Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
What are Red Scorps made from?

Terran Marines where brought up with Emperor first and some had done their share of fighting even before the Primarchs were discovered. That goes for Garro and the Half-Heard. Dunno about Saul Tarvitz. However, there loyalists among traitors and traitors among loyalists. loving Luther was DA with El'Johnson from day one. Treason is not genetic.

...of course, this is GW and treason will get to be genetic as soon as they feel the need to make Primaris CSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

JcDent posted:

What are Red Scorps made from?

No one knows. Their seed is so pure that they don't trust other marines and flip their loving wigs at the slightest sign of deviancy, but they also pack a shitload of psykers.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I just know that they're inquisitorial butt monkeys and that they used to get apothecary sarges for free, which is super awesome.

If only I wasn't such a snowflake that doubled down on collecting a single homebrew chapter...

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

JBP posted:

No one knows. Their seed is so pure that they don't trust other marines and flip their loving wigs at the slightest sign of deviancy, but they also pack a shitload of psykers.

Hmm let's take a quick look at the Forgeworld website...

Ok cool a Land Raider Achilles, it's Imperial Fists and it's even got the Roman numeral VII on it!

Now let me click on the Horus Heresy tab and check out this Land Raider Armored Proteus. Oh cool, it's Red Scorpions! What's that Roman numeral they've got there...

...oh. welp

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's just because it's the second land raider they had made... or something.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The two expunged legions were removed because of their primarchs, not the soldiers themselves, and the Ultramarines experienced a large increase in numbers at the time.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though in this case they would not be pre disposed towards things as there is no primarch or veterans. They would also be fleet based as they would not have a homeworld.

In this stupid hypothetical scenario the neophytes or whatever that were preselected for the Primaris were plants from the get go.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

JBP posted:

An assault squad executes a perfect jump and lands in a position that will allow them tactical advantage in a coming ambush. 2 minutes later a hairy man with a jetpack strapped to his back (unused) kicks in the front door howling like a lunatic, starts fist fighting a bunch of cultists and yelling "get down here you pasty jetpack bitches, aroooohahaha!"

:perfect:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I have to say, bringing in loyalist legionaries from the heretic legions is pretty neat for wargamers, because you get a host of new livery and strategy options. I for one dig War Hounds, Pale Nomads and Lunar Wolves tearing up poo poo for the emps :getin:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

JBP posted:

Can you explain this?

No-one's actually figured out if they're Loyalists or Traitors yet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I know I thought there was some other thing going on since all the primaris marines from traitor legions sound a tad dicey.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tias posted:

I have to say, bringing in loyalist legionaries from the heretic legions is pretty neat for wargamers, because you get a host of new livery and strategy options. I for one dig War Hounds, Pale Nomads and Lunar Wolves tearing up poo poo for the emps :getin:

Pale Nomads? You already have space sharks.

Tias
May 25, 2008

JcDent posted:

Pale Nomads? You already have space sharks.

I guess, but in general we just got a bunch of new skinning options.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tias posted:

I guess, but in general we just got a bunch of new skinning options.

AFAIK, pre-Primarch legions were all gray!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I want to see the Ecclesiarchy try to get more creative about the decree passive. Something more than just the Sororitas and the Ecclesiarchy Battle Eunuchs.
Like, adding a male staffed air wing to support the Sororitas because "Well obviously the weapon mounts are below the cockpit, and the decree says nothing about men over arms. Heh, checkm-":smugissar:
:catholic: Inverted flying is heresy, of course.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Telsa Cola posted:

Alpha Legion's entire deal is that they infiltrate places where no one expects them too. Its likely GW will go that route and have a portion of the alpha legion primaris defect or whatever.

They did actually, loyalist based chapters go renegade all the time yet the Blood Angels managed to stay loyalist despite a civil war.

He said Blood Ravens, not angels, the snowflake chapter created for the Dawn of War games, and my personal favorite since I'm a helpless fanboy.

It has been all but confirmed that the Blood Ravens are descended from the Thousand Sons, given their high number of psykers despite the fact they recruit from multiple worlds, and that their color scheme is near identical to pre- heresy Sons.

