Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dwarf74 posted:

Playing 3-player made me feel like a gigantic whale.

"Sorry, dude with the random RaDra subs like Blue Kali and dude who can't consistently activate Okuninushi. I'll just sit tight with my ReLoki/3xReHaku DAthena team and chill, okay?"

It's like I've said when people talk about 7+ combos being no big deal: lots of people in this thread truly have no idea how low the average is for player skilland overall competence is in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'll fully admit I don't know how to do them reliably yet, though in my defense I just started recently. Do you regularly spend turns doing nothing but setting up for a combo?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Nope you just go full blast every turn

Once you start getting monsters that combined give you more than double your default move time it gets a lot easier

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I had a guy in 3p running Revo Kushi, and his subs were Revo Meimei, DKali, and some other random stuff. Not one of them was healer type. I should've taken a screenshot.

First time I tried to play, the first player disconnected before he could go. The second player went, then it was my turn and I got disconnected.
The second time, one of the players disconnected right as we finished the dungeon.

I played with a goon in one game - I was bad at matching and I feel bad!

So, the verdict on this 3 player thing is a resounding positive, I guess. :p

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

dragon enthusiast posted:

Nope you just go full blast every turn

Once you start getting monsters that combined give you more than double your default move time it gets a lot easier

That would probably help, yeah. Right now I get a lot of 2-4 combos quickly, and can set up for an occasional 5 or 6 if things line up nicely, but anything past that is luck from skyfalling orbs.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

First playthrough on legend, Sarasvati player got us skillbound forever. Third player quit. First player got nuked by the green mask. (Good, because he was eating all my blue AND MY DARK ORBS.) DAthena stood alone in victory.

Expert playthrough for the stone, first player was running Flamie / 4 Zeus Dragons / DAthena. And cleared floor three with a double prong Athena activation.

Sono fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 7, 2017

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

I literally just go in with whichever team is worth 100 pal pts. Ara? Sure.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
My first legend run was with an 'ideal' RaDra team and a Kushi team w/ 3 Hakus and man running RAsta is just so much less work compared to those. Good players, though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can do 3 player stuff with just 2 people so you can avoid people leaving or w/e entirely if you have an alt. that's what I did after having a bunch of trouble finding a room and having nobody join mine

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wonder what's the worst team I can put together that can still clear a floor somehow.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Sounds like that's been a pretty popular pastime. Go for an interesting lead at least instead of a dragon seed or whatever

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Time to put together a baller Hel team I guess

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

does coop mean i can beg goons to carry my rear end to getting the mats for 3 awoken hakus and an awoken kush?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

fairlight posted:

A farmable Hel team has cleared Arena 1:

Tsurupettan posted:

does coop mean i can beg goons to carry my rear end to getting the mats for 3 awoken hakus and an awoken kush?
Yes. There are even guerrillas with just the bosses needed for awoken evo mats now. Here's the Discord link where you can chat about PAD and whatever and ask for help with stuff https://discord.gg/ne6Q625

edit: My 3P story - Ran lower evo rush with an Anubis and Radra. They puzzled through the first two floors then I pushbuttoned the rest as I laughed at how much effort they put in. Good times

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Tsurupettan posted:

Just go into one of the many Discords and ask.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does anyone have the 3p griefing video with the poison orbs?

NM found it

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_nagi/status/844707496287764482

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

That's loving beautiful

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I didn't understand it at first, but now I see he's playing with a Match 4/5 leader.

How fuckin devious.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fairlight posted:

I'm thinking Emperor Zarkon or Jörmungandr jammer team

fairlight
May 18, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm thinking Emperor Zarkon or Jörmungandr jammer team

What about fenrir/fenrir/algedi/denebola/acubens? If I don't make a gimmick rainbow jammer team to piss off random co-op players I'll probably never ever evo those monsters.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

fairlight posted:

What about fenrir/fenrir/algedi/denebola/acubens? If I don't make a gimmick rainbow jammer team to piss off random co-op players I'll probably never ever evo those monsters.

