Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Are they at E3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
FLIGHT - INVERT MOUSE PITCH NOT WORKING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Setting the inversion settings for mouse input to "Yes" on the flight controls does not actually invert the input.

ACTUAL RESULT
Mouse controls for flight are not inverted

EXPECTED RESULT
Mouse controls for flight should be inverted

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Kellanved posted:

Are they at E3?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

AP posted:

FLIGHT - INVERT MOUSE PITCH NOT WORKING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Setting the inversion settings for mouse input to "Yes" on the flight controls does not actually invert the input.

ACTUAL RESULT
Mouse controls for flight are not inverted

EXPECTED RESULT
Mouse controls for flight should be inverted

your posts makes me think Star Citizen might not be ready for a release commando

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

your posts makes me think Star Citizen might not be ready for a release commando

They started giving everyone Arena Commander in June 2014, that's how long something that simple has been broken.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
What should have happened? I should have had my selected loadout. Plain and simple.
Death animations shouldn't persist past respawn. This doesn't happen elsewhere in the PU.
To remain on the flight deck.
Arm placement when seated should rest on top of thigh.

Should not crash
Caterpillar should be unaffected by player exit
Have the ability to mount the same weapons by having more than one in the inventory on the same ship without missing one of the two
I highly assume that the part connected to the hardpoint should not be pointing away from the turrets.
There would be having simulated gravity
Ship to take off as normal.
Both weapons fire properly.
optics should stick to my weapons
for the floor to remain solid.
Should not explode
well, i expected the gun NOT to stick out from my head;)
No textures flickering.
No locking up, no freezing, no stuttering.
Don't fall inside the space station
no mag in the front of the gun

Hands should be on both joysticks correctly.
Free Look would function and player could look around cockpit.
Player character's left arm should be at a natural angle relative to throttle control.
My avatar spawn with helmet (in complete flight suit)
Flares and chaff work 100% of the times i try to launch them.
expected all camera views to work properly the images below are all in cockpit views

All screens fold out properly.
Instead, one would think that ship would fall over on it's side, or some such thing.
Abuse

Not a crash, but a return to menu as intended. Low priority issue.
i will have to restart the mission.
i get off the ship safety.

the screen must not disppear.
i must not see myself.

The items should remain at their specific locations.

The character should be able stand/walk normaly on both locations
Ring should open to allow ship to fly though.
shoot with gun and be able to responde from attacs in crusader and protect it
Med kits should work all the time
Entering the ship without the Mobiglas dirorting, no game crash
I expected just to continue running at the wall without glitching through boundary
The second ship would be spawned on another pad.

When launching game for first time should connect to game.
you should leave landing pad alive
Weapons should work properly
Game should not be crashing
I should be able to freely enter and exit a turret cockpit while in flight.
All four guns to fire in sync.
the door should not let me through without opening it before hand
the lazers from the guns should not hit the ship and instead continue flying away from the ship.
no clipping
Present Passport image should be static against the wall instead of blending in and out
My camera position shouldn't detach from my body and mouse input.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktx2APuZN3U

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Polygon has an article up on What to Expect in the 2017 PC Gaming Show.

Star Citizen is nowhere to be found.

Strange that they're not showing off the miracle update that'll put all doubt to rest

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
they're right E3 is a tiny insignificant event no one gives a gently caress about. I mean they don't even have Star Citizen in it so what value could it possibly have.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I just find them funny.

All the fake poo poo that goes on and there's an extra layer on top that only shows itself when you hit escape.

What's not to love about something so broken?

Keep on doing what you do commando o8

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kellanved posted:

Are they at E3?

I think you have to have something sort of resembling a video game to go to E3...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

phosdex posted:

How does he think the solar system works?

"there is no gravity... just Newtonian physics"

Everyone here should take a moment and let that really sink in.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Kellanved posted:

Are they at E3?

we should hear about Fallout 4 VR release date, Doom VR and Elder Scrolls VR.

Starfield should also be on the menu as well. That is just from Bethesda alone.

CIG...........

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean, who really cares about Newton's law of universal gravitation, anyway?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Or the penny to drop, if you will :smuggo:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

This just in, genius discovers that trade shows cost money to set up, run and attend with no guarantee of return. :doh: I honestly have no words or facepalms meaty enough to represent the sheer DUUUUUH! of his comment or the fact that he completely misses the point of said trade shows.

Nice to see them preemptively laying the path for CIG to back out of future trade events though.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you say CIG is too good for E3 and revolutionizes the industry by not going
I say CIG is embarassed to have a crysis mod after five years

you say CIG doesn't even want to go
I say they have nothing to show

Let's call the whole thing off
Apparently they did

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150350626?t=20m27s

:gary:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/150350626?t=64m10s

:gary: :gary:

AP fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 8, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cig avoid conferences because they only want scrutiny from people too stupid to realise what they are looking at

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lol what is citizencon then?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractNapper posted:

Wasn't that thing looping forever while people waited for their CitCon to start (or was it before the GamesCom).

On the one hand, people got sick of watching it. On the other hand, I hope they go berserk when they realize that it's never actually happening.

Those who get upset will be met with the "you don't understand game development" and also "they're planning to add it in later, its alpha".

Unfortunately the way they are doing it (map transition) isn't going to lend itself well to being hacked in later. It's pretty much a lie now if they can't get the basic technology working now.