There is also a precognitive in the H.H. book Thousand Sons that talks about the future of the sons and "Ravens of Blood". Ahriman takes this to mean the Corvidae sect he is part of, but many read it to be a nod to the Blood Ravens.

I assume the "worked out well" jab is in reference to the chapter's recent history, which includes their long lost chief libaraian/chapter master Kiras being rediscovered after having been possessed by a daemon. Who then turned like half the chapter and set up an elaborate plot to have the sector exterminatused as a sacrifice to Khorne to become a daemon Prince, of Khorne. The psyker chapter master.

Now the barely held together shredded body of Gabriel Angelos is in charge, marking the first time in chapter history the master is not also the chief librarian.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Alpha Legion Primaris are going to have an ever harder time infiltrating than normal Alpha Legion does. Because they are even taller than the already tall Space Marines.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Blood Ravens, or, "Why we don't make Librarians the Chapter Master."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Seemed to work okay up until they gave the job to dude who'd been lost on a Space Hulk for a thousand years.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Thanks for the help with my game, am going with the "Penal/War world on the brink of warcollapse, charismatic general to investigate for heresy is a democrat" venue :)

Also, is there a thread for black library/40K fiction? I'm selling out and getting rid of most of my paper novels on the cheap.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tias posted:

Also, is there a thread for black library/40K fiction? I'm selling out and getting rid of most of my paper novels on the cheap.

There is indeed. Currently in the middle of a slapfight about women representation in the setting, though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Cythereal posted:

There is indeed. Currently in the middle of a slapfight about women representation in the setting, though.

The dumbest loving derail which is why I'm here. Speaking of Ahriman I've seriously enjoyed his trilogy. Any mention of him in the new fluff? Seems lie everyone's getting in on the apocalypse party

E: also what was the resolution to War Zone Fenris and all the wulfen comin back

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waroduce posted:

The dumbest loving derail which is why I'm here. Speaking of Ahriman I've seriously enjoyed his trilogy. Any mention of him in the new fluff? Seems lie everyone's getting in on the apocalypse party

E: also what was the resolution to War Zone Fenris and all the wulfen comin back

IIRC, Fenris went kablooie and Ahriman and Magnus are besties again.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Rockopolis posted:

Seemed to work okay up until they gave the job to dude who'd been lost on a Space Hulk for a thousand years.

Or the fact that he was going to make a huge sacrifice to Khorne, who really loves psykers :thunk:

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Werix posted:

He said Blood Ravens, not angels, the snowflake chapter created for the Dawn of War games, and my personal favorite since I'm a helpless fanboy.

It has been all but confirmed that the Blood Ravens are descended from the Thousand Sons, given their high number of psykers despite the fact they recruit from multiple worlds, and that their color scheme is near identical to pre- heresy Sons.

There is also a precognitive in the H.H. book Thousand Sons that talks about the future of the sons and "Ravens of Blood". Ahriman takes this to mean the Corvidae sect he is part of, but many read it to be a nod to the Blood Ravens.

I assume the "worked out well" jab is in reference to the chapter's recent history, which includes their long lost chief libaraian/chapter master Kiras being rediscovered after having been possessed by a daemon. Who then turned like half the chapter and set up an elaborate plot to have the sector exterminatused as a sacrifice to Khorne to become a daemon Prince, of Khorne. The psyker chapter master.

Now the barely held together shredded body of Gabriel Angelos is in charge, marking the first time in chapter history the master is not also the chief librarian.

Yeah I made a typo. Funny how both have had a civil war. But that just proves my point further, being founded from a traitor legion that early on means your chance of corruption is equal to any other loyalist chapter.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah I made a typo. Funny how both have had a civil war. But that just proves my point further, being founded from a traitor legion that early on means your chance of corruption is equal to any other loyalist chapter.

Not to mention the Grey Knights themselves are from a traitor legion.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Not to mention the Grey Knights themselves are from a traitor legion.

Not just one, are they?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tias posted:

Not just one, are they?

