Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Carth Dookie posted:

I have seen claims from multiple non goons since then saying that they'd done it as well, but not to the same extent/level of organisation, without repercussion except in some (but not all) cases having the loot seized.

loot seizure was all that happened to us, too

i mean, i was one of the faction five and my accounts aren't banned so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Klyith posted:

The :tinfoil: explanation is that despite being bad for the game long-term, it's selling lots of extra plex and injectors now, fluffing up their bottom line. A good trade if you're planning to sell off the company.

i think this is why

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

wouldn't the extractor sales occur 6mo-1y later

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

wouldn't the extractor sales occur 6mo-1y later

you're the market nerd here boy

from what i understand there will be a small increase while ghost training is live because there will be people that will cash out, but the majority will be when ghost training is stopped to a couple of months after since people probably want to cash that out into isk. i don't know if the market can take tens of billions of sp without crashing though, so it might be more spread out?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
ghost training keeps up the plex/extractor/injector price (for now) v0v

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you're the market nerd here boy

from what i understand there will be a small increase while ghost training is live because there will be people that will cash out, but the majority will be when ghost training is stopped to a couple of months after since people probably want to cash that out into isk. i don't know if the market can take tens of billions of sp without crashing though, so it might be more spread out?

well my thinking is that in order to avoid tying up a bunch of capital (which could be used to bootstrap more ghost training dudes) you would avoid buying extractors immediately, and only buy them after you start cashing your ghost training out

so there wouldn't be a ton of reason to buy a bunch of extractors right away

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah the vast majority of people wont cash out until ghost training is fixed, or until they push the fixes to sisi. i know some guys are checking sisi every patch to see if they push any fix to it, and are looking extract as as much of the sp as possible asap because they're afraid CCP will be able to revert sp gained from ghost training.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I haven't played since 2009 and now I'm diving back in. Surely this is not a horrible decision that will haunt me for years to come. :v:

I suppose I should spend some time missioning in Secure Space until I get the hang of everything again. Doubly so since I think I want to switch my Amarr character to Galente ships. Welp, hurr goes. :smithicide:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well my thinking is that in order to avoid tying up a bunch of capital (which could be used to bootstrap more ghost training dudes) you would avoid buying extractors immediately, and only buy them after you start cashing your ghost training out

so there wouldn't be a ton of reason to buy a bunch of extractors right away

but if everyone does that it would make a huge first-mover advantage, because cashing out will spike extractors and depress injectors.

if I was ghost training on dozens of accounts, I'd stagger them a bit. pull SP earlier from some of them to buy up plex/extractors in advance to insulate from future price increases. and I definitely wouldn't be waiting for the fix to cash out at the same time as everyone else.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As mentioned a while back there was a rather funny episode on the Kugu Discord in which EN24's Seraph IX Basrab tried to valiantly battle against the English language and lost. I felt like saving it for dumb reasons and sharing it with people who could enjoy it for a laugh.

Here's 31 pages of him trying his hardest to deny that EN24 has bad editors (based on his TMC = RMT article), to the point he ran to dig up 3 year old logs including this line; "I don't cling to years old events to try and win arguments but you sure do." which I made to him in 2014.

It's not amazing but still worth a bit of a chuckle to some: https://pastebin.com/3q79Mi5m

Enjoy. Or don't. I'm not you're loving mom.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 7, 2017

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Grats Wibla on the new dig.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Catberry posted:

Grats Wibla on the new dig.

:toot:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Unfunny Poster posted:

As mentioned a while back there was a rather funny episode on the Kugu Discord in which EN24's Seraph IX Basrab tried to valiantly battle against the English language and lost. I felt like saving it for dumb reasons and sharing it with people who could enjoy it for a laugh.

Here's 31 pages of him trying his hardest to deny that EN24 has bad editors (based on his TMC = RMT article), to the point he ran to dig up 3 year old logs including this line; "I don't cling to years old events to try and win arguments but you sure do." which I made to him in 2014.

It's not amazing but still worth a bit of a chuckle to some: https://pastebin.com/3q79Mi5m

Enjoy. Or don't. I'm not you're loving mom.

My god, those logs are amazingly awful. Seraph going right to playing the idiot and demanding Tallardar brains for him.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Blasphemaster posted:

I haven't played since 2009 and now I'm diving back in. Surely this is not a horrible decision that will haunt me for years to come. :v:

I suppose I should spend some time missioning in Secure Space until I get the hang of everything again. Doubly so since I think I want to switch my Amarr character to Galente ships. Welp, hurr goes. :smithicide:

You might consider re-thinking that. I did the same thing, ran missions in empire space for a while, got bored, reverted to playing skill training online, and unsubbed again. If I were to do it over again I'd just jump into nullsec and fly frigates for a while to get back up to speed so I could still do the occasional fleet/roam/poo poo with other people beyond the typical carebear crowd.

Or you know, just don't dive back in because Eve is still an awful game. Your call.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dragonshardz posted:

My god, those logs are amazingly awful. Seraph going right to playing the idiot and demanding Tallardar brains for him.

