Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Hector is just going to get a dose of Tylenol. That way nothing out of place will show up on a drug screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Javid posted:

Was it ever specified what the nitro was replaced with?

If it's some kind of poison instead, why not just replace exactly one pill with it? Even if he doesn't take it immediately, there's no evidence of tampering in the rest of the bottle when he gets to it and croaks. Even something like cyanide won't be obvious if the dude's in the middle of a stroke already.

If it's just sugar or something, then I get making sure the entire bottle is swapped, because one sugar pill when he takes a fistful won't matter much.

He swapped it with Ibuprofen. He can't poison Hector because that would show up during the autopsy. if Ibuprofen shows up, well, he probably was taking it for normal reasons.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mallratcal posted:

Hector is just going to get a dose of Tylenol. That way nothing out of place will show up on a drug screen.

Yeah, this. I thought the main thing is that he WON'T be getting the thing that he needs to not have a stroke or whatever it is. It's not the addition of something killer, it's the lack of something that helps him.

P.S. - gently caress Hector.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Better Pester Hector.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hector is a piece of poo poo but la familia es todo is one of the best scenes in BB.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Aliquid posted:

Yes, the bottle is clearly shown.

And I think Nacho is in trouble. He can't run because his dad would be in trouble, he can't quit because then it's still too suspicious. Tuco's still coherent enough to track him down.

Tuco's still in prison, but the cousins might deal with him :unsmigghh:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Saul drops Nacho's name in BB when he is kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, when he presumably thought they were cartel members, so the implication is that Nacho''s scheme is uncovered (but probably not before the damage has been done)

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Last Chance posted:

Tuco's still in prison, but the cousins might deal with him :unsmigghh:

Having the Cousins after you sounds way more dangerous than Tuco to be honest.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The cousin crawling out of the bed scene in BB is so very :magical:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, this. I thought the main thing is that he WON'T be getting the thing that he needs to not have a stroke or whatever it is. It's not the addition of something killer, it's the lack of something that helps him.

P.S. - gently caress Hector.

The lack of nitrates would certainly tip them off, especially if he goes to a cartel-affiliated doctor and they test the leftover pills. Hector will probably know something is wrong when the pills don't take immediate effect.

I forgot that Tuco's still in prison, does that mean Nacho is the only one in daily contact with Hector?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Nacho is definitely going to watch his father die.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Heck Hector

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

Saul drops Nacho's name in BB when he is kidnapped by Walt and Jesse, when he presumably thought they were cartel members, so the implication is that Nacho''s scheme is uncovered (but probably not before the damage has been done)

Wasn't he also suggesting he owed Nacho money?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

So because Nacho isn't around in Breaking Bad, and in last week's episode Mike prominently emphasized replacing the pills after Hector takes them and gets hosed up...it seems pretty clear that the reverse-switch isn't going to go quite as smoothly and Nacho's gonna be in deep poo poo, right?

We still have to see the Lalo storyline before Nacho skips town or dies.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
what previous episode of BCS/BB is Marco from?

edit: oops didn't realize which character is named Marco

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 7, 2017

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

Wasn't he also suggesting he owed Nacho money?

He says, "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!" and then says in Spanish that he's a friend of the cartel. When Jesse yells at him to shut up and speak English he says, "Lalo didn't send you?"

The implication seems to be that Saul and Nacho got mixed up together in some slight against the cartel, and that some guy named Lalo (Spanish nickname for "Eduardo") is the one who would be coming after them for it. Personally, I'm betting that Nacho's attempt to kill Hector this season isn't what's being talked about.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 7, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Gus will prob taken ownership of everything.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I figured Nacho would run and that's how Saul will meet the vacuum disappearer guy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

omg terry my gurrrlll

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo his real voice/personality is so excited and breathless and gregarious

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The lack of nitrates would certainly tip them off, especially if he goes to a cartel-affiliated doctor and they test the leftover pills. Hector will probably know something is wrong when the pills don't take immediate effect.

I forgot that Tuco's still in prison, does that mean Nacho is the only one in daily contact with Hector?

Person with a heart problem dying of a heart problem doesn't really move the needle.

What's suspenseful is that we know he survives.

Your nitrates not working is going to move the needle.

You don't need fancy tests for that.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

Person with a heart problem dying of a heart problem doesn't really move the needle.

What's suspenseful is that we know he survives.

Your nitrates not working is going to move the needle.

You don't need fancy tests for that.