The current Heresy books suggest they're mostly or entirely drawn from Death Guard geneseed because the Death Guard to date has had the largest number of loyalists reach Terra. The founders who would become the Grey Knights included loyalist members of every traitor legion, but it's as yet unknown if their geneseed was taken.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cythereal posted:

IIRC, Fenris went kablooie and Ahriman and Magnus are besties again.

Fenris is still around.

For other new fluff Ahriman now hates Ynnari Eldar as when they got into a battle Webway their leader Yvraine showed off the power of her god by reversing the Rubric spell and restoring three Rubric Marines. Overcome with this Ahriman agreed to let them pass and wanted their help in the future to restore all of the Thousand Sons. However once Yvraine was let through she backstabbed him and killed the restored Thousand Sons. Ahriman is likely to hold a grudge from this.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 8, 2017

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Cythereal posted:

The current Heresy books suggest they're mostly or entirely drawn from Death Guard geneseed because the Death Guard to date has had the largest number of loyalists reach Terra. The founders who would become the Grey Knights included loyalist members of every traitor legion, but it's as yet unknown if their geneseed was taken.

Severian (A Luna Wolf) was picking dudes from all over for the Knights-Errant, I think it's just that the novels seem to follow Garro. I think it current canon that while the founding of the Grey Knights was from the Knights Errant that the geneseed they went forward with using is still the Emperor-derived one?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MonsterEnvy posted:

Fenris is still around.

For other new fluff Ahriman now hates Ynnari Eldar as when they got into a battle Webway their leader Yvraine showed off the power of her god by reversing the Rubric spell and restoring three Rubric Marines. Overcome with this Ahriman agreed to led them pass and wanted their help in the future to restore all of the Thousand Sons. However once Yvraine was let through she backstabbed him and killed the restored Thousand Sons. Ahriman is likely to hold a grudge from this.

Ha! Owned.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Ahriman actually managed to bring one of the Rubricae back to life before his counter-rubric was hijacked by Magnus in order to put himself back together. That one success means he's willing to do basically anything to fix his mistakes, and Tzeentch loves him for it.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

This extract taking from the main game thread. It's part of Guilliman's meeting with Cawl. (Or to be correct Cawl's totally not an AI that has the same knowledge and thoughts processes as Cawl.) About how Cawl wants to bring in loyalist Primaris marines from the traitor legions (And lost legions).

I can't really fault the logic of the Mechanicus here and Rowboat is a big baby for making the traitor legion geneseed off limits. Cawl should totally ignore his rear end.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Werix posted:

I can't really fault the logic of the Mechanicus here and Rowboat is a big baby for making the traitor legion geneseed off limits. Cawl should totally ignore his rear end.

The main reason Guilliman is probably against it is because it would be unpopular among the masses of the Imperium. And he would not want something like that undermining his efforts. (Same reason he closed library at Ultramar because he knows there were records of the Imperium secondus there and does not want that to undermine him.)

It's kind of the same case with most things Cawl. As he also wants Guilliman to make him Fabricator General. And Guilliman not wanting disorder is is primary reason for refusing to do this for Cawl as Cawl is a well known radical and an Admech Heretek. So he refuses to give Cawl what he wants there as he feels the Admech would schism and go into civil war over that.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Will Gillyman update his Big Book of War? Civil wars breaking out over whether to accept the revised Codex would be a good plot hook.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Will Gillyman update his Big Book of War? Civil wars breaking out over whether to accept the revised Codex would be a good plot hook.

He is making some revisions. Though it has not been stated exactly what they are yet. He has introduced an 11th company into the Ultramarines for example.

He also is writing a new book the Codex Imperialis which is pretty much going to be a Codex Astartes on civil society and good governance. The compilation of the Imperium's (accurate as he can get it) history is going to be part of the book.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though the books make sure to point out that Guilliman is not perfect. Hell even some of his Primaris Marines are willing to criticize him.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Interesting. If it's just regular gene-seed, then their claim of having no fallen members becomes even more impressive! Also I love Death Guard, so :getin:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Werix posted:

Cawl probably will, and GW will use that as a pretense to sell more Primaris Marine models make Primaris Marines available to the traitor legions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I'm surprised they didn't decide to use them, but only dole out like one or two per chapter. It'd be like homeopathy for treason.