Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Outside of the accusation of lying and the assertion that Russia hosed with the election (which we've heard about a million times now), I'm tremendously flaccid

Remember that this is now being said by Comey himself while under oath in front of Congress. That's what's big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah but we knew how this was going to go.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Also look at what Comey is NOT saying. He is choosing his words very carefully.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey broke a date with his wife to have dinner with Trump. That's the worst.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

cowboy elvis posted:

:sever:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Does stuff matter yet, or are we getting 8 years of Trump?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Comey isn't pulling punches on poo poo he can openly discuss. The closed session will have good stuff.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Missionary Positron posted:

Does stuff matter yet, or are we getting 8 years of Trump?

Four years unless Congress flips entirely. I doubt his health will let him hang on for the full eight.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

cowboy elvis posted:

This has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Every republican seems to ask the exact same line of questions. It's like oh poo poo republican here we go same loving poo poo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lankford bringing up Trump's tweets right now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMAILS

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
come on trump where's your tweets at dawg?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Belgian Waffle posted:

come on trump where's your tweets at dawg?

His son is doing all the live-tweeting.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

Four years unless Congress flips entirely. I doubt his health will let him hang on for the full eight.

That doesn't mean he won't try.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

glad he's laying out how important it is that russia interfered and what that means for our system of government and elections.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Comey is making GBS threads all over russia again and trying to stress that they are going to continue to attack.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hahaha

RELEASE THE TAPES BITCH I DARE YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

lol donnie called to ask how he was doing just out of the blue. what the gently caress is trump even doing?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I can't get twitter here, can someone post relevent/good Tonald Jump Dunior tweets?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Someone make a gif of Comey adjusting himself at the table just now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/872844672292577280

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Tom Cotton is such a piece of poo poo but I don't think he's getting the answers he wants.

Also wtf he's bringing up the 2004 incident.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is Cotton trying to say that this isn't a bad situation because Comey didn't threaten to resign over it?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Is Cotton trying to say that this isn't a bad situation because Comey didn't threaten to resign over it?

It's not a bad line of attack since he's proven that that's what he'll do when ordered to do something illegal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Pesticide20 posted:

Yes that was his point.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Good on Kamala Harris for calling out Risch's bullshit about hope

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tom Cotton is such a piece of poo poo but I don't think he's getting the answers he wants.

Also wtf he's bringing up the 2004 incident.

He's making the point that whatever Trump was asking of Comey wasn't serious because Comey had this previous incident where Comey did write up a letter of resignation for Bush and didn't do that with Trump.

It's a decent point but Comey was also investigating Trump's campaign so any actions or requests Trump made of him regarding it would also be worth cataloging, not resigning over.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kamala Harris is bae

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'll say it: I don't believe that Trump himself had any involvement with the Russia hack.

I firmly believe that his subordinates were involved, but the old man himself either had no direct knowledge or it has leaked through the holes in his brain.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'll say it: I don't believe that Trump himself had any involvement with the Russia hack.

I firmly believe that his subordinates were involved, but the old man himself either had no direct knowledge or it has leaked through the holes in his brain.

He has complete knowledge of it, but I don't think he personally met with anyone outside of Putin back in the pisstape days. he's absolutely running the illegal poo poo through his underlings but he has full knowledge of what they're doing. he's still micromanaging his personal businesses through his son. that's the way he works.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Deathy McDeath posted:

That's called "insulation" in the mob world.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Tom Cotton: referring to the 2004 surveillance disagreement as a legal disagreement between skilled and qualified lawyers
Comey: I wouldn't describe it like that

I wish I could find the actual quote. Some good shade.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving Cornyn is a piece of poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
EEEEEEEEMMMMMAAAAAAAIIIIILLLLLLSSSSSs

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

loving Cornyn is a piece of poo poo.

Mr. Nice! posted:

EEEEEEEEMMMMMAAAAAAAIIIIILLLLLLSSSSSs

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Cmon dude. You've seen how Trump handles himself in public settings. Do you really think he could coordinate a multi-national conspiracy, through subordinates or otherwise, to influence the American election? Trump is either incredibly nefarious or maliciously stupid. He can't be both.

I get "insulation" and all that poo poo, but this is a dude who can't keep his story straight in the same paragraph, let alone over a yearlong investigation.

Look, he's definitely trying to run interference on the investigation, but he's doing it in the same hamfisted way that a person who gets their news from "Fox & Friends" would. Do you think he's really that canny? I don't.

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 8, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What the hell does this have to do with Trump you turd?

Has this pretty much been "Democrats trying to skewer Trump, Trump-hesistant Republicans trying to skewer Trump, and hardcore Republicans going "BUT EMAILS!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!"?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Deathy McDeath posted:

Cmon dude. You've seen how Trump handles himself in public settings. Do you really think he could coordinate a multi-national conspiracy, through subordinates or otherwise, to influence the American election? Trump is either incredibly nefarious or maliciously stupid. He can't be both.

Look, he's definitely trying to run interference on the investigation, but he's doing it in the same hamfisted way that a person who gets their news from "Fox & Friends" would. Do you think he's really that canny? I don't.

I think Russia was just smart enough to know that Trump would be an easy pawn. But if you're that easy of a pawn you should be impeached anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

What the hell does this have to do with Trump you turd?

Nothing. You discredit Comey, get him to say Trump wasn't under investigation and that Trump never directly ordered the investigation to end, Fox News and Breitbart do the rest.

• Locked thread