That's always been his go to behavior when confronted with any criticism or comment on how he is wrong about something. He demands the other person do the work for him. Like the whole recent thing he had about how he was a mastermind in WWB flipping CO2. There were people who actually had involvement in all the channels Seraph was talking about saying "that never happened, and we know because you weren't in those discussions at all" to which Seraph demanded they prove it etc.

The guy is desperate for attention and validation of his opinions.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 8, 2017

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Aha, but you see, Mr Tallardar, by talking about him here you have just proven yourself to be obsessed with him.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Clerical Terrors posted:

Aha, but you see, Mr Tallardar, by talking about him here you have just proven yourself to be obsessed with him.

:ohdear:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Clerical Terrors posted:

I concur. Tallardar is obsessed with Seraph. Prove otherwise.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

I concur. Tallardar is obsessed with Seraph. Prove otherwise.

I can't tell if he's proving it or not.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6967241

"Our changes relating to pirate battleship prices will come in a few stages, with the first arriving next week in our June release and another set of changes coming in July, with the potential of more changes in the future.

In June we are starting to address the supply of pirate battleship BPCs, with moderate changes to the chance of escalations spawning from the most popular high-end anomalies and larger changes to the drop rates of the BPCs themselves from quite a few NPCs.

In July we plan to begin making changes to the material composition of the pirate battleships to increase their build costs somewhat. More details of these changes will come later."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

only 9T in may, shame, i thought we were gonna break 10 for sure

oh well

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

oh well

What if you include fake Querious?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lucifirius posted:

What if you include fake Querious?

that number isn't fake querious, unfortunately, it's querious

and while i imagine that the querious number is mostly, if not all fake querious, i can't say for sure what portion of it is fake q and what portion is qfc

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Blasphemaster posted:

Being in your exact shoes just a year ago, I'd recommend doing the following:

- Read this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub
- Grind standings for Sisters of Eve corp until you get to 5.0
- Go to Lanngisi
- Run missions for the L4 agent there

Try to get into Anomic Missions asap. The skill requirements for running those are basically just frigate-scale stuff so it's nowhere near what you'll be gearing for with null-sec ratting. And once you can run like 6-8 different burners comfortably, they will make you a whole lot more ISK than ratting at any level.

Get into the 4 Teams first, then go for the Angel -> Sansha -> Serpentis Agents in terms of priority. They are the easiest burners.

Alternatively, if you're joining GSF, look up Blazeswarm. We will show you how to make 1.6 bil/hr with missions.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

:420:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Never not blaze.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

oh well

when are you slowly going to grind around the map with 500 titans?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

when are you slowly going to grind around the map with 500 titans?

what the heck for

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what the heck for

Uh

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what the heck for

Topple all non-blue keepstars in the universe?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
everyone wants the defeated irrelevant alliance to provide them with Content, while the victors have nipped and napped 2/3 of the galaxy.
weird.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

just seems weird to krab so much without a reason other than to have more stuff, kinda like what highsec mission runners do, they just run missions for the sake of running missions

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
true, but the last time we had a decent conflict in catch all-of-eve.png magically appeared since everyone is starved for conflict and everyone likes to shot goons.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

just seems weird to krab so much without a reason other than to have more stuff, kinda like what highsec mission runners do, they just run missions for the sake of running missions

No, they do it for the emergent gameplay.

:lol:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

possibly because eve is dead

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

possibly because eve is dead

It won't be as long as you go on forums and scream, "BUT WHAT ABOUT GHOST TRAINING?!?"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

No other option sadly -- we aren't strong enough to stand against the rest of the game yet. It'll probably be two or three years of buildup. Sucks, but that's how poo poo is now.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dalael posted:

It won't be as long as you go on forums and scream, "BUT WHAT ABOUT GHOST TRAINING?!?"

Speaking of which, a lot of people on reddit are saying that ghost training got fixed today.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i'm not convinced it's fixed yet, but they're straight up pausing the entire game's skill queues, which is a decent stopgap.

all my 20 ganking related accounts had paused queues, despite being omega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Being in your exact shoes just a year ago, I'd recommend doing the following:

- Read this guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub
- Grind standings for Sisters of Eve corp until you get to 5.0
- Go to Lanngisi
- Run missions for the L4 agent there

Try to get into Anomic Missions asap. The skill requirements for running those are basically just frigate-scale stuff so it's nowhere near what you'll be gearing for with null-sec ratting. And once you can run like 6-8 different burners comfortably, they will make you a whole lot more ISK than ratting at any level.

Get into the 4 Teams first, then go for the Angel -> Sansha -> Serpentis Agents in terms of priority. They are the easiest burners.

Alternatively, if you're joining GSF, look up Blazeswarm. We will show you how to make 1.6 bil/hr with missions.

This sounds pretty great, thanks! I'll look into this next time I'm logged in. Im definitely interested in rejoining GSF, so I'll give Blazeswarm a look up.

• Locked thread