Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Magna Kaser posted:

I love AA heroes who run away instead of attacking when I give them a Tassadar shield. I got the 90% lifesteal talent for you, Illidan :smith:

I try to call things like that out in chat when I take or plan to take the talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

beejay posted:

Why... would you do that. You will play a bunch of games you hate for like... a voice line. People do the weirdest poo poo in this game.
I don't hate playing them; they're just dull. I'm enjoying goofing around with his build each game and trying to figure out if you can make a pure minion sweeper build really work (Kinda) or things like that. As for why, it's just something to do with a discernible end point goal with a reward (even if it's not a very good one).

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I try to call things like that out in chat when I take or plan to take the talent.

relax dude it's just QM, muted

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello

I unlocked Monkey King Samuro the other day in a lootbox
I played Samuro today

Monkey King Samuro is fun to play

Namaste

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Infinitum posted:

Hello

I unlocked Monkey King Samuro the other day in a lootbox
I played Samuro today

Monkey King Samuro is fun to play

Namaste

Is your posting gimmick to be wrong in every thread? I feel dirty for enjoying Samuro as well

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Goddamn, I watched a Grubby video of him piloting Samuro and was like "this looks like the most annoyingly broken hero to play against ever!" Then I played Samuro and I kept dying and my opponents could always tell which clone was the real me even when I couldn't tell which was the real me :(

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Spudd posted:

Is your posting gimmick to be wrong in every thread? I feel dirty for enjoying Samuro as well

Every time you Q-W out of stealth behind a Probius it feels better. I won't apologize.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spudd posted:

Sorry you don't like mercin' nerds from the shadows :frogc00l:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Infinitum posted:

Global Hunt is the best version of that :black101:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

I prefer Murkin' nerds in plain sight

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I prefer mercin' when the objective just popped and the enemy team is roaming as five.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Samuro is fun and good.

Monkey King Samuro is goddamn amazing and was the first thing I got in my epic chests when 2.0 went live. Now I just need a green cloud to go with him.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Samuro is fun and good.

I don't understand Samuro hate. He is crazy good on a lot of maps. His only real weakness (and its a big one) is that he has absolutely no poke. Good evasion, decent wave clear, great merc, good team fight damage, decently sticky.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Nephzinho posted:

I don't understand Samuro hate. He is crazy good on a lot of maps. His only real weakness (and its a big one) is that he has absolutely no poke. Good evasion, decent wave clear, great merc, good team fight damage, decently sticky.

A lot of the pros call him poo poo in their tier lists because he's bad in pro games. Which OF COURSE means he's bad in all games ever despite a consistently high win rate that nets him more and more nerfs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Now I just need a green cloud to go with him.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's why he does his little spinning pole thing when he's mounting up, he needs a cloud mount under him!

Ok I need a cloud mount now

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Yeaaaah got Nightmare prime evil diablo from rerolled regular loot box :cheerdoge:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Infinitum posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's why he does his little spinning pole thing when he's mounting up, he needs a cloud mount under him!

Ok I need a cloud mount now

Monkey King, dude. Learn your Journey to the West!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Monkey King, dude. Learn your Journey to the West!

I'm Australia, I know all about Monkey Magic :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpV3yslwmE

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mind over Matter posted:

A lot of the pros call him poo poo in their tier lists because he's bad in pro games. Which OF COURSE means he's bad in all games ever despite a consistently high win rate that nets him more and more nerfs.

Yeah in "pro" games he doesn't have the poke, CC, or sustain to be viable- but his kit is great for the rest of us. If you're organized and high level then most of what Samuro does well can also be done well by Sonya/Greymane who bring other things to the table.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Ghost of Starman posted:

Goddamn, I watched a Grubby video of him piloting Samuro and was like "this looks like the most annoyingly broken hero to play against ever!" Then I played Samuro and I kept dying and my opponents could always tell which clone was the real me even when I couldn't tell which was the real me :(

The good matches end up on YouTube. You don't see the bad ones unless you watch live.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've never once in my entire life accurately targeted the right Samuro.