You joke about a jammer team but someone earlier in the thread mentioned they got carried in the super hard 3p arena by a team of Fenrir/FenrirVis/FenrirVis/FenrirVis/FenrirVis with Aten inherits.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Got my RaDra super-sexied up yesterday so now I don't feel ashamed using it now.

Need some advice though for covering red.

Currently the team is Awoken Ra/R.Kush/Green DKali/DAthena. What are some different options for covering red? I also have an Aten, but then I'd lose the unbindable team, and also need to change things up to make it 100% skill bind resistable.

No Isis or DKali obviously, or I wouldn't be posting this.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

SaffronKit posted:

You joke about a jammer team but someone earlier in the thread mentioned they got carried in the super hard 3p arena by a team of Fenrir/FenrirVis/FenrirVis/FenrirVis/FenrirVis with Aten inherits.

That was me and I took a screenshot of massive damage doggo:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Prism posted:

I'll fully admit I don't know how to do them reliably yet, though in my defense I just started recently. Do you regularly spend turns doing nothing but setting up for a combo?

When I started playing last time, this guy's videos really helped. Sadly he seems to have stopped, but all of his orb trick vids are stiill totally relevant and helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1rGeqv98as

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

SaffronKit posted:

I knew this couldn't be right because that team has no green coverage. :colbert:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

3P is pretty fun on NA server when I know the majority of the players are worse than me. Almost makes me what to put work into the account. Almost.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Can I get some advice on how to optimize my teams?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Skyeater/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;level,1

I've been running Revo Shiva or ShivaDra as leads for a while and doing alright, but I picked up a bunch of stuff in the past few godfests that i feel like might be better suited (or at least more fun like Meridionalis or Acala). Just feel like I'm overlooking some more effective comps for more difficult content (I'm clear through most of the special stuff and trying to take on Arena 1).

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 8, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Wow I have no desire whatsoever to go through the nonsense to evolve the awoken heroes.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Silly question: did anyone rolling new accounts for people during PCGF happen to keep an account with an Anubis? I have a friend who's potentially interested, and even though Anubis is a terrible lead to start the game with, just having him on her team would make her happy.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

maou shoujo posted:

That was me and I took a screenshot of massive damage doggo:

i am not sure who that not fenrir card? help? I have four fenrirs and I am interested in this team

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

It's Mito

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3521

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Awoken Andromeda is a gigantic gently caress off.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i'll just use one of my three metatrons instead

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

i'll just use one of my three metatrons instead

that doesn't really help you cover green....

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ugh, this game is frustrating me now. I got all my stamina back, and screwed up twice in 40 stamina dungeons wasting my entire full stamina bar :smith:. This is like the third full stamina bar in a row I've just wasted because I'm messing up. I want progress!

I'm having an issue on my phone where sometimes on longer moves my orb gets desynced with my finger, which is killing me. Any tips for preventing that?

Also man playing the 3 player legend dungeon was something. The two guys with me were doing like billions of damage every turn with ultra optimized teams.

I'll also try and get padlistener working so I can get some team advice.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

fiiiiine, an A.Isis with an inherit balboa or orochi.

not but seriously I didn't catch that

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Dragongem posted:

I'm having an issue on my phone where sometimes on longer moves my orb gets desynced with my finger, which is killing me. Any tips for preventing that?

This isn't normal at all and if I had to guess you've got some sort of phone specific issue. How old is your hardware and do you have lovely apps hogging CPU time in the background?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

LMeta also doesn't do 9x vs. Devils (more if you stacked Devil Killer awakenings onto her, which you totally should).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Adolf Glitter posted:

When I started playing last time, this guy's videos really helped. Sadly he seems to have stopped, but all of his orb trick vids are stiill totally relevant and helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1rGeqv98as

I didn't get a chance to say it yesterday, but thanks for this, because it is helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Munkaboo posted:

Awoken Andromeda is a gigantic gently caress off.

I know it's dumb and a waste of evo mats but I'm making her, just for the challenge.

I mean, 81x + ~60% damage reduction with full activation (B + G + Heart Cross) isn't terrible although it's not going to cut it for the hardest content. Maybe pair with Julie instead for some breathing room on HP?

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 8, 2017