Virtual Captain posted:

Why? It's practically in game!

Aug 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI&t=2625s

There is no way they would take an entire year to walk back and turn it into a cinematic! FUD I say!

YouTube videos is basically reality for backers. At this point the procedural planetary landings are old technology that they are probably happy to see replaced with planet landings V2.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sandweed posted:

A collection for Sandi's next acting gig.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Exinos posted:

It's just more fidelity to layer in.

wait, i thought they layered in code on top of the fidelity. this game recipe is confusing :confused:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

A collection for Sandi's next acting gig.

I didn't see any tickle shows at citcon

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What's going down in Star Citizen land? Is it out yet? Is it the best game ever?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Those who get upset will be met with the "you don't understand game development" and also "they're planning to add it in later, its alpha".

Unfortunately the way they are doing it (map transition) isn't going to lend itself well to being hacked in later. It's pretty much a lie now if they can't get the basic technology working now.

YouTube videos is basically reality for backers. At this point the procedural planetary landings are old technology that they are probably happy to see replaced with planet landings V2.

So wait you are insinuating that a rover sliding over a 10gb Cryeditor.map file encountering motionless NPCs isn't real? I Saw it!

Everyone knows that all you need to do is create a series of orbs in maya with planet skins and you've then created a living breathing solar system with procedural life and can sell people rare animals for $1000.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

I just find them funny.

All the fake poo poo that goes on and there's an extra layer on top that only shows itself when you hit escape.

What's not to love about something so broken?

I can usually figure out what may be wrong with these. But a menu overlay causing geometry to disappear is something beyond my basic understanding to ascertain what the problem may be.

A 3D layer, for z-filtering stuff, and the menu and certain geometry share it? Not sure on this one.

I'm sure CIG has top people on it though. Top people.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:psyduck:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alf_pogs posted:

cig avoid conferences because they only want scrutiny from people too stupid to realise what they are looking at

^this

(1, 2, 3)

:wtchris:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He's not wrong here dude. I know we are all usually making fun of things here, but Star Citizen was a successful kickstarter with successful crowdfunding and made the people involved a lot of money. It's a success in that context.

I mean that's what I would expect a normal person to say because holy cow it's made Chris and Sandi a poo poo ton of money they don't deserve. It won't be a successful game. It's going to be a wet fart travelling through space. If I could con people into paying off my student loans and not get in trouble for it I would have to have a serious morality check with myself.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sandweed posted:

The conference where people are stupid enough to buy tickets, and travel to, an obscure location to watch a PowerPoint presentation.

Often with huge amounts of time spent talking about forum software designed to stifle those very same people.

Super different from E3.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Reddit declaring No Mans Sky a huge success.

also catte tax

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 8, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Asema posted:

He's not wrong here dude. I know we are all usually making fun of things here, but Star Citizen was a successful kickstarter with successful crowdfunding and made the people involved a lot of money. It's a success in that context.

I mean that's what I would expect a normal person to say because holy cow it's made Chris and Sandi a poo poo ton of money they don't deserve. It won't be a successful game. It's going to be a wet fart travelling through space. If I could con people into paying off my student loans and not get in trouble for it I would have to have a serious morality check with myself.

A success where the creators took the money and failed/reneged on their obligation/promise? Sounds like a scam to me!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Space Crabs posted:

So wait you are insinuating that a rover sliding over a 10gb Cryeditor.map file encountering motionless NPCs isn't real? I Saw it!

Everyone knows that all you need to do is create a series of orbs in maya with planet skins and you've then created a living breathing solar system with procedural life and can sell people rare animals for $1000.

Friend, you are witnessing game development history!

For the first time, possibly ever, you're seeing exactly what happens when a game studio says "programmers? No, graphics and motion capture will make this game!"

So it's really a good thing that most of the game will end up being CryEngine maps with FPS and vehicles. Those tutorials are already done, and the modders they have should be able to mod that stuff in. It'll look pretty!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

A success where the creators took the money and failed/reneged on their obligation/promise? Sounds like a scam to me!

it's all perspective man, if your goal was to just make a bunch of money and underdeliver then wooo boy what level of success are we talkin about here

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also derek if you wanna pay off my student loans i'll build you a robust IoT platform for LoD*

*i am not liable to actually build you an IoT platform

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't care that I got 20 years, the armed robbery was a huge success.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Asema posted:

it's all perspective man, if your goal was to just make a bunch of money and underdeliver then wooo boy what level of success are we talkin about here

Hate to say it but I'm pretty sure that was the goal. That's the Stimpirical sad truth behind Star Citizen. Let Chris Roberts sail in and make money off of nostalgia for nothing.

He didn't even build the original demo, the crytech guys wrote it for him.

At the outset, he paid himself and those involved a year of backpay.

When not hard at work doing whatever, Sandi is off "acting" while both are endlessly globe trotting and vacationing.

It's a hideous success that many will try to duplicate now. Really the only thing that might stop it will be if everybody involved somehow gets sued or somehow the government gets involved, or there are federal requirements put into place for these crowdfunding campaigns not designed for charitable organizations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Titanic posted:

I'm sure CIG has top people on it though. Top people.

the best people, yuuuge people

ben fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

How the gently caress has Ben been pulling a salary for the last 6 years? Or has he?