Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
House of Horrors is hands-down the most embarrassing wrestling thing I've ever seen since the last thing Bray Wyatt did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

You said bray wyatt but you meant randy orton.

This is where a picture of randy's wrestlemania entrance would be.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

House of Horrors was bad but we all knew Bray Wyatt was dead after Wrestlemania. Bayley at least had some hope but for that match killed it all off.

Show rates better than it seemed except for the main, which kinda of is the big WWE problem in a nutshell. Mostly okay to great wrestling, some real bad booking that can make a show feel like it drags,

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I know at least I enjoyed watching Bayley look like a dumb idiot baby and get the life beat out of her with a kendo stick for a few minutes. Would watch again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

House of Horrors was bad and a terrible end to a lovely feud that also wrecked one of the few times they'd started making Bray an actual credible threat.

The Bayley/Alexa match was far, far worse and absolutely deserves the DUD rating, it was appallingly bad and a massive blow to Bayley (Alexa at least came out of it looking dominant)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

House of Horrors was bad and a terrible end to a lovely feud that also wrecked one of the few times they'd started making Bray an actual credible threat.

The Bayley/Alexa match was far, far worse and absolutely deserves the DUD rating, it was appallingly bad and a massive blow to Bayley

:agreed:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I like really bad wrestling matches but I also like Bayley. Should I watch the lovely match from sunday?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AlmightyPants posted:

I like really bad wrestling matches but I also like Bayley. Should I watch the lovely match from sunday?

You should definitely watch it. It's only 5 minutes and it's actually kinda fascinating to see it 'cause you're like "wow, they're actually doing this."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

The Bayley/Alexa match was far, far worse and absolutely deserves the DUD rating, it was appallingly bad and a massive blow to Bayley (Alexa at least came out of it looking dominant)

until the next night were micky, dana and nia beat on her for a while

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Benne posted:

OK OK guys, House of Horrors did have some fun individual moments, but let's not bend over backwards here. I can only take so much ironic shitposting, and "House of Horrors was actually good" is a line I'm not willing to cross. Be careful.

House of Horrors featured a man crushed by a prop refrigerator and spooky lights, what more do you need out of wrestling?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sono posted:

In-universe, there is a leprechaun kingdom under the ring.

Pro wrestling is very good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The last couple Bray Wyatt things have been bad attempts at capturing semi pop culture things like the Broken Hardy's or Resident Evil 7. Of course, he still loses when it matters and is expected to keep being over somehow.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Called it in the last thread

look everyone, we got another scoopman over here. move over, rovert!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Procrastinator posted:

Don't you dare talk poo poo about Ramp Snake.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
House of Horrors was kind of like an atomic bomb strike, while Alexa/Bayley was a firebomb. Yeah, it might have caused more fatalities, but it just doesn't have the same emotional impact of terribleness.

that's my official rating system anyway

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Procrastinator posted:

Ramp Snake is good and my friend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Randy Orton will get RKO'd by a swamp priest one day.

Boo!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I know at least I enjoyed watching Bayley look like a dumb idiot baby and get the life beat out of her with a kendo stick for a few minutes. Would watch again.
:yeah: i hope we get a few more matches where Alexa makes people look like pathetic losers. Meltzer can give those all DUDs too :grin:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

:smugdon: VERY ENTERTAINING!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They both came out of the House of Horrors alright. Bray looked like a loser, but Bray is a loser so it's fine.

The kendo stick match was a character assassination. The dud's obviously for the booking anyway, it's not like Alexa or Bayley blew the match. They did what they were supposed to.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

They both came out of the House of Horrors alright. Bray looked like a loser, but Bray is a loser so it's fine.

The kendo stick match was a character assassination. The dud's obviously for the booking anyway, it's not like Alexa or Bayley blew the match. They did what they were supposed to.

Bayley almost botched the suplex on the outside. VERY UNSAFE.

Alexa did the "beat the crap of the other woman" well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bayley almost botched the suplex on the outside. VERY UNSAFE.

That was storytelling. Bayley is so valiant that her body nearly rejected doing something dirty like an outside suplex.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

She certainly is better at swinging a stick than she is at wrestling, I will give you that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

biw wiw

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Bog Dog? does this mean he's going to side with Wyatt soon?

Swamp Priest and Bog Dog for the tag belt tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Verified solid gold tag team. Biw Wiw for the Bog Dog.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

She certainly is better at swinging a stick than she is at wrestling, I will give you that.

then can we agree that all her future matches should involve her brutally beating the poo poo out of her opponent with a kendo stick and retaining the championship?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

then can we agree that all her future matches should involve her brutally beating the poo poo out of her opponent with a kendo stick and retaining the championship?

Oh, no, you misunderstood me.

She sucks at wrestling and should be a manager instead.

She's basically the Enzo of the women's division. With, I'll grant, a snappier DDT.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

She's basically the Enzo of the women's division.
:chloe:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa Bliss should follow in Women's Division Pillar Alicia Fox's footsteps and become TJP's valet.

(actually shitposting aside, Bliss and Kendrick is a combination I would kind of love to see)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://ca.yahoo.com/sports/news/macho-man-randy-savage-used-brewers-rookie-hoops-232236121.html

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

(actually shitposting aside, Bliss and Kendrick is a combination I would kind of love to see)

You're a monster.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

She's basically the Enzo of the women's division. With, I'll grant, a snappier DDT.

get the gently caress out of here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

:agreed:

VJeff posted:

:agreed: but understood the first time

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The anti Alexa sentiment on this forum is VERY PROBLEMATIC!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The anti Alexa sentiment on this forum is VERY PROBLEMATIC!

Hot take: Alexa Bliss is worse than Kane.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Hot take: Alexa Bliss is worse than Kane.
Agreed. Kane is the best wrestler in WWE. Not even Alexa is as good. Close though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm just glad Bayley got squashed out of the title picture so now that when she has bad matches against other people and people point out they're bad, dumb Jimmy Howard fans (I'll refrain from naming anyone specific, I'm classy) won't be able to use lazy "Yeah but Alexa!" arguments.

• Locked thread