Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNgujnMOt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPSbziUdmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVWVOeyOdu8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It might have not been covered here but Nintendo released the schedule for their Treehouse events at E3 and have revealed that their E3 Spotlight event is only going to be about 30 minutes long, as the first Treehouse event begins half an hour after the scheduled start time of the Spotlight.

And because it's E3, it's time for some vintage E3 memes like your favorite! Fake blurry photo of a piece of paper with games printed on it!

It just ain't the same without FF7 remake rumors... Yeah, I know they can shift to when it's going to come out but that just ain't the same.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Policenaut posted:

It might have not been covered here but Nintendo released the schedule for their Treehouse events at E3 and have revealed that their E3 Spotlight event is only going to be about 30 minutes long, as the first Treehouse event begins half an hour after the scheduled start time of the Spotlight.

And because it's E3, it's time for some vintage E3 memes like your favorite! Fake blurry photo of a piece of paper with games printed on it!

It just ain't the same without FF7 remake rumors... Yeah, I know they can shift to when it's going to come out but that just ain't the same.

I wonder where you find a camera bad enough to take this kind of blurry "leaked" picture in 2017....

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Policenaut posted:

Aw yeah, this is the stuff I need.

Curious though, who is Climax Studios?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Policenaut posted:

im the misspelled "Broken Aliance"

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Plataform

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah, no chance in hell for a No More Heroes 3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Policenaut posted:

LOL Overwatch and Tekken. Stupidly enough that wasn't what didn't convince me, it was "No More Heroes 3" which Suda51 has repeatedly said "that's not what it will be called."

Suda51 is actually going to appear at the Devolver booth this year. Maybe he'll tell us that Killer7 is getting an HD release.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Is there a good/easy way to play the old ones. I played 1 on Dreamcast (forever in my heart) but not 2.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/872756833127190528

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

All those games are things I very much want to be real

But :lol: fake blurry paper leaks in TYOOL2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Is there a good/easy way to play the old ones. I played 1 on Dreamcast (forever in my heart) but not 2.

I do not know which Dreamcast emulator is best, but you are basically looking at a :filez: situation here.

If you've got an old Dreamcast laying about, it's super easy to pirate games for as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

Not unless Dreamcast emulation is better than last time I tried it. 2 got an original Xbox release but I don't believe it was a 360 BC game either.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

All those games are things I very much want to be real

But :lol: fake blurry paper leaks in TYOOL2017
It's the most obvious fake because Blizzard said they can't port Overwatch to the Switch in the way they'd want. CoD is even more laughable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Aw yeah, this is the stuff I need.

Curious though, who is Climax Studios?

They did two bad Silent Hill games

E: got them confused with Landstalkers Climax for a sec

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CoD is the super laughable one there, buuuuut I'd like to believe Overwatch is doable to an extent.

We're a week out from E3 :woop:

Can we start fanboying and get hopelessly owned post-E3 yet? Cause Nintendo is gonna win :smuggo:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There have actually been a few reports and scant details that may suggest COD: WW2 might come to Switch but nothing substantial.

Sakurazuka posted:

Not unless Dreamcast emulation is better than last time I tried it. 2 got an original Xbox release but I don't believe it was a 360 BC game either.

Shenmue 2 works on 360.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Microsoft is so desperate they're turning into Acclaim.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Policenaut posted:

It's actually a black and gold logo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If I was a big famous developer or publisher I'd start leaking a ton of stuff to game media the week before E3 but it would all be poorly cropped in MSpaint with comic sans font and many typos so they'd have to put that on their websites and try to convince people it's real

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oh was it going to come out this year?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want that 4chan bloke who leaked a bunch of poo poo before the Switch reveal to start making the rounds

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I want that 4chan bloke who leaked a bunch of poo poo before the Switch reveal to start making the rounds

that was legit insane. after a year of "pro leakers" telling us what we'd see and how great Mother 3 would be, some random gently caress on 4chan completely revealed the entire thing days before it happened. I remember seeing "ARMS" and thinking what the gently caress even is this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Much like xbox one these creatures were born with a poison appendage

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

good grief

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I wonder why they would send scorpion lollypops to the press? Is it a threat? Is it a teaser? Is it tasty and Microsoft wants people to know that???

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

wait it's called the scorpio

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Microsoft is sending it out to the press because they're about to get

stung by a PC in the shape of a console with not a lot of great exclusive games, and I think Sony and Nintendo are really gonna shine bright this year.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

that was legit insane. after a year of "pro leakers" telling us what we'd see and how great Mother 3 would be, some random gently caress on 4chan completely revealed the entire thing days before it happened. I remember seeing "ARMS" and thinking what the gently caress even is this.

Pictured: A year of leakers being blown the gently caress out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo is gonna show a mario game i've wanted since like 2002 when i first said "wtf is this blue coin poo poo"

Sony is about to show 90 mins of games ill be hype for

Ms is about to talk about a console with a jaguar cpu like its actually powerful for 15 minutes and show a lot of multiplats that couldnt get room in sonys show.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Psychedelicatessen posted:

wait it's called the scorpio

I think they realised calling it the Xbox ad-nauseam reallllly wasn't the best business strategy once they hosed up the naming conventions with their second console.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Xbox One Four just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Pictured: A year of leakers being blown the gently caress out

Wasn't there one chick who kept harping on about Mario+Rabbids pre-Switch launch reveal, and when it finally got revealed a month ago went "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!" like anyone actually gave a poo poo about confirmation of a Mario+Rabbids leak?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Infinitum posted:

Xbox One Four just doesn't have the same ring to it.

It'll be called the Xbox One For All, and when they announce it, All Might will walk onstage and throw the new console in the garbage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Wasn't there one chick who kept harping on about Mario+Rabbids pre-Switch launch reveal, and when it finally got revealed a month ago went "I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU!" like anyone actually gave a poo poo about confirmation of a Mario+Rabbids leak?

Laura dale had a lotta info that hasnt come out and took a lot of twitter abuse for it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope companies just gently caress with known leakers, and just feed them a bunch of fake poo poo

"Oh yeah yeah, we're totally making a new Blast Corps game for the Switch"
:negative:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Here's my EA keynote hot leak for you all as long as you don't ask who my informant is:

Yearly installments of your favorite sports games! :woop::toot:

Also we've reanimated the corpse of Star Wars. You kids like Star Wars right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I wonder why they would send scorpion lollypops to the press? Is it a threat? Is it a teaser? Is it tasty and Microsoft wants people to know that???

It is absolutely a threat

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I was honestly expecting Trump to go here first.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

laura kate dale who was wrong as loving hell on the grand majority of her "leaks" but hey I guess that lovely Rabbids game sure is something right

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo is gonna show a mario game i've wanted since like 2002 when i first said "wtf is this blue coin poo poo"

Sony is about to show 90 mins of games ill be hype for

Ms is about to talk about a console with a jaguar cpu like its actually powerful for 15 minutes and show a lot of multiplats that couldnt get room in sonys show.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I hope companies just gently caress with known leakers, and just feed them a bunch of fake poo poo

"Oh yeah yeah, we're totally making a new Blast Corps game for the Switch"
:negative:

Some companies actually do that. If there's a leak somewhere that's routinely legitimate they'll start throwing out various leaks to other people but each finely tuned in such a way that if and when it leaks they'll know exactly who the guy is. It's sort of like how Blizzard has weird, unique pixels on their betas tuned to each user so if something leaks they can ID the guy even if they obfuscate their identity in the leaks.

I know NeoGAF used to have a couple of really solid, very well accredited leak guys who vanished after a couple years due to this stuff.

• Locked thread