That's the only reason he frustrates me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't even try unless he's running away. His illusions do way too much damage to try to out race him by guessing which is the right one and attacking it

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Libertine posted:

I've never once in my entire life accurately targeted the right Samuro.

That's the only reason he frustrates me.

I'm sure you know the theory and just get blinded by teamfight chaos, but in case you need the trick:

Unless they go illusion master, the one who isn't magnetically attracted to enemies is the clone. 3 spawn and 2 will immediately attack nearest enemies. Maybe the 3rd will, maybe not. If any of them lose laser-like focus, that's the blademaster you want.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm sure you know the theory and just get blinded by teamfight chaos, but in case you need the trick:

Unless they go illusion master, the one who isn't magnetically attracted to enemies is the clone. 3 spawn and 2 will immediately attack nearest enemies. Maybe the 3rd will, maybe not. If any of them lose laser-like focus, that's the blademaster you want.

This is why I will ignore being attacked while on Samuro with clones up.

e; When playing Sam, you should always have your Q or E up. If they're both down, you should be running (or know the other guy is dying first).

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 8, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The trick is, there is no escaping the Monkey King

Accept your death

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Much like Nova, the real Samuro is the one that fears death.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm convinced that Phantom Pain is actually the best crit talent for Samuro, since every fight you're going to win starts with you making illusions anyway. You can get sustained damage in the late game by going Mirrored Steel for Q CDRs or the talent that makes an image every time you windwalk, since every right thinking Samuro takes the faster windwalk at 20. You'll basically always have 2 images up that way.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
His wave clear is pretty bad without the splash. Plus the splash hits the main target so it's not a huge damage loss. I'd say phantom pain is more niche for when you don't need any extra wave clear and just have a single target you really want to kill.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 8, 2017

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

It sucks to lose as Samuro knowing you made it easier to complete quest talents. I find him very fun to play, though, and I just like him as a character. He's a guilty pleasure.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm glad Samuro didn't get utterly gutted by his wind walk 2 second CD increase. I hardly notice it, especially since you can just chill in stealth until the CD is almost up anyhow, before attacking.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6g0wgo/infernal_shrines_got_balance_changes_after_5/

Blue post saying they're tweaking Hanamura soon™

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm glad Samuro didn't get utterly gutted by his wind walk 2 second CD increase. I hardly notice it, especially since you can just chill in stealth until the CD is almost up anyhow, before attacking.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6g0wgo/infernal_shrines_got_balance_changes_after_5/

Good. There is nothing more frustrating than some randoms knowing how to do the map and some not, and the team comp grab bag in QM matters so much more there than other maps too.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

bamhand posted:

His wave clear is pretty bad without the splash. Plus the splash hits the main target so it's not a huge damage loss. I'd say phantom pain is more niche for when you don't need any extra wave clear and just have a single target you really want to kill.

I guess, but I don't really feel it since he has a high attack speed and images to pick up the slack. I'm still trying to decide between them, his real advantage is that suddenly there's 3 orc samurai hitting you out of nowhere.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just my two cents:

Dragon Ball themed Monkey King Samuro is best Samuro.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Just my two cents:

Dragon Ball themed Monkey King Samuro is best Samuro.

The Monkey King predates Dragonballs!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't know one of them was dragon ball themed; that explains why when I told a QM teammate I liked his monkey skin, he said "is cool but wanted goku". I just said "yeah" and didn't talk to him again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm always disappointed that Kharazim doesn't have Aang or Krillin skins.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Toshimo posted:

I'm always disappointed that Kharazim doesn't have Aang or Krillin skins.

????

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

His base had a blue arrow Head variant. He's had a windbender skin since release

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

thank gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
They are tweaking it to make games last longer; the worst Hanamura tweak.