful midget toilet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Terrible Robot posted:

My bathroom looks almost identical and I will wait all night to crap at work in the morning rather than use that awful midget toilet.

Just need a big funnel to sit on.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Terrible Robot posted:

I can't even imagine a dystopian world where my home isn't my favorite place to poop.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Nothing better than poopin on the clock

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

I can't even imagine a dystopian world where my home isn't my favorite place to poop.

The shitter at work is an older style and slightly higher with a comfy seat. Home is just not quite right.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HERAK posted:

The shitter at work is an older style and slightly higher with a comfy seat. Home is just not quite right.

You don't get paid for it at home either

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

You don't get paid for it at home either

Not only that I don't need to clean it either, also the flush is so powerful at work that no this stays one it is flushed l.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

HERAK posted:

Not only that I don't need to clean it either, also the flush is so powerful at work that no this stays one it is flushed l.

:ohdear:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

We discovered today that the structural engineer thought that the joists in one room went 90º to their actual direction. He'd noted their direction on the plans but nobody spotted it, including me.

We're now waiting to hear whether this is going to mean replacing a steel with a larger one. A steel we've already fitted. And built two floors and a wall on top of.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

How much room does your toilet have from the center of the flange to each wall? You might be able to turn it 90 degrees.

Also, what's up with the window to nowhere? Or is that supposed to be a shelf?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Brute Squad posted:

It's not that bad.

hahaha, I think my bathroom has you beat.....

We are in the middle of a remodel, so its a bit of a mess(adding a bathroom upstairs means we had to open up walls in this bathroom). I think there is maybe ~8" between the front of the toilet and the tub. Granted we used to have a toilet that fit better, but it was from 1937 and was a 5 gallon flush. And the plumber broke it when he removed it, so he replaced it with this, which according to him is a totally fine replacement and he sees no issue with this*. I am 6'2" and my knees hang over the tub when I am sitting on the toilet.

Thankfully we have a got a new compact toilet that is being installed in the next couple of days. We especially need this since my little brother is moving back to the US and will be staying with us for a couple months. He is closer to 6'4", so I don't know if he would fit with our current setup at all.

* the plumber actually had the balls to argue with me that the toilet fit fine and there was nothing wrong with it. He also tried to flood my basement when he decided to put the y valve onto my hot water heater barely finger tight. Of course I didn't bother to double check his work cause I figured a plumber would at least tighten the fittings and since the hat water heater is in a back corner of the basement I rarely go into, it was leaking for almost a week till I noticed it. Thankfully that is the *only* bad experience we have run into with this project, all of the other contractors have been great to work with.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

slurry_curry posted:

hahaha, I think my bathroom has you beat.....

We are in the middle of a remodel, so its a bit of a mess(adding a bathroom upstairs means we had to open up walls in this bathroom). I think there is maybe ~8" between the front of the toilet and the tub. Granted we used to have a toilet that fit better, but it was from 1937 and was a 5 gallon flush. And the plumber broke it when he removed it, so he replaced it with this, which according to him is a totally fine replacement and he sees no issue with this*. I am 6'2" and my knees hang over the tub when I am sitting on the toilet.

Thankfully we have a got a new compact toilet that is being installed in the next couple of days. We especially need this since my little brother is moving back to the US and will be staying with us for a couple months. He is closer to 6'4", so I don't know if he would fit with our current setup at all.

* the plumber actually had the balls to argue with me that the toilet fit fine and there was nothing wrong with it. He also tried to flood my basement when he decided to put the y valve onto my hot water heater barely finger tight. Of course I didn't bother to double check his work cause I figured a plumber would at least tighten the fittings and since the hat water heater is in a back corner of the basement I rarely go into, it was leaking for almost a week till I noticed it. Thankfully that is the *only* bad experience we have run into with this project, all of the other contractors have been great to work with.

Holy poo poo. Are you making a claim against his bond?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

therobit posted:

Holy poo poo. Are you making a claim against his bond?

That is up to my GC to deal with. He will be tearing out/replacing all of the drywall/etc that got water damage and I am not paying the plumber that last 1/3 of the bid for the work. That is the biggest upside of having a GC run the job, he is responsible for dealing with the subs.

The project that we are working on is converting the entire top floor(which was 2 bedrooms), into a master suite. Thankfully there was nothing beyond the downstairs(also only) bathroom that belongs in this thread. All knob and tube wiring, but it was all in really good shape. Ended up having to get an entire new power drop/meter since the existing one was so old and we only had a 80 amp panel.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I cannot fit my hand lengthwise between the tub and toilet bowl.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Told my wife I was posting about our bathroom, so she had to take this picture to show how bad it is

This is the only way I can sit on the toilet. I measured the gap just to see, and there is just over 7" between the front of the toilet and the tub. I can't wait to get the new toilet installed.

*edit* I have tried sitting with my feet in the tub, but it is not comfortable at all.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 8, 2017

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
Crappy Construction Tales never stops delivering.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

slurry_curry posted:

Told my wife I was posting about our bathroom, so she had to take this picture to show how bad it is

This is the only way I can sit on the toilet. I measured the gap just to see, and there is just over 7" between the front of the toilet and the tub. I can't wait to get the new toilet installed.

*edit* I have tried sitting with my feet in the tub, but it is not comfortable at all.

At least they have the nice contour on the tub for your shins.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Toilet in a separate room superiority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

peanut posted:

Toilet in a separate room superiority.

Put the "closet" back in water closet!