Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I liked what he had to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love you

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I have Jhin words but their validity is suspect. I think he does enough damage base-line that you can forgo the IE till last as a huge boost to your late-game, ER --> PD --> DD/BT lets you live through almost any assassin if you're keeping up with them and means you never run out of mana for your abilities, which are all really strong for how simple they are. Admittedly I also go Deathfire Grasp because even after the nerfs you can apply the 4 second dot pretty regularly, which is important because it has a 4 in it.

These have been my Jhin words, based on the fact that if I play him any other way I hate how he plays but running down 40% cdr using ER Zeal DD is super fun and makes him far more useful in a fight than increasing the damage on his fourth shot, which you'll often die trying to get off if you've gone IE Zeal.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

his fourth shot, which you'll often die trying to get off if you've gone IE Zeal.

???

That sounds like a positioning problem to me.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Just played a 77 minute game of League of Legends, I can confirm that no human being should have to do that.

We won, but really we all lost.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Why come ezreal is so poo poo and yet he's ALWAYS ON MY TEAM.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Time for a true display of skill.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You be
You bel
You b
You be
You belo
You b
You belong in
You b
You b
You belong in a museum

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So it turns out Rek'sai is really, really good.

Like I'm all for hobos bear slapping people but land shark has been really fun, and her new ult feel awesome... except against anyone who notices that literally any mobility skill avoids 100% of the damage from it (including basic bitch poo poo like Lucian dash or Trynd E).

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Rygar201 posted:

Tell this to every support player titling their rear end off because my heal didn't singlehandedly save us after we lose a fight

a lot of adcs will straight up lose a fight that was winnable because they want to hold heal for indiscernible reasons

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*tons of support players get mad at me for making a mistake* wow typical supports. Triggered snowflakes much. Ugh this elo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like you're level 3 how many abilities do you have to manage that hitting D is a layer too high to ask for

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ArbitraryC posted:

Like you're level 3 how many abilities do you have to manage that hitting D is a layer too high to ask for

What's Flash got to do with it? :confused:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

What's Flash got to do with it? :confused:

I am sorry for your small hands

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
f is for flash, gODDAMN

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

f is for flash, gODDAMN

meanwhile D is to DEBILITATE them with Exhaust
or to DESTROY them with Ignite
or to DEFEND yourself with Barrier or both you and your ally with Heal
or to DEFENESTRATE YOURSELF ACROSS THE MAP with teleport

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
A, W, D, and F for skills. Q and E for summoners. 1 - 3 for items.

:science:Ergonomics

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually that sounds really nice, imma have to try to reprogram my brain to do that after like 7 years of QWER

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
F is for Fire and D is for Distance, you shitbitches

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

D is for "Die please" and Clairvoyance, F is for "getting the gently caress out of here".

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Camel Camus posted:

Why come ezreal is so poo poo and yet he's ALWAYS ON MY TEAM.

He's fast! He's fun!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ezreal is some rioter's fursona

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

iSurrender posted:

He's fast! He's fun!

He's the most skillful champion in the game! EVERYTHING IS A SKILL SHOT OH MY GOD.

If I remember, that's pretty much what Riot said when they released him.

Some of their old design philosophies are, uh, interesting. Nidalee was similiar. Her whole gimmick was she was supposed to be a more difficult (high skill cap) version of Ashe.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
nothing more high skill than throwing spears around that takes half your health bar

man, I kinda miss old school Nids

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wanna hear something trippy

Ezreal healed people when he first came out

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

el dingo posted:

Wanna hear something trippy

Ezreal healed people when he first came out

Better than that. He had the best heal in the game. It was on his W and it healed every ally it went through and damaged every enemy it went through for the same amount.

So with AP ez, you fire like 2 W's off into a team fight and you just win.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wanna hear something else

Original Alistair's ult was actually useful

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

actually original alistars ult was very overpowered

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

actually original alistars ult was very overpowered

God old Cow was so dumb. Roam all over the map, get free kills, smash towers on cool down.

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 8, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

to be honest i am still salty that top lane alistar was one of my favourite builds for like 2 years and then some pros started carrying with it and then riot just eviscerated lane alistar and it will never be the same

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Better than that. He had the best heal in the game. It was on his W and it healed every ally it went through and damaged every enemy it went through for the same amount.

So with AP ez, you fire like 2 W's off into a team fight and you just win.

It also slowed enemy attack speed for like 3 seconds

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Ez was the first all skillshot champ right? I vaguely remember everyone freaking out over it when he came out.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Release Ezreal was tuned around the idea that you'd only land 25% of your skillshots

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah they made him where he would. Be 'effective' if either 1 of 4 or 1 of 3 skillshots landed.

So then he was really busted because more than that landed. His W healed everyone including him, damaged everyone for a lot, slowed their attack speed by an absurd amount

^EFB

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

every game having either corny ezreal or graves was funny

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm gonna ban every Xayah so they stop loving hitting on me when I play Rakan

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Killed By Death posted:

Release Ezreal was tuned around the idea that you'd only land 25% of your skillshots

It was such a hilariously thought-out assumption. Weirdly, they ended up replicating the problem almost exactly with Azir's release: the champion sucks if you're an underskilled player, but is unimaginably broken in the hands of someone mechanically competent.

Tired Moritz posted:

Agreed. Remain pure, volcel brother.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

they are basically engaged to be married

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

getting hit on while i play league is the worst. it is like, dude, if my beloved sees that she is going to lock me in the basement with no outside contact for another month. what the gently caress man? plus they do not even know me in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Gonna pull that Xayah into my heart like I'm the opposing team's Blitzcrank

• Locked thread