Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
makoto, ryuji, and the third was the swap out. in ng+ its been haru 90% of the time

In Training posted:

I like Makoto's outfit too

yea its one of my favs as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Has anyone found a good place to buy merchandise? Trying to find the most homoerotic Yusuke merch, asking for a friend

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

4th palace is really cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I noticed the pancake thing immediately when it happened.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Yusuke and Haru were mainstays in my party, and I used Morgana and Ann a lot too. The others a bit less but I swapped around to get the SP regen going in some later palaces.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

I noticed the pancake thing immediately when it happened.

me too, but then they throw in the story about how he got sucked in at the second dungeon and i just assumed that was why he heard the cat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man...they play the P4 menu music in the piano lounge on shido's cruise ship I sat there for a while listening to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just lost an hour of progress because I got instawiped by an enemy I hadn't seen before. gently caress this game

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i just got wiped out right before what i assume is the final safe room for the second time. this stupid dungeon is bullshit :qq:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nvm I'm back it only took like 15 minutes. I'm back in.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i just got wiped out right before what i assume is the final safe room for the second time. this stupid dungeon is bullshit :qq:

Which one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
depths of mementos. i managed to make it just now though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ruthlessly cheesed the 5th card carrier. I had a sona with Null Curse and Null Phys and since I had done the dungeon in one go and was completely on fumes I had no SP with basically anybody so I just let MC rush attack him for awhile until I won.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this secret boss is tough. i will beat them, however

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Question about sort of endgame stuff: ive reached Shido's treasure room, and theres been heavy signalling that this is the last stretch to raise social links. should i wait till last day to send the card or can I do it asap like pretty much every other dungeon and still have time afterwards to hang out? it seems like doing this would irreparably change the state of Tokyo and i may not be able to hang out after, so I just wanted to be sure. I want to max out Futaba and Yusuke at the very least before the gameis over, I'd be bummed if I couldnt make it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Question about sort of endgame stuff: ive reached Shido's treasure room, and theres been heavy signalling that this is the last stretch to raise social links. should i wait till last day to send the card or can I do it asap like pretty much every other dungeon and still have time afterwards to hang out? it seems like doing this would irreparably change the state of Tokyo and i may not be able to hang out after, so I just wanted to be sure. I want to max out Futaba and Yusuke at the very least before the gameis over, I'd be bummed if I couldnt make it

it works like all the rest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

it works like all the rest

Ty. I've got quite a few links I dont think Ill finish but my biggest regret is going to be not maxing Hifumi.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought I wouldn't make it but I think I'm gonna be able to max everyone except Makoto and Iwai

I still didn't max charm lol. That's some bullshit requirement for how early you get her

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a friend of mine was trying really hard to do everyone without a guide and he ended having a single person stuck at rank 9

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the endgame dragged a bit but otherwise a great game. will definitely play 3 and 4 later, but ill prolly play FFXV before that

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Makoto was the only party member I didn't max thanks to the charm req.. I didn't get Strength or Sun either, the latter because I forgot they existed and then they're not available the last month

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I kind of don't want to max the party member s. links because the ultimate personas don't look as cool as the starting ones

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Item Getter posted:

I kind of don't want to max the party member s. links because the ultimate personas don't look as cool as the starting ones

It's a totally different artstyle, when I unlocked the first one I was like "Wtf is this" but as you get more you realize they're all kinda going for that weird psychedelic look

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
only things left for plat are

read all books, I think k I'm missing one
play all games
do all requests
max confidants
finish compendium

the easy stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol poo poo pops off fter palace 5, huh

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Folks, Persona 5 is good gaming.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

Folks, Persona 5 is good gaming.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
still playing it

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
i'm on NG+ there are more mysteries to unravel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
me2 i want the platinum. hard to talk about the game though , probably cos the story and the gameplay are hard to separate? and i generaly dont like to talk about the story side of games.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
ryuji has mutated to his second persona, and now when he summons he yells "satan-tatan!"

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I skimmed the spoiler thread in games instead of working and 70% of it is one guy responding to each post with how he wants to gently caress akechi

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
games never changes

really stoked to be making solid progress towards platinum. secret boss would be tough without akechi

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hubris.height posted:

games never changes

really stoked to be making solid progress towards platinum. secret boss would be tough without akechi

Oh is that what people do?

I really liked P5 but it was so long and took up so much of my life I don't think I can ever go for the plat, and if I play it again it's gonna have to be years from now

I dunno why, it felt like it took over in a way a lot of games don't.

I also think the game would've worked much better if the dungeons were shorter but there were more of them

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I want to plat P5 but I don't think I will because of the cost of high level persona

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
If you max the sun arcana you can get like 30-50k yen from holding up enemies a lot of the time

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If you want infinite money certain bosses in mementos can be confused. If you go in there with the MC only and a persona with very high luck (gives more money) and confuse them over and over they'll keep tossing money at you

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
speedrunning the first 5 dungeons can net you like 500-700k as well. with % complete discounts this can get a lot of work done

but there's still more lol I'm at 93% ATM

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

If you max the sun arcana you can get like 30-50k yen from holding up enemies a lot of the time

he gave me his pen I didn't try this, christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

• Locked thread