Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
KAMALA TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Comey's a funny mfer

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dayyyyyyyum Kamala

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

We already knew he was a liar, and none of these lies are of any consequence.

Yes, we did, and yes, they are.

Do you really not see the difference between us calling him a liar and the former director of the FBI calling him a liar in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Comey is lawyer-funny, which has made this far more bearable

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh god

Stream cut out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Night10194 posted:

I get the impression Cotton is not a smart man.

Cotton is being set up as the next Paul Ryan.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

TyrantWD posted:

This whole Trump-Russia thing is going out with a whimper.

lol what

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Kamala going right on in with a gun to the head analogy

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Is Comey answering with "I can't answer these things" basically saying "Fuckkkkk yes." ?

Because if the answer was no, he would just say no correct?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Cotton is being set up as the next Paul Ryan.

Ehhhhhh, let's not go this far. Cotton's no policy wonk. If anything he's the anti-Ryan, since he's all about blustery flyover populism.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
It's probably good gamesmanship to keep asking Comey questions you know he can't answer, but god drat, it just makes me really want the answers.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

Is Comey answering with "I can't answer these things" basically saying "Fuckkkkk yes." ?

Pretty much.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

Kind of. Some of his responses might touch on how the information was obtained such as sources and methods which would definitely be classified.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

For many of them, yes, because a) he's under oath and b) if the answer was no, there's no legal obligation to say otherwise.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Alter Ego posted:

It's his turkey neck and oversized Adam's apple.

I really think you're underselling the breath and depth of his unfortunate personal features!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Potato Salad posted:

Comey just gave me chills, I haven't seen a pronouncement of confidence in the American experiment like that in years.

I'm just tuning in, who asked the question that set Comey off? I'd like to rewind and check it out after

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

ratbert90 posted:

No. I feel pretty confident that when he says "I'm not answering that" he means "I'm not answering that"

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

ratbert90 posted:

We can't answer that in an open forum

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Raylen posted:

I missed this part. What did he say?

A sort of mini speech about the great American experiment, how we fight with eachother over things but we choose what to do, no one else tells us what to do and Russia hates it and want to discredit us for their benefit. I hope the clip makes it to youtube because it was pretty awe inspiring given the last year of politics

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

He's been pretty insistent that he won't answer no either because it could lead to follow up questions that he won't answer which would paint things in a certain light. He said that he won't discuss any investigation details until the closed session later.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ShredsYouSay posted:

drat! Foiled again!

Superrodan posted:

He's been pretty insistent that he won't answer no either because it could lead to follow up questions that he won't answer which would paint things in a certain light. He said that he won't discuss any investigation details until the closed session later.

This makes sense. Thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

Legally this is still a null reply and will be considered as one.
So to prevent 'So do you still punch your wife?' gotcha worded questions.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

ShredsYouSay posted:

What about a dead gay comedy forum?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

No, dont listen to the other idiots. It means he can't answer one way or another.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

For many of them, yes, because a) he's under oath and b) if the answer was no, there's no legal obligation to say otherwise.
that's false. he's been very clear that answering no to a question about investigations would give away too much about similar questions where he refuses to answer.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, Comey! :stare:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Raylen posted:

Kind of. Some of his responses might touch on how the information was obtained such as sources and methods which would definitely be classified.

Yup, as a general rule you'll never hear an official confirm OR deny we successfully intercepted a foreign communication.

Wish some of these were just flat "I can't answer that *WINK*" but there is some nuance there.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

He's being incredibly professional about everything, so I wouldn't consider that a reliable yes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ratbert90 posted:

Absolutely, positively not. He goes on and on about how it's a non-denial.

But Cotton asking any question that can be spun that way is a very, very stupid move by Cotton.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/872848913937690624

glad that's settled, stop the stream

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Absolutely, positively not. He goes on and on about how it's a non-denial.

But Cotton asking any question that can be spun that way is a very, very stupid move by Cotton.

Fair enough, that's probably why I got the impression.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I just got to the stream now, were any bombshells dropped?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

SocketWrench posted:

A sort of mini speech about the great American experiment, how we fight with eachother over things but we choose what to do, no one else tells us what to do and Russia hates it and want to discredit us for their benefit. I hope the clip makes it to youtube because it was pretty awe inspiring given the last year of politics

It's a nice sentiment when the two parties he talks about are both well-meaning actors with a love of their nation and fellow countrymen who disagree on the methods by which America can best be served.
It's not as nice when the primary points of contention are whether or not women, ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ people are, in fact, people.

Like, I'm not faulting Comey for his optimism, just saying that it really doesn't make the last year seem less awful than it was. Republicans are still monstrous people who have no place in a civilized society.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

See, now, Spicey would have said "I can't speak for the President."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

The big bombshell is that Comey is being professional and there hasn't been any non-weasel answers from him.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Disappointing. I was promised tweets. Getting Donnie, Jr. making an rear end of himself instead is like trying to quit smoking by switching to coffee.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Knifegrab posted:

Comey very matter-of-factly called Trump a lying sack of poo poo. MORE THAN ONCE. He's been just generally spittin' hot fire.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/AP/status/87284...ed64337f69e%2F0

Full on legal defense of "Can't obstruct justice without intent. He is too dumb to intend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

eviltastic posted:

Disappointing. I was promised tweets. Getting Donnie, Jr. making an rear end of himself instead is like trying to quit smoking by switching to coffee.

Handlers took Trump's phone away. You gotta wait till either midnight tonight or 6am tomorrow

• Locked thread