I have medicine, I die, medicine is in my posession, medicine is not in my system

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

I have medicine, I die, medicine is in my posession, medicine is not in my system

That assumes an autopsy. Life isn't CSI. When dude with a heart problem dies because of a heart problem, you don't need to do a medical screen. You know what happens.

I'm sorry everyone you've ever known who has died has required a full clinical autopsy to determine the cause of death. You must have led a very tragic life. Most people's lives don't work that way.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh right yeah, Nacho's plan to switch the pills back is probably all about getting to the pills between Hector's death and any investigators. But since Hector won't die, it's going to be way more difficult to switch them back, or avoid suspicion, because Hector will feel that the pill didn't work.

Unfortunately, I'm basically expecting Hector's incident to be a season-ending thing, and we won't get to see any fallout of it until season 4.

The writers are spinning so many plates this season, and the different storylines touch each other so infrequently. I've been rewatching season 1 with someone who hasn't seen it before, and man, things happened way faster back then, even with the deliberate and artful pacing. Plot arcs would be introduced early in one episode, get twisted near the end of that same episode, and be resolved in the next, leading into the next thing. The last three episodes, we basically got two separate scenes each for Mike, Jimmy, Kim, Chuck, and Nacho, and Gus in 306. Really good scenes, but mostly unrelated to the scenes before and after them.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 8, 2017

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

I'm sorry everyone you've ever known who has died has required a full clinical autopsy to determine the cause of death. You must have led a very tragic life. Most people's lives don't work that way.

The hell

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The hell

That seems to be how you understand death.

I'm sorry man.

That poo poo isn't pretty. The mortician did a good job at my buddy's funeral but everybody could tell that something had happened. That's the only autopsy funeral I've been to and it was deeply weird. Mostly because of the whole situation. But the autopsy almost certainly added to it. I can't imagine how hosed up your life must be if you think that is a normal situation after someone dies.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Shbobdb posted:

I'm sorry man.

That poo poo isn't pretty. The mortician did a good job at my buddy's funeral but everybody could tell that something had happened. That's the only autopsy funeral I've been to and it was deeply weird. Mostly because of the whole situation. But the autopsy almost certainly added to it. I can't imagine how hosed up your life must be if you think that is a normal situation after someone dies.

Holy poo poo shut up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The hell

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Aliquid posted:

The hell

Presumably that is where your dearly departed and where you are going if everyone you know keeps needing a full medical autopsy. Good god!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

I'm sorry man.

Sir this is a McDonalds drive-thru

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
And the seamless way Vince & co followed me through the drive through was marvelous.

I was sure they were using a crane, but the "maximum height" sign was passed without a transition.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Did the police kill your friend?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm not in love with this season, as much as I want to be. But, still glad it's here. Very far out prediction: the vacuum guy meets Saul and nacho and nacho disappears, series finale we've jumped forward, somehow nacho and Saul end up in a scene reminiscent of their first time in the desert.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What if Hector goes after the company that makes his pills instead?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Cojawfee posted:

What if Hector goes after the company that makes his pills instead?

hector calls saul

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I have watched Breaking Bad, and yet for some reason I feel angry whenever I see people mentioning that Hector will survive Nacho's plan.

Just let me wallow in my suspension of disbelief against all obvious facts for just one season.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't get why who ever helps Hector from the stroke, would even checks the pills in the first place.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 8, 2017

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
too bad Walter White didn't know Hector is allergic to ibuprofen

he could have just slipped some into his burrito instead of going to all the trouble to make ricin

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
This show is such a great character study in a lot of ways, but one aspect that's really clicking with me is Jimmy's desire for respect and admiration. It's tempting to reduce him to greedy or lazy or a shady schemer, but I think the text of the show has done a good job of showing that he just needs someone to believe in him and admire his gumption and creativity. You can see that it really crushes him when people treat him as Less Than, as a nobody, as someone who doesn't deserve prestige work.

I'm newly in management at my company, and this is actually something I'm engaging with more. Some people at my company have been passed over for promotions or otherwise ignored, and it creates a real wound in them that manifests as bad attitude or bad work habits or whatever. Traditionally, this creates a vicious cycle where their bad attitude just makes them less promotable, but I'm trying to find projects and prestige for them instead because the last thing I want to do is push a Jimmy into a Saul. I sorta think I can turn Jimmies into Jameses. But, I'm a rookie manager so I haven't had my heart broken by anyone yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

too bad Walter White didn't know Hector is allergic to ibuprofen

he could have just slipped some into his burrito instead of going to all the trouble to make ricin

But then how would he have blown up the retirement home to get the insurance money to pay for Kaylee's schooling?

• Locked thread